I Can't Forget What You've Forgotten

Nineteen

A few days later, I was free to go home- or at least, to some place that I could stay and call it home. The Zacky character never really did leave me alone after the day I woke up; he insisted that I should move in with him and his band rather than living alone in the apartment that was once mine. I have nothing to lose, so I decided, why not? And the Cassie character seemed more than thrilled when she heard the news. Apparently, she had moved in with them a few weeks prior to live with this Jimmy person.

Like I would know.

As we maneuvered around the empty space that used to be my apartment, Cassie and I zipped up the last of my big suitcase stuffed with clothes and other items that were my belongings. The man named Jimmy came over to us and I could see him discreetly rest a hand on her lower back. Perhaps there were dating- oh well, no shit. That's a given. He took my luggage and grunted as he hauled it off the bed, walking awkwardly towards the door.

He was one strange fellow- tremendously tall compared to a person of my height, who stood barely as tall as Zack. He had a crazy personality, and quite frankly to say, I was somewhat frightened when I first met him- he was outstandingly outgoing. But then again, now that I think of it, it didn't help with the fact that he thinks he knows me- based off what Zack told me, that is.

Cassie sighed happily and stared up at the ceiling before returning her gaze back on me with a big smile. "This is gonna be so much fun. It's amazing living with the guys and we'll finally get to be roommates!" She squealed happily, gripping on to my arm before taking a moment to pause. "Well... not roommates..." she trailed off, "But we'll finally be living together!" She grinned at me and I smiled uneasily back at her.

She still thinks that I know everything. After I had a re-introduction with Zacky, she came back in to my room and continued on apologizing for whatever it was that she did. It seemed almost impossible to tell her- like it didn't even faze her that when I asked 'what are you doing here?', it meant that I didn't know who she was. But after constant apologies and almost no chance in getting her to stop, I gave in and forgave her, thus, causing her to think that things were back to normal- whatever normal was to them.

She just thought that Zacky and I have come to terms...

She skipped out of the room and out to where the front door was; I could hear Zacky and Jimmy outside yelling through the door and windows that were opened to allow us some fresh air. I could hear Cassie shout something to them before some metal part of the door was slammed shut. I took in a breath and exhaled, taking one last look around the room. It looked so empty yet so familiar all at once, and still, it felt like there was something in the room that I needed- something that I couldn't leave without. The apartment complex had already been rented to someone else and they were due to move in either tonight or tomorrow.

I took a quick walk around the room, looking at anything and everything, just searching to see if anything was left behind that we didn't pack or the guys didn't get rid of. There were certain things that they said they would help me dispose of and quite frankly, I didn't really care what they did. It was only clothing items and it seemed like I already had enough of that packed up.

I was about to make my way towards the doorway, thinking that nothing was left behind when a silver silhouette caught my eye from underneath the empty bed frame. It lay near the side table that I had sitting next to the bed; it must've dropped while Jimmy dumped everything in the drawer into a trash bag, too caught up in a conversation with Zacky. I kneeled down and hesitantly picked it up, wiping away some of the dirt that was collected on its surface.

It was a thin chain- all silver with a heart dangling at the end. It looked expensive- not millionaire expensive but definitely not something that I would be able to afford on my own. There were some dents in the heart- engravings, and I would've read it but I heard footsteps coming down the hall. I quickly slipped it in my pocket and stood up straight, just in time as Zacky appeared on the doorway.

He leaned his shoulder against the door frame with his arms crossed. A light smile graced his lips as I shot him one back, looking around the room awkwardly. "Ready to go?" he asked softly and I returned my gaze to him, nodding. He waited until I walked over to him and out towards the living room before placing a hand on the small of my back and following behind me.

I'll just have to wait until later to take a look at it.

The ride home was quite uneventful, since Cassie and Jimmy took a separate car than me and Zacky here (just an extra care incase not all of my stuff would in a four-door car). The atmosphere was quiet and occasionally filled with small chatter. At times, Jimmy would keep pace with our car and they'd pull some conversations or gestures at each other during red lights. Cassie and I would sit back and roll our eyes at their childishness.

When we arrived at the house, the guys would take my heavy luggage to where my room was, while Cassie and I carried the light stuff, which was barely any.

I sat down on the plain white bed and looked around at the walls. They were white and bare- obviously meant to be a guest room that the band has now made me claim as my own. It would do me some good to go out and buy some paint later on in my stay, perhaps some posters or framed photos as well. Everything else was fine; there were enough furniture already in the room, and they were all placed perfectly in the room.

I heard heavy footsteps come down the hallway, shuffling at times, before Jimmy appeared in the doorway. His face clearly showed that he was struggling, and one of my heaviest bags pressed against his leg as he tried to move- probably what cause the feet shuffling. He had to use both hands to keep the bag off the ground. I felt somewhat bad for deciding to stuff that much stuff into one bag.

He came over to the bed and threw it onto the mattress, causing it to bounce tremendously and me to giggle along as I bounced with it. "Damn your fucking heavy ass bags," he grumbled as he huffed out a breath and stalked out of the room.

I stuck out my tongue at his back and rolled onto my back. It was nice to be able to lie down, even for a few seconds, after moving around all day to pack. I sat back up and pulled the suitcase towards me, unzipping it and taking a look at the items inside. Nothing but clothes packed tightly together. I didn't know my stuff could be compacted into such a flat form.

It didn't take me long to unpack and put everything away to where they belonged. I had pretty much packed up everything into sections or categories- a way to make it easier and quicker without searching and moving back and forth. All I had to do was take one pile, and put it in the drawer that it belonged to.

When I was done and have stored away all the luggage bags somewhere, I laid down in my bed, crossing one bent knee over the other. I pulled out the almost-lost object and finally took this as the time to observe it. The long, slender silver chain seemed almost familiar to my fingers, as other jewelry held almost the same resemblance.

I took the heart in between my index finger and my thumb, rubbing the dust completely off of it. I placed it closer to my eye and read the words that were engraved in it.

K.Hail & Z.Baker

What was this supposed to be? It couldn't have belonged to me, despite the fact that I know that that's my name engraved in it, could it? And strangely enough, Z.Baker? Maybe it belonged to Zack... he's the only Baker I know, and from all that he has told me and shown me as proof, it seemed logical enough that it's him. Perhaps he dropped it or something...

But what could the meaning of this necklace be? If he was at the hospital with me in this period of time, and we went to some sort of a high school event together, could this all have been linked somehow to why I'm like this? I couldn't help but feel like maybe this had to do with something about what had happened to me.

I heard another pair of heavy footsteps come down the hall and I quickly shoved the necklace back into my pocket. I could feel someone's presence in the doorway and I looked up, seeing that it was Zacky, standing there with his arms crossed- like the position he was previously in back at my apartment before we left.

I smiled at him and he came in, taking a seat on the bed near my feet. He leaned back on one arm and glanced at the ceiling quickly before turning his head towards me. He cracked a grin and I chuckled at his randomness.

"Can I help you?" I asked and he shrugged.

"I'm kinda tired from lifting all those bags," he said with a shrug and I raised an eyebrow at him. "I was just wondering if you would like to come get some coffee or something with me. I have to bring the guys something back anyways. I could use some help." He smiled and I returned the gesture, nodding.

"But it's already six. You're all gonna be up all night then," I told him and he shrugged once more.

"It's not like we go to bed early anyways." He has a good point... He shifted himself into a sitting position and then stood up. "Come on," he gestured for me to follow him. I got up and quickly slipped on my shoes, going out to his car.

I'll just have to do some interrogations.