Status: One shot.

What 3 Letters Can Do

3 Letters.

It was the perfect evening for a late night stroll through the park. Seventeen-year-old Hannah and sixteen-year-old Renee had skipped the movies and head out into the park. They were holding hands, and walking very close; Their shoulders brushing and hips touching gently.

The warm summer evening had a sky full of stars that shone down on them, lightening their way as they slowly walked across the stone sidewalk.

Once they reached a gazebo, Hannah helped Renee up the two steps and onto the white bench. Renee sat down after Hannah, at draped her legs across Hannah's lap, and rested her head against Hannah's shoulder.

"I love you, Renee." Hannah said quietly, staring up at the stars.

"I love you, too, babe." Renee whispered back, kissing Hannah gently on the cheek.

Hannah smiled, and continued gazing up into the sky.

Minutes passed slowly, the two girls unaware of their existence.

"Hannah?" Renee whispered, sadness suddenly filling her heart.

"Yes?" Hannah answered, looking away from the sky and into Renee's watery eyes.

"What am I going to do?" She choked out, a tear coating her left cheek with despair.

"Oh, don't cry, love." Hannah cooed, wiping Renee's cheek dry. "My mom said you could stay with us until I could get things set up so we can move into the Les-bi-gay shelter." He answered.

"Okay..." Renee said, still upset.

Renee had come out to her mom earlier that day when Hannah came to pick her up for the movies. Her mother had given her twenty minutes to pack, before she kicked Renee out of the house.

Renee had known that was going to happen, but it still hurt.

Suddenly, a crack echoed through the air, and the gazebo jerked.

Hannah screamed out, and threw her head back.

A silver bullet had embedded itself in the wood between the two girl's heads. Renee took a shaky breath, and yanked it out of the wood. It was still hot, as she let it roll into her palm. She stiffened as she saw "F A G" etched into it.

Hannah saw three words, and they both looked over to the treeline.

Renee's mother stood there against the black, holding a hand gun, still pointed towards the two girls.

They grew still and silent, as Hannah tightened her grip on Renee's hand.

Seconds crawled by, as their eyes burned into Renee's mom's figure. She stood there for what seemed like hours.

Crickets kept chirping, and soon they were met with sirens heading towards the park.

Hannah and Renee watched her slip into the woods.

Still terrified, Renee put her subbing head onto Hannah's shoulder, and let the bullet drop to the floor.
♠ ♠ ♠
PLEASE COMMENT!!!!!!! It will only take a minute..