I Can't Forget What You've Forgotten

Twenty One

Two Weeks Later

My face scrunched up and my eyes squinted through my sunglasses as my black hair flew all around my face. I hugged my knees, which were crossed at my ankles, closer to my body to keep from completely shivering. Jimmy definitely couldn't be bothered with rolling his side of the window up.

We were in a van - one that Zacky had told me the boys used to use back in the days when they didn't have an actual touring bus - and we were headed to Knottā€™s Berry Farm, courtesy of Matt who had volunteered to drive us all. I'm not even sure where the idea of actually going to Knott's came up, but I'm willing to take a guess that it sparked up due to Jimmy's interest.

When Matt had finally found a parking space and pulled into it, Jimmy had basically climbed over me and was the first one to get out. He waited outside impatiently, pacing back and forth in front of the end of the van. Cassie got out of the vehicle next and jogged up next to him, pouncing on his back. He spun her around in circles with her on his back while she giggled madly.

Brian shook his head with a crooked smile on his lips and I got out after him, waiting patiently towards the side for everyone else to get out. Zacky got out a few seconds later and came over to me, placing an arm around my neck. I giggled and staggered as I tried to walk next to him while his arm weight me down, pulling me into motion with him.

"Where are we going first? Where are we going first?" Jimmy asked anxiously, walking backwards so that he could see everyone (need I mention, with Cassie still on his back).

"Oh!" Val, who I just metand found out that's Matt's girlfriend, skipped a little ways ahead of her boyfriend. "Can we go on Big Foot Rapids first?" she pleaded. "I want to be cool the whole day and not sweaty." I laughed at her reason and she stuck her tongue out at me.

"Off we go!" Jimmy exclaimed and jogged off straight ahead of us, where I'm guessing the water ride is.

"Are you scared yet?" I could already imagine Zack smirking at the moment, as he leaned in close to me and murmured in my ear, despite the fact that his hands were still holding on to the bars in front of us.

"No," I scoffed. But I couldn't control the shaking feeling that I got in my knees and the pit of my stomach as we rode up higher in elevation. "Are you getting scared?" I took notice of his shaking form as well but he shook his head with the look of denial on his face.

It was near pitch dark outside, perhaps around 7 PM or so, and the amusement park was surrounded by lights lit up from other rides, throughout the park, and the residential neighborhoods around the territory. The park was still populated though no more new guests entered; within three hours, everyone would be gone and it'd be up to the staff to close up.

I wasn't quite sure of where the rest of our group was, but currently, Zack, Brian, Johnny, and I were on Ghostrider, waiting for the first big drop as we ascended up the slope. It was probably one of the oldest rides here - a wooden structure with termites eating away, and metal railing that shook and squeaked. Fortunately enough, Johnny had wanted to sit in the first cart, so I chose to sit in the second row behind him; Zack wanted to keep me company. I was pretty sure Brian would've done anything to sit up front anyway.

I took the half of a minute I had left before we reached the highest point of altitude and looked around at the city below us - at the mountains far away with specks of light that littered them. It was absolutely breathtaking, being up so high in such darkness and yet, having the city be so alive - if you could forget the fact that you're about to plummet down hundreds of feet.

"Wussies!" Johnny craned his neck back to look at us, eavesdropping on our 'conversation'. He laughed obnoxiously as Zack flipped him off.

"We'll see when you start screaming like a baby!"

I felt the cart shudder as it slowed down to a near stop, reaching its peak. I could feel my fingers gripping the orange bar tighter and the feeling at the tip of my toes going numb. I couldn't keep still as I let a small squeal escape from me. An adrenaline rush came over me and the need to giggle overfilled me when we began to descend. The force was enough to lift my body off of its seat.

The feeling was numbing as the wind blew in my face, whipping my hair back and forth harshly. I could hear Johnny screaming up front as everything flew by in a blur of lights and uncontrollable rattling. Brian was next to him, screaming and laughing at the same time; his head was missing its signature fedora hat - which he must've taken off for the time being. Zack was in his seat, leaning forward and laughing to prevent a neck whiplash from all the tossing around.

There was a trail of high-pitched screams coming behind us.

When the ride came to a slow steady stop, a flash of bright light was flashed in our faces and Brian let out a scream, claiming that he had been blinded. My legs were shaky, uncoordinated when we got off. Zack placed his hand on my hip to steady me, before getting out himself. I giggled as I tried to run with Johnny to where the picture station was. They weren't that flattering - just windblown hair, smiling faces, and hysterical laughter.

"Oh God," Brian continued to chuckle a bit, brushing a hand through his black hair, re-placing the fedora hat back on the top of his head, "That was crazy." He looked around for a split second before beginning to walk off in one direction. "Well, I'm off. I need someone to calm these nerves," he said. I could only guess that he would be going back to the group - or at least find where his girlfriend was. Johnny slowly followed behind him and so did Zack, but after a while, he started going off in his own way and I followed - something pulling me towards him.

He went over to a wooden bench with his hands stuffed in his pockets, and took a seat. Looking up at me, his eyes secretly pointed to the seat next to him, wanting me to sit down next to him. I did as asked and he took a hand out of his pocket, resting it behind me on the backrest. His hand softly held on to my shoulder and I leaned in a bit closer to him.

I was worn out in all honesty. I had a throbbing headache and my feet were beginning to hurt. I would've called it a night - I don't think I could handle any more, but I knew the others wouldn't agree. I've come to learn that they're all active characters - characters that are looking for adventure and fun. I, on the other hand, preferred a more laidback environment.

I turned over to look at Zack and he was smiling down at me. He placed a kiss on my head and resumed to looking forward at everyone passing by - mostly teenagers running around without adult supervisionnot like they needed any.

"Are you tired?" I heard him ask. He directed his gaze back on me and I shrugged.

"A bit..." I trailed off with another shrug and flashed him a small smile. He rolled his eyes and stood up, pulling me with him. He kept an arm around my shoulder and pulled me close to him as he led us towards the exit. "Where are we going?" I questioned him.

"Out to the car," he replied and pulled a set of keys out of his pocket. I nodded and let him lead me over to the white van, parked not that far away from the front entrance.

He pulled the door open and I climbed in to the backseat where there was more room compared to the front. Reaching up front to insert the key into the ignition, he turned on the heater and climbed back to where I was. He re-placed his arms around me and hugged me close. I wrapped my arms around his waist and laid my head on his chest.

I could hear his heartbeat and feel it running through his veins, a little quicker than normal.

I felt him suck in a breath of air before exhaling and he sat up a bit, causing me to sit up as well. "Kristy..." he began timidly, hesitating as I leaned back to look at him face to face. "I was just wondering..." he began to hesitate some more before finally looking straight into my eyes, "If you wanted to go out?"

Was that what made him so nervous - a simple question? I quickly ran through my head the possibilities and my choices. What have I got to lose? It seemed safe enough - I've had enough evidence for my liking. He's been nothing but nice to me every since I've woken up from that strange day in the hospital. Nothing could be wrong - he didn't seem bad at all.
♠ ♠ ♠
Horrible updater. That I am.
And a person who sucks at fillers.

No, that wasn't a cliffhanger for those of you wondering. You should know her answer.
As little as this story gets updated, I'm pretty happy it has reached ten stars before it ended. And I'm on quite a roll with this.
Thank you to those who still reads =]<3