I Can't Forget What You've Forgotten

Eight

Kristy found herself waking up the next morning in the floor by a bed, due to the constant ringing of her cellular phone in her pocket. She silently groaned and quickly got up to not awake the others. She winced in pain as her brain pounded in her head from the night before.

She flipped open her phone to silence the ringing. "Hello?" she mumbled, not caring to look at the caller i.d. She made her way through the mess of the hotel room floor; everyone had left to their own room some time in the middle of the night so only Avenged Sevenfold was left - sprawled out all over the floor and the beds.

Opening the door, she walked out into the hallway where she won't be able to wake up the other sleeping, hungover guys. She could already hear chatting and laughter coming from the other rooms of the other people on tour.

"I am disappointed to say this Krystal," the voice on the other line spoke, making Kristy's beating heart rate speed up.

"W-What's wrong?" she asked hesitantly, slowly leaning against a wall opposite of her room.

"I got a call from the hotel and they said that they were getting complaints left and right about a certain room. They looked into it and the room came up under your name Krystal. They're ready to kick you guys out," Kristy's boss explained to her sternly as she glared down at the carpet.

"I'm sorry. I told them not --" she began to apologize and explain herself but he didn't give her a chance.

"That's the sixth time this month. We can't let this continue on."

"What is this supposed to mean?" she questioned strongly, trying not to let her voice quiver. She heard him sigh on the other line.

"I'm firing you." She felt the tears spring to the back of her eyes once again. She opened her mouth but closed it once he started speaking again. "I've sent over a replacement - someone who can lay firmer rules; they're on their way. I want you to pack and leave the moment they get there."

She nodded to herself, taking all the blame. "Yes sir," she quietly answered. "But can my friend please stay on the tour? She hasn't done anything wrong."

He sighed again. "Fine. As long as there's no more trouble; goodbye." The other end went silent and she sighed to herself once again as she closed her phone shut.

Kristy gathered up enough strength to push herself off of the wall and walk across the hall to where her room was. Inserting her room's keycard, she slowly turned the door knob and walked in, immediately going over to the couch. She sat down and leaned back, folding her hands together on her lap.

Her belongings were already sitting in a corner, ready and waiting for her to take them away. There was nothing left for her to do but sit and wait for her replacement.

Slightly startled out of her thoughts, she felt an arm snake around her shoulder tenderly. The arm pulled her closer to a body and a head nuzzled on top of her own. She glanced up and saw Zacky, his eyes filled with sadness. She sighed once again and leaned into him more, taking in his scent.

Zacky shifted his position slightly and laid his forehead against the side of her head, speaking gently into her ear. "What are you gonna do now?"

She knew that he had heard her, so she shrugged. "I guess there's nothing left to do but to go search for a new job," her voice died down into a whisper.

"I don't want you to go," he whispered, so that the others won't wake up and hear. His gaze dropped down to his lap but a certain shine caught his attention and brought it up to her chest area.

Dangling from her neck, outside of her jacket, was a familiar silver ring on a silver necklace. Zacky hesitated on whether to get up and go over to check his backpack or not; not knowing whether it was his or her very own.

Zacky lifted his head and sat up a bit straighter, causing his arm to slightly slide off of her shoulder. "What's that?" he questioned.

She looked up at him and followed his gaze down to the object around her neck. She quickly clutched the ring into the palm of her hand in attempt to shield it from him. "I-It's nothing," she lied and felt his arm drop completely off her shoulder.

"That look exactly like mine. It was in my backpack..." He trailed off as he saw her shake her head.

"Don't accuse me of stealing." She laughed lowly. "It's mine."

Memories from the previous night flowed back into Zacky's head. He extended his hand out in front of him to her. "May I see it?"

She clutched onto the dangling ring tighter. "Why do you need to?" she asked softly, beginning to lean away from him unnoticeably. There came a knock on the door and she stood up quickly, starting her way over to the corner where her suitcase and duffle bag was "That's my cue."

He jumped up, out of his seat and quickly grabbed a hold of her waist, ignoring the painful headache throbbing inside his head. "Why are you doing this, Kristy?"

"I have to; orders are orders," she simply said and tried to free herself out of his grasp.

"No; why are you running away? Why didn't you just tell me before - give us a second chance?" His hands forcefully turned her around to face him. "I've waited forever just to see you again - and I know you've felt the same, but why did you have to hide it?"

Kristy felt the tears finally slide down one side of her cheeks as she tried not to have an outburst. "Zack, we've been on this whole tour together - I've been right in front of you this whole time and you didn't even figure out that it was me until now. It's like you've been looking right through me as another person-" She paused and stared at him for a while as he remained silent. "You said that you'd never forget me; well, here I am and you hardly even recognize me."

Finally able to find his voice, he spoke up. "But now that we're here, can't you give me another chance?"

"What do you not understand about this?" She sighed. "I'm taking the blame for you guys and I've been fired. You'll be across the country, going to all sorts of places; the long distance won't work. And besides," she said tearfully. "How do I know that the same thing won't happen again?"

"That was a one time thing only and I'm sorry." He held onto both of her shoulders. "I love you Krystal and I've waited all this time for you. I haven't had many serious relationships in the past because I knew that you would come back. I've waited for this chance every moment in my life and it's finally here; I'm not going to let you go. Please, we can make this work," he pleaded.

Kristy's eyes shot towards the beds, seeing Johnny's eyes slightly open, looking straight at them and listening. She shook her head. "No. No it will not," she said to herself and got away from him, going over to pick up her bags. She briskly walked past him and towards the door.

"Kristy --"

"Zack, just leave me alone," she shouted, not caring if anyone else had heard her. Zacky looked taken back as she turned her back once again and opened the door. She allowed the new tour manager to come in and handed over the room key.

She only looked back at him one single time, muttering, "Good luck with the rest of the tour," and walked out.