Status: End. Completed.

Evangeline Williams

Evangeline Williams: The story

Winds winged, capturing the red leaves of autumn, and carrying it over the rhythm of the twirls like a masquerade, one by one deserting their birth place as it mutilate the lonesome trees. And the rays of sun slowly descended, as it bid farewell to the clear blue sky, slowly greeting the moon like a glowing pearl in the twinkling night.

Seasons take turn in leaving and coming, ever a month, no hardly any day she could differ as she laid on the tainted cotton bedspreads with her hollow minds and shadowed bumps resting underneath her sleepless eyes. With the exception of the winds, her breathless chest fighting for air was the only music to the silent room. Like a lifeless doll she was – lonely lifeless doll.

“Eve…”

She pulled up the pillows and covered her ears, ignoring the voice of the person dearest to her. The voice called again, one level higher.

“Just leave me alone, please…” she begged.

Just as the echoing of the voice silencing, she released her grip, increasing the gap between her ears and the pillow, and wrapped her arms around her knees as she locked her gaze to the lonely door. The voice called again but only this time it derived with a weak bang on the door. Not an expression reflected on her face as the door quivered, pumping a dust within the cracks. Finally, moments gone so as the bang and the echoing, and lids grew heavier and heavier, alas, in the tainted room she rested.

She heard it again as she did once before, the sound of a music box, so pure that her heart ached for more. And she heard she hummed, and in a lovely symphony the little girl sang:

“Oh lord, forgiveness she plead,
That the eyes of pure will ponder sanctity
But the hearth shall speak fiend,
Massacre she conveyed for eternity mystery,

So beautiful, so tempting, but in vain,
Treasures in her possession,
All but vengeance shall remain,
And once again she will be forgotten…”


The music stopped. The lonely door slowly opened followed by a loud creak by the rusty hinge, and the little girl appeared, smiling tenderly, holding a music box in her hands as the door closed before her.

“I’m Evangeline, Evangeline Williams…” the little girl said.

That voice, that name, and that face, all too familiar, in the hollow mind it rest far and far. The voice called her name again, echoing from the other side, as the door quivered. She begged to stop. She begged to be left alone. The banging grew stronger, firmer, and scarier.

“Stop please! Leave me alone!” she screamed.

The door broke open, swung itself to the wall, smashing the knob hard enough to leave a crack. She saw it again like she did before, that creature standing before her. So dark, so vicious, so huge, and it shivered her even more so. The creature called her name again, but the voice seemed familiar, so familiar that her heart ached to fight. The distance grew closer and closer. Feared had conquered her heart and nothing she can do to fight it. The creature grasped her shoulder, she battled to let go but the creature was far too strong for her.

“Evangeline…” she finally cried.

A sinner grin was on Evangeline’s face as she called her name. Evangeline dropped her music box and came nearer. By only her little hands, she hauled the creature away, like a toy she held. The creature begged to be released, but Evangeline disregarded. The next thing she knew was blood splatted all over the place, repainting the dry, old gore without a trace.

Eve awakened, and she was there on the bed the entire time, alone. She didn’t recall any of the nightmares she experienced a moment back. Not an Evangeline, not a creature, nothing lived in her hollow mind, that all that was left was she had fallen asleep. Reminiscing the death of her family one after another every time she woke up from her sleep, she started shaking, and prayed that nothing tragic happen this time.

“Eve…”

A voice so soft she could barely hear, alarmed her heavy heart from the base down her crib. Prepared to get up on her feet, she swiftly stood still and wordless to what she just witnessed – a man dearest to her laid on the damp tiles, helpless, and in his own battle. She held him in her arms, assisted by the shattered clear crystal on her eyes, cascading down her cheeks. He smiled, and he exhaled his last breath passionately whispering his love for her for one last time.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi.. so I never actually write any horror story.. just once, a fanfic...
Anyhow, this is a story for a sickness called Somniphobia: Fear for sleep...
I am actually starting a chaptered version of this story.. so hopfully It'll be finished soon...
Thanks for reading.. comments and criticism is always welcomed <3