Status: finished

Just a Little Trinket

1/1

Everyone has always asked me why I've kept it around, why I haven't upgraded to an actual watch, or why is it that I love it so.

It's not much really; just a little trinket passed down to me. Most people would only admire the beauty of something that old. However they would all not see the memories or even the greatest of histories that it always held.

The history of it is that it used to belong to a queen before her death and after how all her children sold off everything she owned because they had only cared about the money they would get back. This simple elegant trinket was said to have been the queen's most prized treasure out of everything else that she had.

My mom used to tell me that one of my great grandmothers was given this as a gift of love from her husband. She had treasured it so much that she never left the house without it. There was even a rumor that she wanted to be buried with it in her hand, but her husband convinced her instead to pass it down to one of their daughters who they both knew would take care of it. And she did, more than they could ever dream. Always made sure that the watch would run to its greatest ability, always hand-polishing each tiny piece of pearl, rose bud, and jewel every single night by fire light.

Even when it was close to her last days on Earth, she had made sure that in her Last Will that the trinket was passed down from daughter to daughter of those who would always care for it more than anyone else.

So, as someone might see an out-dated watch that should have been pawned off a long time ago, I'll forever see it as a piece of my history and all of the memories that it will always hold.

Which is weird seeing as it's not much really; just a trinket passed down to me. A little trinket that will forever hold the key to my memories.
♠ ♠ ♠
So this it my first ever drabble. Wish me luck because I took a look at the ones that are entered for the same contests and they might be extremely tough for me to even beat.