I Can't Forget What You've Forgotten

Twelve

{{ Several Days Later }}

Zacky Baker waited near the side of the stage, keeping his eyes on the girl that danced on stage in nothing but a bikini; it was the same girl that he laid his eyes on last week. The same girl that caught his interest with her flawless countenance and shining dark hair that glowed underneath the dim lights that shined above her.

He waited patiently, waiting for her to get off. He was determined to meet her - or at least see her up close; he wanted to be able to see her face clearly for what it is instead of the illusion of what it is on stage with the weird lights.

He heard the music end and the movements of the men around him pulled him out of his thoughts. His attention diverted to the stage, where the women were getting off and he stood up quickly, racing to get backstage where he knew they would get off.

{{ Krystal's P.O.V. }}

I got off stage and followed the other girls to the dressing room where we were allowed to take breaks or change back into our regular clothes after our shift was over. I laughed along with everyone else as Nicole told a joke about the man that called her over; I really did find it funny. I wasn't laughing because everyone else was.

It was the weekend, and since I didn't work back at the hotel on weekends, my boss made me take an opening in the evening, when the sun was still out. It's hard to keep up a 'double life' when no one at your hotel workplace was supposed to know about this. The hotel and this club was owned by the same owner, so therefore, he had control over me not to let the others know. The same with Nicole; she was the only other girl that worked at the hotel that knew - pretty much because we were in the same situation.

I pulled my jeans on, and quickly threw a random shirt on. I slipped into my slip on shoes and swiftly pulled on my long trench coat - one that I actually found stylish for me. I peered into the mirror behind Nicole and fixed my hair, trying to ignore the laughter and the giggles of others.

Nicole smiled at me through the mirror as she re-applied some more lipstick and lip gloss. I smiled back and took a closer step, checking to see if my eyes makeup was running. Since it wasn't, I decided to just leave it be and wouldn't care walking out in broad daylight like that.

"Lucky." Nicole laughed out. "You get to leave now."

I chuckled. "Just hang in there for one more hour Nik." I patted her shoulder and walked out the door. The outside was crowded and populated, nearly pushing me back inside the room with all the people passing by. I had barely stepped out when I heard a male's voice call my name.

"Kristy?!" he exclaimed with shock in his voice. I looked up to see Zacky, staring at me with wide eyes. I mumbled incoherent words under my breath and ducked underneath everyone, moving against them the best that I could to get out through the back exit door. I moved swiftly and with ease, being use to moving around in big crowds.

I made it out in no time, knowing that I would take him a while to get through if he was truly following me. I looked behind me and saw him struggling, but still going after me. I pushed the big door open and the sun burned on me as I tried to walk quickly down the street. The streets were empty of people, so it was easy for me to get my racing thoughts together.

I was near panic - I didn't know what to do. There was no way that he could be following me - he can't be; and he can't know about this. No one can; or else I'd live in fear for my life.

I continued on down the empty streets, pulling my long coat closer to my body. The peace and silence didn't last for long; soon enough, I heard his footsteps following behind me. I quickened my walking pace, trying to get far away from him but his sped up as well. They came closer and closer to me, and soon, I broke out into a run. I sprinted past houses and buildings, and down alleyways and properties so that no one around would get suspicious.

I heard him call out my name numerous times but I never stopped; I couldn't. I kept on running and running until I got pass this abandoned hotel building did I get tackled down into the dirt. I struggled against him to break free, long enough to be able to get up and continue on my flee from the scene. But he was quicker than I though; way too quick.

He got a grasp around my waist and I was pushed back against the hotel's wall; the sound of my yelp echoed down the empty back way as I felt my skin rub against the inside material of my coat, my shoulder blades colliding with the hard bricks.

"Look at what you're doing to yourself," he hissed at me through gritted teeth; a hint of pain was shown in his eyes.

"I don't care," I spat out to him. "It's your fault that I'm in this position so don't even say that I'm the one doing this to myself." He opened his mouth to say something but then shut it. "Exactly. Even you know that this is partly your fault."

"But why don't you just quit instead of letting yourself do this?" he asked, slowly letting me go.

I continued to lean against the wall, stuffing my hands inside of my coat. "Why do you even care?"

"Because I do care. I've told you before and I'll tell you again, whether you believe me or not - but I love you." He took a hold of my shoulders. "I've known you for how long? Nine years," he answered his own question. "I'm not going to just sit there and watch you do this to yourself."

I avoided his gaze and found sudden interest in the ground, trying to not make it obvious that tears had sprung to my eyes. "Why were you in there anyway," I demanded to know, looking up at him behind my hair.

He looked appalled, maybe even offended that I had asked that question. "Because I have nothing better to do with my life now then to go to clubs. I saw you, which at the time I thought was someone else, and I wanted to meet her, but then I find out that this is what you're doing to yourself," he answered bluntly and I stared back down at the ground, feeling like a big idiot.

I heard him sigh. "Why are you letting him do that to you?" he asked softly, pulling me close into a hug as I continued with my stare at the ground.

"Because," I whispered, and stayed quiet, not wanting to say anything. He didn't need to know the real reason - didn't even need a reason.

He pulled me back, and made me look into his eyes. "Because, what?" he asked sternly and I felt my eyebrows pull down into a frown, somewhat glaring up at him.

"Because, I can't tell you."

"And why not?" he demanded to know.

"Because." I resisted back the urge to spit the words out to him. "I'd rather live like this than have you know and live in fear." He stayed quiet, trying to register the words I said in his mind; trying to make it make sense. His eyes concentrated hard on mine.

"No," he whispered. "He can't do that." I knew that he had figured it out, but I still didn't want to say it myself, nor did I want to confirm it.

"If I die, you're held responsible," I whispered harshly to him, yanking myself free from his hold. I quickly walked down the back way of the hotel, stomping quite a bit to get away from him and make it clear to him that I wanted to get away.