I Can't Forget What You've Forgotten

Epilogue

He felt a hand on his shoulder, bringing him out of his trance. “Hey, are you coming?” came Brian’s voice, soft and cautious. Zack brought his gaze up from the ground slowly, glancing back to where everyone was slowly piling into several separate cars.

He nodded, his eyes meeting Brian’s. “I’ll be there in a minute,” he replied and Brian nodded, walking away to where Jimmy waited, leaned up against a black SUV. Zack placed his hands in the pockets of his black trousers and sighed, letting his green eyes drop back down to the grass in front of him.

There was a fresh patch of green grass that barely stood out from the rest of the field. It left only little space for people to gather around it. He could feel the burning tears, glazing over his eyes as he looked down at the grave plate placed right in front of his feet. It seems so out of place – to have her name on there. It was eerie to see a beginning and ending date on a person’s life.

Krystal Hail didn’t belong there. She belonged to the rest of Avenged Sevenfold and their touring career.

She had a fortunate second chance at life; it was too short-lived. Maybe it was destiny – fate playing out its own role in the end. But he wished that there would’ve been a warning, some sort of chance to make it worthwhile for her. Perhaps, he could’ve taken the time to eventually tell her the truth herself.

Guilt placed a heavy burden on his heart the day he looked out of that window and down at the unfortunate scene below him. He wish he could’ve seen her one last time before, but it wasn’t until later when Cassie told him that she had told Kristy everything, that he regretted it even more.

It was his mistake, his fault, and he’ll just have to deal with it. He brought on his own regret when he knew it was wrong; he brought the heavy pain upon himself. He had no one to blame. Matt had told him before but he didn’t listen. He couldn’t show his face around Matt, too embarrassed and shameful to admit to anything. He couldn’t give him that pleasure of knowing he was ultimately right.

But still, he couldn't accept it. He couldn't let go. He has lost her once before, and just as he blindly got her back, he lost her again. A third time was just simply too much.

Was this fate's way of telling him they weren't meant to be in the beginning?
♠ ♠ ♠
The End...
Honestly, probably not the best way to end this - but it's the best I could think of.
Two years running; thanks to everyone that still subscribed and kept on reading (:
<3