I Can't Forget What You've Forgotten

Four

I thought back to what Zacky said in the flashback I had.

"None of those girl will ever be special like you."

The phrase repeated in my head, over and over again. It wasn't the truth; he lied to me - just like how he lied to me when he said that he would never forget about me once I moved away. Does it seem like he even as so much as realized who I am now?

Not even my name sparks up anything in his mind. Sure, he may have think that he's seen me somewhere before but it doesn't mean that he remembers exactly who I am, yet alone, the fact that I was once his girlfriend.

I sighed angrily to myself and got up, walking out of the room and making sure to close and lock the door behind me. They all had the keys to their own changing room. I left and went to watch the show with Cassie on the side of the stage. Down the hallway to the stage though, I found her sitting with her back against the wall, looking out through the door that was cracked barely an inch open. You can see the show from where she was - only it was much more quiet.

I sat down in front of her and crossed my legs as she sat and stared out in a daze; she didn't seem to notice that I was there. "What's up?" I asked her cautiously, testing to see if she was even somewhat tuned into the world.

After a few minutes of being ignored, I began to tap her on her thigh furiously, knowing that it was one of her sensitive spots. She snapped out of it with a giggle, holding her leg up.

"Oh, hey." She smiled and sat up straight. "When did you get here? I didn't notice."

"Of course you didn't." I rolled my eyes. "Just tell him that you like him already," I groaned.

She scrunched up her face. "No way."

"C'mon," I pleaded. "What could go wrong?"

She scoffed. "How about, everything?"

I rolled my eyes at her again. "Matt and Zacky were talking earlier about Jimmy." I sighed in a tone that would catch her into knowing more. She leaned in closer, signaling for me to continue on. "You may think that only Brian knows 'cause he's an 'expert', but Cass, you've made it obvious to everyone else."

Her eyes widened. "How obvious?"

I shrugged. "I'm not sure but according to 'Dr. Love'-" I quoted with my index fingers. "He has an eye for you too," I said all in a high-pitch voice, looking up off to the side. "So therefore . . .you should totally tell him." I smiled innocently and she laughed sarcastically.

"If it's true that he likes me too, then he'll come up to me first," she stated and looked back out the door.

"Cassie," I whined. "Just do it; show him some guts! Be the tough chick in this scene and make the first move." I encouraged and she looke dback at me, smirking.

"Why should I listen to a hypocrite?" she questioned smartly, her smirk groing bigger while I stared at her, caught off gaurd. "I'll only confess if you do." I shook my head. "Kristy, tour is almost halfway through, just tell him now before it really gets awkward after you tell him," she said and I groaned.

She was right, but I didn't want to admit it. I continued to shake my head and say no. She exagerrated a sigh in defeat. "Then I guess I'll never tell Jimmy." She shrugged and I threw her an annoyed look before sticking my hand out to stop the door from hitting me.

Someone nearly threw the door fully opened, stopping when they heard the slap of my palm against the wood. They stuck their head in through the crack. "Tell me what?" Jimmy smiled excitedly, sweat dripping down off of his face and onto Cassie as she let out a squeal of disgust, trying to move away.

"That --" I started but was cut off by her.

"Nothing," she said all to quickly. "Except for you to go and get back to the show." She covered and got up, pushing his head out the door, back onto stage, and shutting it quickly. She took her hand covered in sweat and rubbed it on my jacket sleeve.

"Ew, stop." I laughed, and tried to push her away but she stood there, still as a rock with both of her hands on her hips. A glare was on her face, glaring down at me through little eyes.

"You almost blew it!"

"Me? It's all your fault." I stood up with her. "You just had to say his name and everything." I smirked at her red face - the face that was trying to hide a big smile behind the glaring eyes. "You know you love me." I closed my eyes shut and held out my arms. I could just sense her roll her eyes, finally letting the smile out and gave me a hug.

"Just go for it," I whined, rocking us back and forth a bit.

I heard her sigh in defeat. "Fine, I will."

"When?"

