Sequel: I'm A Mess
Status: up and running(:

Manage Me

Jack

I stood in my room smiling to myself as I sorted through the laundry Katie had just given me. Something about her had just gotten me smiling today. Maybe it was my thoughts from last night that had yet to leave my head, but I wanted to get to know this girl. Something in my subconscious was telling me I wouldn't’t regret it. I left my room to find that Katie was no longer in the hallway. I frowned. A noise came from downstairs and I quickly descended the steps.

Katie had her back turned to me and was down on her hands and knees. Her body moved back in forth in a jerking motion and it was pretty hot. I watched her for a few moments, taking in the view of her ass and legs, before clearing my throat to make my presence known. She jumped and turned, still on her knees.

“Oh.” She breathed, her blue eyes widening. “I thought you were still upstairs.”

“Nope.” I smiled. She looked at me uneasily. “I have an idea.”

“Okay…”

“We should play 20 questions!”

Katie looked at me as if I was crazy as I plopped onto the couch. I chuckled to myself. I actually wasn't quite sure where that had come from, but it would help me learn more about her.

“I don’t know, Mr. Barakat. I need to finish scrubbing the carpet before I can vacuum it again.”

I felt bad all of the sudden. I had made such a massive mess of my house, and now this girl was charged with cleaning all of it. I didn't even want to think about the things I had done to cause stains on the carpet. I remembered her cleaning the bathroom two days ago and felt even more guilt. The amount of times I had puked in that bathroom and just barely cleaned it…I shuddered to think about it.

“Y’know, slacking off can be healthy sometimes. Besides, I hear your boss is an asshole anyway. Screw him.” I smiled.

She giggled and my smile grew. She had the cutest fucking giggle I had ever heard. It fit her so perfectly.

“Okay.” She finally said, still smiling. “But only if you don’t distract me too much.” There was a teasing tone to her voice and I liked it.

“Well then, question one: How old are you?”

“Twenty.” She answered without even looking up.

“Seriously?” She shot me a playful glare before turning back to the carpet.

“Yes, and that counts as your second question.”

“No way!” I pouted.

“If you keep complaining I’m not going to play anymore.”

“Fine.” I huffed. “Okay, next question: Why are you working as a maid?”

She glanced up, as if to ask if I was serious. I shrugged and she turned her attention away from me. I was kind of getting sick of that.

“Because it pays the bills and I’m good at it.”

I knew that wasn't the whole truth, but I wasn't going to push it.

“Who was in that car yesterday?” A smile broke out on her face.

“Lily. She’s my best friend.”

“What’s she like?” I asked. The way her face had lit up made me want to know more about this Lily girl. She was obviously a part of Katie’s life, and a big one at that.

“She’s...crazy. And she’s honest, but never in a mean way. She takes care of me and has been there for me when no one else was. She’s really smart and won’t hesitate to kick your ass if you talk shit about the people she loves. She’s my other half really. I’d be a mess without her. She’s one of the only two people that I can honestly say I love.”

I stared at her. She had gone off in her own little world for a while. I found a part of myself wanting to have that affect on her. I wanted her face to light up like that at the mention of my name. I wanted her eyes to take on that reminiscent glow when she talked about me. I shook the feeling away. That wasn't going to happen. I didn't’t even know why I was thinking about it.

“Who’s the other person?”

“What?” She snapped out of whatever daze she had been in gazing at me with an intense expression.

“You said she’s one of the only two people that you love. Who’s the other person?”

Her expression hardened, her eyes becoming icy. She turned away from me completely and began scrubbing even more viciously than before.

“I think that’s enough questions, Mr. Barakat. I have to get back to work.”

I watched her in silence. What about my question had set her off? I had thought it was harmless enough, but apparently not. I waited three minutes, but when she still didn't’t say anything I sighed and got up off of the couch. I mumbled something about leaving and then made a hasty exit. As I walked, I couldn't’t get my mind off of Katie. I tugged on my hair in frustration. This girl was driving me absolutely crazy and I had no idea why. Yet, I couldn't bring myself to feel anything but happy about it. I groaned. What the fuck was I going to do?
♠ ♠ ♠
Two chapters in one because I'm awesome like that(: Also because my dad is gone on a business trip and I've entered nesting mode. This is pretty much what I look like right now:
Image
Not a pretty sight, you guys.

Thank you to my lovely commenters!:
heyJAYhey
NerdGlasses
Danelradcliffe1fan
and
new_yorkxo (happy to be of service! haha)

Also,
39subscribers?! You are all fantastic little moonbeams. I love you(: