Sequel: I'm A Mess
Status: up and running(:

Manage Me

Jack

I couldn’t even identify the emotions exploding inside of my head as I watched Katie escape out the back door. Alex eyes followed her, raking over her body. My blood boiled. Seeing Alex flirting with Katie, my Katie, and watching her laugh and blush because of it had sent anger and jealousy surging through my veins. Alex always got the girl. Always. It wasn’t fair for him to try and take away the first girl I had really liked since Holly. And I wasn’t going to let it happen.

“Alex, what the hell?” I snapped. He regarded me with a confused expression.

“Woah, Jack, what’s wrong?”

“What the fuck was that?”

“What are you talking about?”

“I’m talking about you flirting with Katie! She’s not someone you can just fuck around with, Alex!” I yelled, my fists clenching.

“Dude, chill. Why do you even care? She’s just your maid. And she won’t even be that after today.”

“I care because she’s more than just a maid! She’s a human being and she doesn’t need you trying to sleep with her just so that you can ditch her when you’re done. That’s not the way you treat a girl.”

“Yeah, cause you’re Prince Charming at his finest.” He scoffed.

“You’re one to judge!”

“God, Jack, why are you being such a hypocrite? You treat girls the exact same way! You fucked that girl two nights ago and didn’t even bother learning her name. You left her before she was even dressed. And what about that girl from the club, huh? Is that why you’re acting like even more of an asshole all of the sudden? Someone gave you a dose of your own medicine and you couldn’t take it?”

“Fuck off, Alex, you have no idea what you’re talking about.” I growled.

“Whatever. I’m leaving. Gimme a call when you’re done being a whiney little bitch.” He stalked away.

I stood there for a moment, fuming. I noticed Alex had left out the back door and was talking to Katie again. My anger flared even more. He sent her his signature Alex Gaskarth smirk and slipped a piece of paper into her hand. She smiled at him and he walked off around the house, heading towards the front.

My heart felt heavy in my chest as I watched her look at the paper again, smiling softly, before tucking it into her apron pocket. She glanced up and her eyes locked onto mine. Her smile dropped and she turned away quickly, rushing into the pool house.

I sank into the chair that had recently been vacated by Alex and rested my head on the counter top. I had absolutely no idea what I was supposed to do. I felt like Katie was almost avoiding me, the way she had run away every time she saw me. What had I done wrong?

Other than not even realizing you had slept with her?

I sighed. That was bad. I couldn’t even really imagine what I would have done in her position. I hated myself for doing that to her. It shouldn’t have happened like that. My phone vibrated in my pocket and I answered it with a groan.

“Hello?”

“JACK!” Cassadee’s voice screeched through the phone. I shot straight up, nearly toppling off of the chair.

“Jesus Christ, Cass! Yell a little louder, would you? I don’t think the people in Africa heard you.” I grumbled.

“Shut-up, Jack. This is serious.” I rolled my eyes.

“Yeah, okay, what’s up?”

“Alex just got home and won’t stop talking about your maid.” I growled. “Oh, so you do care about her. Because I didn’t think it would really bother you considering you fucked some bimbo the other night.”

“Fuck off, Cassadee.”

“Only if you pull your head out of your ass and start acting like a grown-up. Seriously, Jack! It’s obvious that you like her, it was written all over your face when Ri and I were talking to you.” Her voice suddenly became softer. “Don’t push her away just because of what Holly did. You can’t spend the rest of your life hooking up with groupies in empty bedrooms, Jackie.”

“I know.” I sighed. “Look, I like her, I really do. But something happened and now she’s avoiding me.”

“Whatever happened can’t be that bad.”

“I slept with her.”

“WHAT THE FUCK?! When?!” I cringed.

“Remember how Rian mentioned the girl that had left before I woke up? The one that I didn’t know?”

“Shut the fuck up. That was Katie?”

“Yeah.” I dropped my head back to the counter.

“Well have you talked to her about it?”

“Not yet. I just realized it yesterday and then I kinda freaked out and left the house.”

“JACK!”

“Fucking hell, Cass, stop yelling at me! I was going to talk to her, but she had already left when I got back. And then when I woke up she was in the kitchen with Alex.” I seethed. “She left as soon as I walked in the room and then I got in a fight with Alex. He gave her his number when he left.” My fists were clenching in anger again.

“Three words, Barakat: Be a man. And I’m not talking Mulan here. If you like her, which you do, duh, then fight for her! Alex is already going on about taking her out within the next few days, so you need to make your move unless you want to lose her.”

“She looked so happy though.” I said sadly. “What if she likes him more?”

“You’re the one she had sex with, not him. And if you like her enough to be acting like this than I know she’s a decent human being and probably doesn’t go around screwing random guys. She has to feel something for you. Unless she’s another Holly, in which case I’m going to kick your ass.”

“No really, don’t worry about insulting me.” I grumbled.

“You know what I mean. Now stop moping and go get your girl!”

She ended the conversation and I ran a hand through my hair. I glanced out the window. I could just make out Katie’s figure inside of the pool house. She had pulled up the blinds up and was wiping down the windows. Her headphones were in her ears again and I watched her mouth the words. Her hips moved back and forth, a smile etched on her face. And just like that, my bad mood was gone. My lips pulled into a grin and I moved off of the stool. I walked out the back door, making my way towards her. I decided at that moment that I would do whatever it took to make Katie mine.

Alex better watch his back.
♠ ♠ ♠
I was not planning on this whole AlexvsJack feud over Katie. Oh well. My characters will do what they want and I can't stop them. But oh my gosh, hiiiiiiiiiiiiiii new subs!! 76! That's how many of you there are. I seriously cannot even believe this story has become so popular. You are the reason that I write. Thank you all so, so much.(:

Special thanks to my wonderfully, wonderful commenters!:
NerdGlasses (don't even worry haha this story is far from over.)
Cellophane Soldier
Kinkeh Dinosaurs
(I can't wait till you see who Matt ends up with ;) ALSO, HUNGER GAMES = AKSLDJGEARIPUDVHAEIUGBV SO MUCH LOVE.)
newyork_xo and
Baby.Blue.Eyes (haha yeah, I would actually be down with some warm weather right now. we have about 2 feet of snow and I actually almost got hit by a car that spun out last night and then got snowed into my best friends house hah)
I love you like Helga loves Arnold.(: