Sequel: I'm A Mess
Status: up and running(:

Manage Me

Jack

I watched Katie drive away with a smile on my face, but inside I was freaking out. Something was off, I knew it. Something had made Katie extremely upset and worried and it kind of scared me. I worried obsessively over what it could be. Did it have something to do with her ex? Something to do with last night? With me?

I groaned, running a hand through my hair once her car disappeared from sight. There was nothing I could do about any of my worries right now. Katie would tell me what it was when she got home. At least I hoped that she would. That’s what girlfriends were supposed to do, after all. They were supposed to tell their boyfriends when they were sad or mad or something was hurting them. But then again, did Katie even consider herself my girlfriend?

Stop being such a pussy!

I slapped my face. I was getting way too worked up about something that was probably nothing. Yes, something was bothering Katie. And yes, she had run out of here pretty quickly. But it could be any number of things, all of which were currently out of my control.

I slumped my way back inside. To be honest, I was still tired. It was just barely 9:30 in the morning, which was way to fucking early to be up by my standards. I made my way upstairs and into my bed, but when I laid down, it didn’t feel right. The sheets were clean and crisp, just the way Katie had made them yesterday, but I couldn’t get comfortable. Grumbling, I pulled myself into a sitting position. It wasn’t until I caught sight of some bobby pins – Katie seriously left them everywhere – lying on my dresser that I realized what it was. Katie wasn’t here.

So I left my bedroom and went back to the pool house. It was flooded with sunshine, but it didn’t bother me. As soon as my head hit the pillow and Katie’s scent invaded my nose, I was out.
♠ ♠ ♠
Literally the shortest chapter ever, I know. Honestly, I'm not sure why this had to be in here, but Jack was bitching about needing a chapter so here it is. Pinky swear I'll update tomorrow ASAP and it will make up for this bullshit. (in case you haven't caught on, I'm really upset with Jack. seriously, this should have been another Katie chapter. this A/N is longer than the actual chapter. ugh.)

Also, I'm leaving again tomorrow...I'm really sorry I didn't tell you earlier, but please believe me when I say it actually came as a surprise to me as well. I was so busy with all of the Snowball stuff that I completely forgot I would be gone for the next week. Don't worry though! I'm just going to visit my sister in New York and she'll have internet so I'll make sure to do some prewriting on the plane/in the airport and I can still post while I'm there.

Thank you to all of my fanfuckingtastic commenters!:
MysticalZebra
Cellophane Soldier
newyork_xo
(haha I know, I'm sorry! it really was going to be a lot juicier but then Jack stepped in and was like "no bitch, it's my turn for a chapter!" and I couldn't deny him even though I really hate this chapter.) and
nathaliie
I love you guys like I love Tokka. (which is really intense. I actually cry when I talk about them. so I hope you seriously feel the love.)

Speaking of Avatar...all of you wonderful people who love that show like I love it should click here and follow my best friend's fan blog.(:
(that's me in the super long video btw. I'm the blonde.)


I LOVE YOU ALL.