I Can't Forget What You've Forgotten

One

I took in a deep breath and looked up at the tall building that I was about to enter; where beyond the closed double-glassed doors lay an old friend and his other friends that I have never met. Although I've done some research on them.

Well, I kind of have to do research on them in order to be able to have a heads-up on who/what I'll be working with.

Sighing once again, I pushed the doors open, walking into the elevator and waiting for it to reach my designated floor level.

I work as a tour manager and tour bus driver. I can do both or one of the other. This time, both. Multi-tasking skills, yeah.

Apparently, someone sent my management profile in to Avenged Sevenfold and a guy by the name of Matthew Sanders hired me. Even if they didn't hire me, the bus agency probably would've assigned me to drive for them anyways. I overheard their conversation...

The elevator made a noise, signaling that I was now on the correct floor. I walked down the familiar hallway that I've been down so many times. I walked and walked until I saw a door that read in fine print:

AVENGED SEVENFOLD.

I steadily opened the door and peered inside the room. There he was, sitting there chatting and laughing with his friends.

Someone - who I recognized to be Johnny Christ - acknowledged my presence first and told the others to calm down. All eyes were on me as I walked in and took a seat on a recliner chair next to Matthew.

"I'm Matt." He offered his hand for me to shake. Proper business.

"I'm Jimmy."

"Johnny."

"I'm Zacky." Yeah I know that.

"And I'm Brian." The whole band introduced themselves to me one by one as I introduced myself to them as well.

"It's nice to finally meet you all. I'm Krystal - but you can call me Kristy - and I'll be your tour manager and bus driver as well."

"Whooo good job Matt," Brian commented. "Two in one."

I laughed. "Yeah. So together, you guys are Avenged Sevenfold." They all nodded, filled with pride. "I love your stuff by the way." I made one last comment before getting down to what was meant to be said. "So you're known as M. Shadows," I noted to Matt. "You're Johnny Christ, the Rev, Zacky Vengeance, and you..." I paused on Brian. "The infamous Synyster Gates."

"In the flesh," he remarked and I rolled my eyes, smirking at his ego.

"How come he gets the famous recognition?"my dear Zacky asked, pouting a bit.

"'Cause he's the most talked about one that the girls drool over my darling," I told him. I started interviewing them, asking them questions and such as to how the tour is going to go, setting up dates, and just in general, about them personally. What do they prefer, favorite color, etc...you know, it's nice to get to know the clients so that it won't get all quiet and awkward.

"Okay, so now you know about us," Jimmy stated. "Now can we get to know you?"

I nodded and Matt opened his mouth to talk. "Why don't we do this over some coffee?" he asked and we all nodded our head eagerly.

They all headed to a nearby cafe in the car they came in and I followed behind them to the place of their choice, Brian deciding to follow me. We got to a Starbucks and found parking spaces next to each other. Walking into the cafe, we all ordered our drinks, paying for my own after a long argument with them.

"So, name, age, sex, and location." Johnny got straight to it, causing me to laugh.

"Okay. Well, Kristy; 24; female obviously; and location: orange county," I replied.

"Wow, pretty close to us."

"Mhmm."

"Favorite color?" Matt asked.

"Red and black." This all seems like first graders trying to know each other - though it is fun. It was quiet for a while, the guys thinking of questions until Zacky raised his hand abruptly.

"Are you a meat person or vegetarian?"

"Ick to meat. Imma veggie!" I started cracking up, remembering what I used to say to people back in high school. I can't exactly remember the last time I actually said that.

Zacky stared at me strangely, trying not to laugh. "You're weird."

"And so are you."

"And how would you know that?"

"Maybe I know you better than you think," I said, taking a sip of my drink. The conversation ended right there - or at least the one between me and Zacky did. I'm sure that that freaked him out a bit. But it proved to me that it's official then. Zackery Baker really doesn't remember me, even after the joke I had made that used to once break us into fits of laughter.

♥ - ♥ - ♥

Days later, we had figure out the tour dates, the venues they were going to play in, and the quickest routes to get there. Really, I did that one myself since I'm the one who has to drive - a downside of driving for a band.

I could say that Avenged Sevenfold and I do get along well, only I find it odd how I don't talk much to them. I tend to keep quiet and to myself. They only know the basics about me, something that anyone else who asks me, would know. They don't know about the personal stuff though - about my love life, my past, anything that's one bit personal.

I moved around my small apartment that I call home and got some of my clothes together. We're going on tour in about two days and I have yet to get my things together. Clothes and such goes into one luggage, necessities in a small handbag that can go inside of that luggage, another small bag filled with papers and information needed for the trip, and my messenger bag that contains my laptop, iPod, and some things that I always carry around with me that'll keep me from boredom.

The apartment's buzzer sounded throughout the whole place and I ran upfront, answering it.

"Yeah?"

"It's Cassie." in came a familiar voice and I buzzed the door open for her to come up.

Cassie was my best friend for a long time. She was the only person that was there for me on my first day at the new high school after I have moved away, meaning I've known her for at least six years. She's a fun person to be around; loud, obnoxious, crazy, yet she's calm when you need her to. You (and I) may not think that that's possible for her...but it is.

I unlocked and opened the door a little for her to come in whenever she gets up here. But my face was almost smashed against the door right when I unlocked it thanks to a certain someone.

"You're leaving me again!" Cassie threw herself at me and flung her arms around my neck as I tried to keep us from falling over.

"I sorry Cass but I gotsta." She pulled back and pouted, covering her face with her hands and walking over to sit on the couch. "Aw now don't cry."

Immediately, she looked up at me with a grin on her face. Typical Cassie. "So who is it this time?" She always asks that, always wanting to know who I'll get to meet this time.

I stayed quiet for a while, a little smile playing on my face. "Avenged Sevenfold," was all I had to say to send her jumping out of her seat and squealing around. A7X is her absolute, favorite band of all time (Not to mention, she has an overly huge obsession with Jimmy).

"Can't you take me along?" she pleaded and I shrugged.

"I don't know. I'll have to get their approval if they want another chick on the bus.." I trailed off, toying with her.

"Please!" she exaggerated.

"Okay fine." I gave in. "I'll ask them."

"Okay but wait.." she paused, pointing at me in a thinking manner. "Isn't Zacky that same guy that--"

"Yes, he is." I cutted her off before she could say it. "But from the way it is, I think he doesn't remember that it's me." I've told Cassie about Zacky years ago; about what had happened between us. Everything from how we met when we were little, the fights we had, how much fun we had together and the jokes we made, to when we got together, to when he had hurt me, and when I moved away and met her.

"Wouldnt it be weird..."

"Only in my mind. I'll just act like it's the first time I've ever met him like the other guys and if he happens to remember me, then he remembers me." I shrugged the topic off, heading back into my room.

"But what if he does remember you and wants to get back together? What would you do?"

"I don't know Cassie."

"Oh come on, you've got to know."

"I don't know Cassie," I repeated again, hoping that she would just let the subject drop but no, not everything can go my way.

"Well, I'm just giving you a head warning: Be Careful."

"What's there to be careful about?" I asked myself, shrugging with my back still facing her as I folded some more clothes into my suitcase.

"Lots. Who knows what he'll do again. For all I know, he'll just go back to treating you like crap again and just use you."

"Just shut up already," I muttered angrily to myself. I've always hated every time someone gives me that speech. I know they only care but after hearing it so many times, you'd think that they would know that it's stuck in my head right about now. I continued to shove my clothes into the suitcase forcefully.

Absentmindedly, I tried to ignore Cassie as she went on and on about what could possibly happen on tour - all of which are negative thoughts - and all of a sudden, she switches gears and starts to talk about how she'll be on the same bus with Jimmy. That sure shows how quickly her thought process can change, now doesn't it?

Later that night, after hours of listening to Cassie ramble on about her lecture and love life, she finally left. Don't get me wrong - I love her - but it's just not the day today to be talking about my past lover, for hours. I picked up the phone and dialed Brian's number since Matt's phone was off (Cassie and I tried to call him earlier).

"Hello?" came a voice on the other line.

"Hello - Brian?"

"Yeah. Who's this?"

"Kristy."

"Oh hey!" he answered happily. "What's up?"

"I just wanted to ask a question," I informed him slowly.

"Go on," he urged me on.

"My best friend wants to come along on the tour. I just wanted to ask and see if it's okay with you guys--"

"Of course it is!"

"Are you sure you're not just saying that so that you guys can have another girl to hit on?" I jokingly asked and heard him laugh,

"Nah it's cool. You'll be on tour too so it's only fair for you to bring someone you want along with you."

"Okay. Just wanted to make sure."

"Mhmm. Anything else?"

"Nope. That's all. Thank you, bye."

"Buh-bye," he said and the phone call ended.

So now, Cassie will be on tour with us. I called her and told her, telling her to pack her stuff and get ready because we're leaving the morning after tomorrow. Knowing her, she'll probably start hitting on Jimmy the moment it's an hour after they're introduced.

I went to brush my teeth before going to bed, thoughts and memories running through my head. It was almost impossible to get rid of them considering the fact that the tour is so close and the amount of time I'd have to spend being in the same room as Zacky. Why did things have to happen the way it did?

Getting changed into my pajamas, I crawled into bed after receiving a text message on my cell phone from one of the guys, telling me what time we were leaving in the morning the day after tomorrow; then falling asleep into an endless memory.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's kinda slow at first- the writing style's kinda... old. Haha.