I Can't Forget What You've Forgotten

Thirteen

Every since that evening, outside of the club when I ran into Zacky, I've always started feeling awkward. I felt as though I'm being watched and that someone was monitoring my every move carefully. I wasn't sure whether it was Zacky himself since he found out, or if it was someone else.

But whoever it was, it made me uncomfortable - uncomfortable to be by myself and around others. I have my very own stalker.

As for the subject of actually seeing Zacky again, after many weeks, I can honestly say that that was the last time I saw him. I haven't seen, nor spoken to him, since; or, he tried to, but I tried to avoid him. I declined all phone calls, refused to answer the door if it was him, and I ignored all form of communications with him.

Looking around at my surroundings, I searched for anyone who might've shown signs of observing me, as I felt a pair of eyes continuously watch me. Cassie stared at me skeptically as she took in my awkward position.

"Dude, what's up with you lately?" she questioned, visibly agitated.

"I don't know." I stopped my searching and glanced directly at her, before my voice dropped down to a whisper. "I think someone's watching me- like a stalker."

She rolled her eyes, finding it ridiculous. "Get over it. You're just being paranoid --"

"No, I'm not!" I harshly whispered, but she paid no mind to it.

"About this whole Zacky thing," she started. "I think it's stupid; whatever happened to you two that day, just put it behind and freakin' talk to him! He's been a mopey, little bitch."

"Shut up. You don't know what you're talking about." I squinted my eyes at her. "And who cares? And I'm being totally serious here Cass. Someone is watching me."

"This will do you both some good." I heard her murmur to herself, shaking her head. "It would cheer him up and you won't be so gahdamn annoying," she scoffed to herself. I gazed at her disbelievingly as she turned her attention back to me. "Seriously, just talk to him --"

"Cass, would you just stop --"

"No!" she exclaimed, causing a few heads to turn. Her hands were slightly gripping at the edge of the table we sat at, at the buffet of the hotel; it was my lunch break. "I won't let you ignore this, Kris! All you've done for the years I've known you is talk and talk about Zack; then you're finally reunited with him again. So what if didn't happen to recognize you?"

I opened my mouth to stop her mini rant but she didn't allow me to. "Kris, here's your chance," she spoke softly, taking my hands into her own across the table top where our lunch plates were pushed aside. "Don't blow it away because of something as stupid as tha --"

"It's not like that-" I stood up from my seat with force, feeling the heat rise in me. "You don't know what happened Cassie - you weren't there. I'll repeat again: you don't know what you're talking about." My words came out sounding harsh, and I regretted it.

"Kr --"

"[color=#745D61Don't know what you're talking about," I gritted my teeth, the words slipping out slowly, low and effortlessly. The pained look that came across her countenance nearly brought one to my own; I hated and surely regret having to hurt her like this.

Anger instantly flashed across her eyes, just as quickly as the pain had come across. She, too, stood up with force, making her seat slide back a few inches away from her. "You're so stubborn - it's hard to talk to you!" I saw her eyes moisten a fraction. "Talk to him." She stared directly into my eyes, making a meaning out of her words. "It'll be for the best," she muttered before she turned around on her heels, rushing off.

My fists balled up tightly by my sides as I resisted the urge to scream. I dug out a twenty dollar bill and placed it forcefully onto the table, before I hastily strode off towards the ladies' restroom. Once inside, I wetted a paper towel and placed it against my cheeks, hoping for the cold to calm me down a little bit. I frowned at myself in the large mirrors.

Should I just talk to him?

I'm not so sure; what reasons do I have, to start talking to him again out of the blue?

There was an eerie silence in the restroom, from it being empty of any users; I was the only one in there. After a while, it began to sink in to my brain. If I felt as though someone's stalking me, how does being in an empty ladies' restroom all by myself, make the situation any better? If anything happened, there's no one around to witness.

Also, it just plainly creep me out to be in such a spacious room by myself.

I quickly threw away the towel and pulled the heavy metal door open, walking out. I power walked my way down the hallway and into the main corridor where everyone else was, passing by with luggages. I tried to make it over to the front desk before my lunch break was over and it was time to work again - but someone grabbed my arm, stopping me.

My heart rate sped up as my thoughts automatically shot back to Zacky. Was I not being so careful to where I don't even notice him next to me? But all thoughts vanished when I looked over to see my boss, with a smile on his face. A shiver discreetly ran its way up my spine as hatred surged up in me once again.

"Good afternoon, sir." I faked a smile with a kind voice.

He smiled back. "Good afternoon, Krystal." He released my arm and I turned to face him. "You know, you've been doing such a great job lately, I'd like you to come over some day to discuss your job position."

"Oh, I'm not sure --" I hesitated but he interrupted.

"You can bring a friend along if you want," he added kindly, his eyes penetrating deep into mine. I knew I had no other choice, so what was there left for me to say? "Maybe you can bring that boy that you've been sulking over during work all week." I saw an invisible smirk, hiding behind his lips.

"Okay," I agreed silently, nodding.

"Alright; come over after work on Friday," he demanded and walked away, leaving me to stand there alone. The feeling in the pit of my stomach didn't improve any, and I sighed. I knew there were double meanings to his words, and I don't think there are any chances that I'd like to go alone. But who do I take with me?

I can't take Cassie - she's probably upset with me and I don't think three days is enough for things to go back to normal. And as a bonus, he suggested that I take Zacky with me - someone who knows. He knows about Cassie, the person I'm with the most, but instead, he suggests him? There was only one explanation that I can think of.

He most likely knows about Zacky and me. It only made sense when the stalking feelings came after that day.

It would be of no use if I brought Cassie; it'll probably only cause more trouble. What if he brought up some topic and she has no idea what he's talking about? That'll only make the situation between me and her much worse.

If it's Zacky that he wants, than I guess that's who he will get.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's been over a month - sorry<3