Sequel: I'm A Mess
Status: up and running(:

Manage Me

Katie

“That boy is very fond of you, you know.” My mother stated as I closed the door to the pool house behind us. I glanced out the window and caught sight of Jack sitting down in the grass next to Kade, beaming as Kade started rolling the truck over Jack’s long legs, giggling. “You seem to be very fond of him as well.”

“I am.” I told her happily, not bothering to turn away from the sight in front of me.

“You’re sleeping with him.” It wasn’t even close to being a question, her tone so firm and sure it practically left no room for debate.

What?!” I screeched, spinning around to face her so fast I got whiplash. She just stared me down with a disgusted glare. “Are you fucking serious right now?! Yes, Mom, I like him. And yes, he likes me to. And yes, we’re going to give this, whatever it is, a try, but we’ve been on one date. One. And all we did was kiss. How could you possibly think so lowly of me?” My voice nearly cracked towards the end. This was my mother after all. She wasn’t supposed to be the one making me feel like shit for wanting to be happy with a guy.

“Well we all know what happened the last time you got seriously involved with a boy.”

“Jack is not like Matt.” I snarled, my fists clenching in anger.

“I don’t think this will be a healthy environment for Kade. And I cannot believe you would even consider being in a relationship with the man you’re working for. I did not raise you to be a prostitute.” I swear to God, I almost punched her. However, I chose to just take a very deep breath and hold my ground instead.

“Yes, I’m still working as his maid, but I plan on getting a new job soon. And Jack wants Kade here just as badly as I do. Just because we’re going to see what happens between the two of us doesn’t mean I’m going to neglect Kade.” I turned away from her to watch Jack and Kade again. They were both laughing, Jack chasing Kade around with a huge grin on his face. Seeing them both so happy made me realize how perfect everything felt. This was how it was supposed to be and I wasn’t going to let my mother take that away from any of us. “And to be completely honest, Mom, I don’t give a flying fuck what you want anymore. Kade is happy here and I’m happy here and you can either accept the fact that Kade will be living here with me and Jack or you can leave and never speak to any of us again.”

I walked out the door towards my boys without another word or even a glance back at her. Jack stopped running when he saw me. I walked to him, my arms wrapping around his thin waist as he held me at his side. Kade’s eyes lit up when I appeared and he jumped into my arms. Jack place a kiss on the top of my head and removed himself so that I could strengthen my hold on Kade. I began to rock him slightly. There was still a smile on his lips, his face lit up with excitement, but I could see the tiredness lurking in the back of them. He leaned his head on my shoulder.

“I like JackJack, My. He’s funny.” He whispered sleepily. I let out a soft chuckle.

“I’m glad, bug. How would you feel about coming here to live with JackJack and I?” Kade lifted his head to stare in my eyes.

“Really?!” His eyes shone with joy and an almost desperate longing. I nodded, beaming.

“Ma, did you hear that!” Kade screamed. Jack and I both spun around to see my mom slowly making her way towards, her lips set in a thin line. Kade squirmed from my grasp and scampered over to her, bouncing up and down excitedly. “My said I get to live here with her and JackJack!”

“Did she now?” My mom’s expression didn’t change at all. I simply nodded at her, gluing myself to Jack’s side again.

“Yeah! Can I, Ma? Please, please, please?”

The air grew perceptively thicker as the staring contest between my mom and I continued. Kade was still pleading, grasping onto her hand in an attempt to gain her attention. I felt Jack give my side a gentle squeeze, letting me know he was here for me. Finally, my mom broke our eye contact to look down at my son.

“It’s time to go home now, Kade.”

I sucked in a deep breath, refusing the tears that gathered in my eyes. Kade began crying as my mom took his hand. She looked back up at me for a second and then lifted Kade onto her hip, placing her hand on the side of his face to make him quiet down and focus on her. Tears still dripped down his cheeks and my heart ached.

“Just for tonight, Kangaroo. We have to pack up all of your toys and clothes so that you can come live with My.”

Kade’s tears stopped instantly. I felt like I was going to faint. Had I really just heard that? Did my mom really just say that I was finally going to get my little boy back? I could hardly breathe.

“Tell My goodnight and that you’ll see her tomorrow.” She placed Kade back on the ground and he raced to me. I bent down shakily to gather him in my arms.

“Goodnight, My!” He cried cheerily. “I love you.”