"Tomorrow --"

"Why not tonight?" I pulled back and looked at her with a raised eyebrow.

She sighed again. "Fine. Tonight after the show." She let go of me and groaned, opening the door and walking out to where the real side stage was.

I shook my head, chuckling a bit to myself and pulled out my cell phone, looking at the time. There was about fifteen more minutes left in the concert and the guys would be back in the room soon, tired and thirsty, maybe expecting towels.

I walked back to the room that I was in with Zacky and Matt earlier. I unlocked the door and walked in, grabbing a water bottle from the cooler container for myself and grabbing a few more to set out on the table for the others.

Okay, so I didn't really have to do that, but it was obviously something for me to do and kill time with - a moment to distract me from going into a thinking mode that I know all too well will happen if I'm left in silence by myself.

I leaned against the wall near a counter, bringing my unopened bottle of water up to my lips and started to bite on the cap. I let out a sharp air of breath and looked around the room. There wasn't anything special except for white walls, dim lights, and Avenged Sevenfold's luggages. Suddenly, an idea sparked up in my mind.

I took another glance at the clock on the wall. Setting water bottles out didn't seem to have much of an affect at all; I still had ten minutes to kill. I saw Zacky's plain black backpack laying against the wall, aside from the rest of the band's things. Ten minutes was enough time, it doesn't hurt to sneak around a bit. What he doesn't know, won't hurt him, right?

I went over to the door and jiggled the handle, making sure that it was lock and that none of the guys could get in unless they have the key - therefore, giving me some kind of warning that they were coming earlier than expected. I quickly set a timer on my cell phone for ten minutes.

I walked over to where his backpack was and bent down onto my knees, leaning against the wall to prevent from moving the backpack itself. I rummaged neatly through his clothes (just so that he won't get suspicious) and I found nothing out of the ordinary; clothes, iPod, his laptop, etc. Sure, his laptop might contain some interesting information that I might want to see but then that'd take too long and I'll surely enough, get caught.

Yes, snooping around is bad but I'm just trying to find some things - anything about him or things that would help me know how to bring up the main topic of discussion when talking to him. I've finally decided that Cassie was right and that I really need to step it up; confess before any further damage can take place.

I neatly zipped back up the main compartment of his backpack and moved onto the smaller pocket on the outside. There were little knick-knacks inside and his cell phone. I pulled it out and pressed a few buttons here and there; scrolling through his contacts list and reading his text messages ... There was a message from a girl and from what it said, I was pretty sure that she was his girlfriend at one point but the message was from nearly three months ago. I can be quite sure that they aren't together anymore - he hasn't mentioned anything at all about a girlfriend.

I placed the phone back to where it belonged and went back to briefly searching around all his little treasures. Something shined in the light and caught my eyes; some piece of jewelry. I gasped slightly and picked it up delicately.

It was a silver necklace with a matching silver ring dangling on it; engraved on the inside, in cursive letters were 'K.Hail & Z.Baker♥'. It was a special item that Zacky and I had bought for each other when we were still together - with the little money we saved up in high school. I still had mines with me this very moment tucked inside my shirt, and knowing that he still has his (in a seperate pocket for itself) brought tears to the back of my eyes.

But what brought a question to mind was, if he still has this, then how come he doesn't remember me at all; besides the point that he thinks he's seen me somewhere before? Was it the fact that I never told them my last name? Or maybe my appearance changed too dramatically? Or ... Really, I don't know.

My cell phone all of a sudden, went off and I jumped, slightly startled by the sudden disruption in the silence. It was the alarm timer, signalling that the guys should be done at right about now and that they'll come in at any minute.

frantically put the necklace back in the pocket where I found it and zipped it the backpack, making sure it looked exactly the way it did before I decided to rummage through it. I quickly got up and went over to the mirror to calm myself and steady down the shaking of my hands from rushing to move so fast. I re-took my former position and leaned against the counter, back to biting my bottle cap and pretending that I was staring off into space.

Just in time, I heard laughing and loud noises outside the door; soon, the door handle jingled as someone inserted their key card into the slot.