I Can't Forget What You've Forgotten

Seven

I got up from the table where I sat across from Zacky and made my way into the hotel room's kitchen. I climbed up onto the white tiled counter with a little help from Matt and called everyone to attention. I cleared my throat and held up the bottle of alcohol that was in my hand, the rest of the people doing the same.

"Alright you guys, I know I only manage Avenged Sevenfold but since you all decided to do this in our room, I only have a few rules." I smiled as a few people's faces dropped at the mention of rules. "Have fun, keep it down, and no breaking stuff."

"Why did you single me out?" I saw Cassie whine and stomp her foot.

I shrugged. "I didn't, you did." I grinned cheekily at her while a round of laughter came around.

"Now let's party!" Brian exclaimed and came over to help me down before everyone else went wild. "If you need me, I'll be... somewhere." He shrugged and walked off into the crowd.

I laughed and shook my head, heading back over to the table where Zacky sat waiting for me. I found it difficult to find the table, not a far distance away from the kitchen. I didn't even know this many people were able to fit into one hotel room.

"Sorry that took so long." I laughed out as I slid into a seat across from Zacky. "Anyways, where were we?" I questioned him as I rested my elbows on the tabletop.

He chuckled and shrugged. "I'm not really sure. Maybe something about Matt's stupid questions?"

I tilted my head slightly to the side. "We were? What stupid questions?"

He took a swig out of his bottle. "I heard Matt asked you if you were in a relationship for now reason." He chuckled - nervously.

"Oh, yeah." I shook my head with a slight smile on my face. "Seems like he was asking for someone - and I know he has a girlfriend." I winked at him jokingly and tried to suppress my giggles at the sight of his scarlet face.

I looked down at the bottle of my beverage and pretended to read the label, trying to play out the role that I never saw his expression. I heard him clear his throat.

"M-Maybe; but l-like I said, him and his stupid questions," he stuttered twice, letting out a nervous laugh. "S-So." he rested his cheek in the palm of his hand. "You're free huh?"

I nodded. "I'm not under anyone's control, if that's what you mean Mister Smooth."

He scoffed. "Not like you are too."

"I'm smoother than you." I stuck my tongue out at him and he returned the gesture. "How nice."

"You know I am."

"Of course you are."

"Are you open to just about anyone?"

"And why would you ask this?" I asked him curiously.

"Just wondering," he said as his eyes followed someone running by with another person chasing after them.

"Well-" I paused. "Not anyone." He shot me a look to continue and I shrugged. "You know, just... nice... guys." I hesitated and gave him an innocent smile. I quickly took the spotlight away from me. "What about you? Open to just about anyone?"

"And why would you think that I'm available?"

"Because I know you are," I answered him.

"And how do you know?"

"I just do." I scoffed and said quickly, "I'm a girl; I sense these things."

He shrugged. "I guess - especially for this one person."

"Oh really?" I raised an eyebrow at him and he nodded. "Well, let's get on a more personal level. I want a sober buddy tonight - at least until I get buzzed and don't really care anymore."

A brief silence fell over us - filled with making faces and thoughts. Zacky sat in silence with a pout among his face, watching as everyone else got intoxicated and had fun without him. I just sat, thinking of what to say.

I rested my legs opposite of me on the chair next to him and rolled my eyes. "You'll have plenty of time later to do what they're doing."

He scoffed. "But I want to do it while everyone else is doing it," he whined.

"You will be able to because you always do," I said, my voice slowly going into a high-pitch. "Can I not have a conversation with you?"

"We have to have a topic to talk about --"

"And we didn't before?" I intervened and he thought about it for a while.

"Good point." He hesitated for a moment. "Got any memorable boyfriends in the past?" he casually asked and I nodded.

"One," I simply said. "What about you?" He nodded as well, holding up a finger to signal one. "Ohh, wanna tell me about her?" I wriggled my eyebrows, making him chuckle.

"Sure; it'd be nice to talk about her again," he said and I nodded my head eagerly. "You seem eager."

"I'm a giddy little girl talking to her best girl friend."

"I am not a girl!" he gasped and I stuck my tongue out at him. "Fine. I won't tell you."

"No!" I exclaimed slash whined, then smiled. "Tell me about her. What's her name?"

"Kristy Hail."

Kristy faked a gasp and allowed her mouth to drop open as Zacky nodded his head. Kristy tried to play it out as though she was dealing with the situation through another person's view; seemingly interested in listening to someone gush on about their love life.

"I feel lucky." She laughed out sarcastically.

His eyebrows scrunched together but a tight-lipped smile appeared as well. "The funny thing is that, not only do you have the same name but you remind me so much of her," he said softly, staring into her eyes as she gave him a queer look and avoided his gaze.

She then smiled. "Really? That's kinda odd. How's that possible?" she questioned nicely and he shrugged, still trying to keep an eye contact with her.

"It's really hard for me to explain - you just do; and like I said. It's like I've known you from somewhere but it's just not clicking as from where," He tried to explain and she nodded, looking down at her hands which were grasping at the small bottle.

She questioned herself on her next movement before taking in a deep breath. She glanced back at him and spoke softly, "Do you miss her?"

The look in her eyes confused Zacky as he nodded. "Very much." He looked away and out into the sea of people. "I may have even loved her," he whispered.

Kristy felt tears slowly sting the back of her eyes upon hearing that. Maybe it was only meant for him to hear but either way, she had heard it and it brought a sort of pain to her - a longing feeling.

She opened her mouth to speak but the feeling of someone forcefully tugging at her arm, stopped her. She looked up to see Brian with an excited grin on his face, bouncing on the heels of his feet.

"Come join us," he slurred and she let out a choked-up laugh.

"You're drunk," she stated. "Can't you see I'm in the mi--"

"Come join ussss," he whined again, rudely interrupting her. His eagerness - as well as that of everyone else's behind him - made her reconsider.

"Fine." She sighed, and let out a squeak as she was dragged out of her seat.. "We'll continue this later," she was able to call out to Zacky before she disappeared into the crowd.

Her words made Zacky's head spin with thoughts - many thoughts that Zacky could have never thought of or piece together by himself, before. It made him wonder...

Did she know something that he doesn't? Why does she bring back memories of his past relationship? Why was she so fascinated with the subject? Why did he feel as though they had a special bond with each other, unlike the bond with the other members of Avenged Sevenfold?

Could she have been his beloved Kristy?