“I love you too my sweet boy.” I whispered fiercely, kissing the top of his head and his cheeks before letting go.

He skipped back to my mom’s side and began pulling her towards the house, Jack and I close behind. He seemed to be in a rush to get back home now. No doubt he realized the sooner he went to bed the sooner he would wake up and be able to come back over here for good. Jack and I went with them as far as the front door. He stayed a few steps back as I moved to stand in the open entryway and watch them leave. My mom didn’t offer any sort of goodbye as she loaded him into her car and took off, Kade waving goodbye from the backseat.

Once they were nothing but a distant dot on the horizon I turned to face Jack. I finally allowed the tears that had been building to fall though there was a smile on my face. Jack pulled me into his arms and I took a deep breath of his scent, nuzzling into his chest.

“This is really happening right?” I whispered. “I’m really getting him back?”

“Yes, Katie, this is really happening.” I could hear the grin in his voice and that only made me cry harder.

“I’m sorry, I’m just so happy.” I blubbered. Jack pulled away to look at me before placing a light kiss on my lips.

“I told you it would all work out.” His smile was lopsided and I laughed before nodding.

The tears had stopped and we were just staring at each other now. Slowly, his expression changed. His eyes darkened just the smallest amount, but it was enough to make my heart rate speed up. I bit my lip and not even two seconds later his lips were back on mine. This kiss wasn’t soft or sweet though. It was intense, full of fire and passion. I kissed him back just as hard, loving absolutely everything about the way his lips felt against mine. His hands wandered from where they had been resting on my face to my lower back. I clawed my fingers down his chest, slipping them just under the hem of his shirt to rest against his skin there. He growled lowly and pressed my body flush against his.

A sudden need ignited in my stomach and I ripped his shirt off. That was all it took for Jack’s hands to find their way to my ass and lift me off of the ground. My legs locked around him, my lips moving to attack his neck. He moaned loudly when I found his pressure point and I smirked. He pulled my lips back to his but I knew I wanted more. With an extreme amount of difficulty, I detached myself and unwound my legs, dropping down to my feet. He frowned, but I threaded my fingers through his belt loops and yanked him close again.

“Bedroom.” I stood on my toes to place my lips right next to his ear. He shivered. “Now.” I nipped his earlobe and quickly moved away.

He snapped out of his little daze, his dark eyes locking onto mine. I bit my lip innocently and began making my way to the stairs, pulling my shirt off along the way. I dropped it at the bottom of the staircase and waited for a moment. He let out another growl and started towards me. I giggled and began running up the stairs. I could hear his footsteps behind me, but I didn’t stop until I reached his room. I spun, standing in front of his bed. He was in front of me in mere seconds, his arms snaking around my bare waist.

“Gotcha.” He whispered huskily in my ear, his hot breath sending ripples of pleasure along my skin.

His lips moved down my neck, biting and sucking at any flesh they could. I ran my fingers through his hair, moaning. He gently pushed me back on the bed. I stared up at him with lust filled eyes. He seemed to fully understand the situation then and his eyes became cautious.

“Are you sure about this?” He questioned quietly. I slowly nodded my head. He didn’t move, still seeming somewhat conflicted. I sat up a little, connecting my gaze with his.

“Please, Jack. I need you.”

Any sort of emotion not directly related to pure want seemed to vanish at my words and he lowered his lips to mine once more. I pulled him on top of me and let myself get lost in his touch, truly happy for the first time in years.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ahem. I got into a fight with my crazy bitch mom right before I wrote this chapter which is why Katie's mom is so horrible in it. I apologize. I'm not even sure if I like the way it turned out or not but I couldn't make anything else work. I always planned on Katie getting Kade back but Katie's relationship with her mom was never going to change or improve. Sometimes that's just how it goes. Also, I've been having a really rough few weeks and I know that's coming across in my writing and I'm really sorry. There are just a lot of things going on right now.

Thank you to all of my wonderful commenters!:
newyork_xo
undecided.
GaskarthInMyPants
Gab?
BlackVeilBridesGirl
AllTheMaineParades
nathaliie
Perfect Porcelain
sexinstere0
scream me a symphony
emilynsnatl
MusicKillsThePain
and
helloimalex
I love you all so much. Thank you for sticking through everything with me. I promise updates should get back to normal soon and hopefully get better as well.

P.S. Sorry about the shitty sex scene...