Sequel: I'm A Mess
Status: up and running(:

Manage Me

Jack

My bed was empty when I finally woke up around noon the next day. For a moment it seemed as if last night had just been a dream, but I was naked and I could feel some bruising on my neck where her cherry lips had left their mark. I was kind of disappointed that the girl had already left. Normally they hung around until I was practically dragging them out. Not that I wanted to have awkward small talk with her, but considering how mind-blowing that sex had been I definitely wanted to do it again. I hadn’t even thought about Holly the entire time. That hadn’t happened. Ever.

I pulled myself out of bed, glancing around my room. That’s when I noticed the scrap of cloth carelessly lying in the corner of my room. I grinned. It was her thong. There was a pair of what looked like house keys not too far away from it as well. I turned the plastic holder attached to them over in my hand. It was sunshine yellow and had some writing on it. One side said KF and the other 304. Again, disappointment washed through me. These keys didn’t help me narrow down who she was and I cursed myself for not asking what her name was. My phone buzzed from somewhere on the floor. I found the pair of jeans I had been wearing last night and dug the device out of its pocket. There were three texts.

From: Z-man
Dude, where the fuck are you?

From: Z-man
I’m leaving, bro. I’m guessing you already went home. Wrap it before you tap it.


I laughed as I read the second text. Both of those had been from last night and I remembered I had told him I would text him when I left, but when I walked out, I had been far too distracted by the blonde at my side to even think of Zack. The last one was from this morning.

From: Ri
Practice at 2, we gotta start to get shit organized for the album release and next tour.


I groaned. As much as I wanted to get to work done on the album, I was hungover and now obsessed with the girl from last night. It was weird. Normally, I didn’t give a shit about whoever I had slept with the night before, but she was different. She hadn’t asked for my name nor given me hers. And if she had recognized me she didn’t show it. The fact that she had left before I had woken up had peaked my interest as well, not caring enough to stick around and try to act like the sex had meant more than it had.

I glanced at the time on my phone and realized it was already 1:00. I faintly recalled the maid saying she was going to come at 1:30 and since I had to be at practice by 2:00 anyway, it was probably time to get ready. I tossed the underwear and keys on my bed and disappeared into the bathroom.

20 minutes later I was clean and dressed in something that didn’t absolutely reek of sweat. Maybe the maid would do laundry today since there was no way I’d ever do it. If she didn’t I’d probably have to take it to my mom’s, which wasn’t a very appealing thought. A moment later I heard faint knocking on the door and walked down the stairs. I heard yelling outside and quirked and eyebrow. I knew it had to be the maid seeing as it was exactly 1:30 and she had an amazing sense of timing, but I had hardly ever heard her talk and now she was yelling?

“NICE ASS!” A voice called out. I opened the door silently and caught sight of the maid right outside of it.

Her back was turned and my eyes immediately zeroed in on her ass, which was only covered by shorts today. I definitely had to agree with what had been yelled at her. I had never seen her in anything other than leggings and she had some damn fine legs. She hadn’t noticed me, instead addressing someone in a car outside of the house. Something about the driver looked oddly familiar but I couldn’t quite place it.

“FUCK OFF!” She responded vehemently.

The driver laughed and I found myself trying not to chuckle as well. Hearing curse words come out of that tiny girl’s mouth was pretty funny.

She’s so cute when she swears. I thought absentmindedly.

I immediately started. Where the hell had that thought come from? She was a maid, my maid. Yeah I knew she was hot, but I hadn’t thought of any girl of being cute since Holly. I caught the driver calling out I love you and the girl in front of me responded with the same sentiment. It was only then that she turned around and saw me. Her cheeks turned a light shade of pink and I caught myself wanting to smile in response. This was just too fucking weird.

“Hello, Mr. Barakat.” A smile graced her lips.

I found myself studying her face. Something about it looked different today. I couldn’t identify what it was because she looked pretty much exactly the same as she had yesterday, but today I was actually taking notice of it.

“Hey, Katie, right?”

She nodded and I looked into her eyes. I had never noticed just how blue they were before. It was startling really. Light make-up accented them, and I found myself wondering what she had been doing before she came over. She had never been wearing make-up before. I had to get out of there. She was just a maid, nothing more. She wouldn’t even be here after Saturday. I didn’t know why I was thinking about it so much. I was thankful now for the practice I had to be at soon.

“I’m gonna head out for a bit…I’ll see you later.” I mumbled.

I rushed past her as quickly as I could without being rude. She closed the door behind me and I pulled out of the driveway. I made it to Rian and Alex’s house in record time seeing as I had been speeding nearly the entire way. They both looked a little shocked to see me. Practice wasn’t even supposed to start for 15 more minutes and normally I was late.

“Jack?” Alex questioned as I flopped onto his couch with a groan.

Zack walked in at that moment, his eyes widening in shock when he saw me lying on the couch. A sly grin etched itself onto his face and I groaned again. He laughed. Alex and Rian shot him a confused look.

“I take it you didn’t get laid last night?” I glared at him.

“As a matter of fact, I did.”

All three of my band mates looked at me as if I had just told them I was never going to drink again. I buried my head in my hands.

“What’s the problem then?”Alex questioned as he sat down next to me.

“She left before I woke up.”

“Well that’s new.”

“I don’t even know what her name is.”

“Okay, wait. Why is this a bad thing? Isn’t this like the perfect situation for you?” Rian sat on my other side.

“Normally, yeah. But she was so fucking hot, bro. I even forgot about Holly.” I sighed. “Look, let’s just get to work, yeah?”

They nodded in agreement and we spent the next few hours talking about the album. It was supposed to drop in March, right before we left for tour, but had ended up being pushed back until June, which was next month. I hadn’t cared at the time seeing as Holly had broken up with me and I didn’t need the added stress, but now I was getting excited. It was like the old Jack was starting to reemerge bit by bit. Huh. Maybe Alex had been right to hire a maid.

“Dude, I’m fucking starving!” Alex cried out three hours later.

We all agreed and tried to figure out what to do. None of us ever really had food in our house so it seemed like the best idea would be to order out. Zack, however, had decided that he’d had enough of Rian and Alex’s house.

“I think we should go to Jack’s.” Rian and Alex wrinkled their noses in disgust.

“Fuck you!” I cried jokingly, although I was a little bit hurt. “My house isn’t that bad.”

“Actually, he’s right. Nice job on the maid, Alex.” Zack chimed in. Alex grinned smugly. “She’s hot too.”

I felt a sense of protectiveness rise inside of me. Katie was, after all, my maid. It didn’t matter that Alex had been the one to hire her, she cleaned my house. I didn’t want Zack hitting on her. Before I could object though, Alex and Rian had hoped on board Zack’s plan. They didn’t seem to believe my house could actually be cleaned and wanted proof before they would believe. I knew Alex wanted to get a look at the girl as well.

“Fine.” I grumbled before walking out of the house, my best friends trailing behind me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, so this is really shitty, I know. But I haven't gotten any comments recently and it's kind of discouraging. I normally don't do this, but could I maybe get a comment or two before I update again? There are 23 of you out there and I'd love to know what you think. Pretty please?