Sequel: I'm A Mess
Status: up and running(:

Manage Me

Jack

“Myyyyyyyyy!” The sound of Kade’s voice drifting out of the house brought a smile to my face as I walked up the steps to the door.

I’d been at Alex and Rian’s for some band meeting that I’m sure was important but held no interest for me. My mind had been back here at the house the entire time, thinking about Katie and Kade and what they were doing.

Kade had officially been living with Katie in the pool house for a week now. I was still getting used to seeing him running around everywhere, but I actually really liked it. I had always liked little kids and Katie was practically glowing with happiness. I knew I was falling in love with her too. I could feel it every time I looked at her. The guys hadn’t met Kade yet. I knew Katie wasn’t ready for that. I had no doubt that they would love him, but I wasn’t going to force her into anything. I was content to just have the both of them to myself for the moment. Everything felt right for the first time in a long time.

When I opened the door Katie’s back was turned to me. I took in her bare legs and oversized shirt that for some odd reason I found myself hoping was mine. Her hair was tied in one of her usual high buns, but Kade’s was wet and when I realized he was also shirtless I assumed they had been out by the pool. Her hips were swaying slightly, her head bowed as she whispered softly into Kade’s ear. My eyes traveled to the small scrape on his knee, no doubt the cause of his distress. He glanced over her shoulder and saw me in the doorway. A grin broke out on his face and he started squirming in Katie’s arms.

“JackJack! My, JackJack is home!” Katie turned, and I lit up the moment our eyes connected, my heart swelling when I noticed that she was in fact wearing one of my shirts.

She smiled softly and placed Kade on the ground. He threw himself onto my leg, squeezing tightly. I tore my gaze away from Katie to glance down at him. He looked up at me and I grinned.

“Hey, buddy. Were you good for My while I was gone?” He nodded his head vigorously and I chuckled. “Good, cause I brought you a surprise.” His eyes widened.

“A surprise?!”

“Mmmhmm.” I reached into my pocket and pulled out two small Hot Wheels. Kade immediately released my leg took them from me. A huge smile broke out on his face and he averted his gaze to my right shoulder.

“My, look what JackJack gave me!”

Small arms wrapped around my torso and I knew just from their touch alone that they belonged to Katie. I instinctively lifted my arm and wrapped it around her, smiling when I felt her lean into me, our bodies molding together perfectly.

“Oh my goodness, those are so cool, Kangaroo! What do you say?”

“Thank you!” Without another word he took off running towards the backyard. He stayed in the grass close to the door though, still visible to both Katie and I.

I looked down at her only to be met with those clear blue eyes I was falling so deeply in love with. She smiled softly, reaching up on her toes and placing a kiss on my lips.

“Hi.” She whispered, nuzzling into my neck.

“Well hello there.” Katie giggled, pulling away slightly so that we were face to face again.

“How was your meeting?”

“Eh.” I shrugged. “I didn’t really pay attention.” Katie reached over and slapped my chest, causing me to yelp in surprise. “Hey! What was that for!”

“Jack, the band is your job. You can’t just ignore your responsibilities like that.” I rolled my eyes, reaching out and pulling her close again.

“I happened to have other things on my mind.” My hands trailed down and slipped under her shirt, dancing up her sides to grasp at her bare hips. I leaned down, placing my lips at her ear. “Nice shirt by the way.” I pressed her body flush against mine, smirking as I heard her sharp intake of breath.

“Jack.” She warned lowly. “Kade is right outside.”

“I know.” I stated, pressing a quick kiss to her lips before releasing her and taking a step back with a cheeky grin.

“You’re such a tease.” She scowled.

“You love it.” Katie simply rolled her eyes and smacked my chest again.

“Back to the more important issue at hand, you need to call somebody and find out just what you missed at that meeting.”

“But I don’t want toooooo.” I whined, reaching out and capturing Katie in my arms again.

“You should have paid attention earlier.” She stated, wiggling free to stand before me with her arms crossed.

“Fine.” I sighed, pulling my phone out.

“Good boy.” She giggled, reaching up and patting my head. I growled, catching her hand and biting it lightly. “Oh is poor Jacky upset?” She teased.

I stuck out my bottom lip in a pout and nodded. She twisted the hand that I was still holding so that our fingers laced together before stretching onto her toes again, her eyes darkening slightly.

“Maybe I can make it better.” She whispered huskily before her lips crashed onto mine in a hungry kiss.

I released her hand, moving to grip the back of her head instead. Our tongues meshed together perfectly. She tugged on the hair at the back of my head and I groaned in response. I felt her lips curve into a smile. Our kiss lasted only a second or two longer and then she loosened her grip and took a step back, grinning.

“I do believe you have a call to make mister.”

She was walking away before I had time to pull her back in. My eyes followed the sway of her hips as she made her way out the back door to where Kade still sat playing with the cars. I watched her crouch down next to him, speaking words I couldn’t hear. He frowned but Katie just shook her head and picked him up. She set him down inside the pool house and then turned, winking at me before shutting the door and disappearing from sight. I shook my head to clear the haze and then turned to head for the kitchen, a goofy smile on my face as I dialed Alex's number. It was obvious. Katie had me hook, line, and sinker.
♠ ♠ ♠
It has come to my attention that I haven't updated this in like a month. I have no idea how that happened you guys and I'm so, so sorry. All I can say is I was dealing with a lot. I had finals and graduation and I got some really upsetting news about a girl who I've been best friends with since before I can even remember. But it's summer now and I'm back so updates should be quicker!

Special shout out to all of my magnificent commenters!:
Gab?
Cellophane Soldier
newyork_xo
nathaliie
Caitlynnnn
theofficialsteph
Gaskarth In My Pants
allt1m3l0w
and
madday
Thank you all so much for sticking through this with me. I love you to Pluto and beyond<3

Katie

Also, my JohnOhh story has officially started and I've been using it to help me work through some of my writer's block with both this and Break Your Little Heart so there are a lot of prewritten chapters and it gets updates regularly. You can click here to check it out(: