What Lies Beneath

Last Minute

Evie POV

“Explain to me again why we need to hire another guitar tech? Don’t we already have one?” Zack asked anyone as we all sat in Brian’s living room eating Chinese food for our lunch; the guys were going to start their Nightmare tour tomorrow and they forgot to hire a guitar technician for the tour, which is just like them because they know I’d bend over backwards to find someone before then.

“You used to have Steve but he left at the end of the last tour, you can thank Brian for that because he threatened to find him and beat him up” I explained to Zack as I sat on the couch with Johnny and remembered how Steve just packed up his stuff and left without saying anything; it took me an hour of asking Brian what happened until he finally told me why Steve left so quickly.

“I only threatened him because he was hitting on you and flirting with you instead of working, we were paying him to work not try to get into your bed Evie” Brian said as his warm brown eyes looked over at me as I shared the couch with Matt and defended himself quickly; I knew he still thought he did the right thing with Steve and every other guy that’s shown some interest in me but that’s what I get around I hang around guys.

“Oh yeah I remember seeing him running for a cab with a terrified look on his face, I have to say I agree with Brian on this one. Steve was turning out to be pretty sleazy and he was getting on our nerves” Matt said as he struggled to eat his food with the chopsticks that came with the food while all the other guys had given up and gotten a fork; I rolled my eyes at them as I sat on the couch eating my food with my legs crossed Indian style.

“It doesn’t matter what the reason is, the fact is you guys are going on tour tomorrow and you haven’t even interviewed people yet. Why is it that you always leave important things to the last minute and I’ve got to help you get everything ready” I said as I leaned over and grabbed my cup of diet coke before I took a drink and placed it back onto the coffee table; I knew the guys well enough to know that they aren’t going to help me at all with hiring a guitar technician at such short notice and this wasn’t even part of my job.

“We don’t mean to leave stuff for you to organise Evie but you know that it just happens every time we have a tour, besides you love us so we know you’ll help us out. Why don’t you go see some people with Brian and Zacky” Jimmy said as he finished his lunch with the guys finishing just after him which wasn’t anything unusual because I was always the last one to finish eating; they knew that I would help them out because I couldn’t say no to them which sucked because they knew that.

“Yeah that’s a great idea Jim besides we know people and you know people Evie, we’ll find someone to join our crew and if we go now then you won’t have to worry about it anymore” Brian said to me as Zacky stood up and started cleaning up everyone’s empty boxes so we could go hire someone; I looked at Brian as I rolled my eyes at him because I always had to be dragged along, I gave the guys the rest of my lunch as I stood up taking my drink with me.

“Fine let’s go before I change my mind, seriously guys the things I do for you and I don’t even get paid for this” I said as I picked up my handbag before I walked towards the garage where Brian’s car was as he followed behind me with Zacky; the other guys chuckled to themselves as they called out their goodbyes and Brian walked up beside me as he wrapped his arm around my shoulder.

“You’re the best Evie and we do appreciate everything that you do for us, don’t worry about getting paid either because we’ll always be taking care of you” Brian said to me softly as his fingers rubbed my shoulder while Zacky climbed into Brian’s car; I felt a blush starting to form across my cheeks as I felt him place a soft and sweet kiss on the top of my head before he held open the car door for me.

“You’re just lucky that I love you guys otherwise I wouldn’t be here helping you all the time, and I know you’ll take care of me” I said as I looked up at Brian before his hand ran down from my shoulder to the small of my back; while I climbed into the back seat of the car and placed the seat belt over my body while Brian closed the door for me.

Image


“Welcome to the team Hunter, now if you need anything while we’re on tour then don’t be afraid to ask. We’re all a family here and we look after our family” Matt said as we all stood inside Johnny’s Bar with our new guitar technician Hunter; I was more happy than the guys were about finding her at just short notice because now I wasn’t the only girl on tour and I knew she was going to fit in with us perfectly.

“I’ll keep that in mind and I just want to thank you all for giving me this amazing chance to work with you all, I promise that I’m going to work my hardest and that you won’t have to worry about me” Hunter said as Jimmy handed her and everyone else a drink; I just knew that we were going to be close friends because she seemed to be one of those girls that everyone liked and got along with.

“Let’s have a toast! To our newbie Hunter who’s going to be living in hell as she puts up with us, to Evie for searching around and finding Hunter in amazing time and to the best tour ever” Johnny said as he raised his glass of beer causing everyone else to follow his actions; we all clinked glasses as we toasted the tour before we took a sip of our drinks and split off into groups to enjoy our last night home.

“I also wanted to thank you Evie, this is such an amazing opportunity and I’m so grateful for this. You have no idea how much this means to me” Hunter said to me as she sat on the bar stool beside me as I sipped my drink and watched the guys play a game of pool; I turned my attention onto her and gave her a smile as she too watched the guys but she wasn’t intimated by them like most people are.

“It’s fine really and please you don’t have to thank me or the guys, we should be thanking you because if we didn’t find you then we’d be fucked. The guys tend to do this every tour so I’m used to it” I explained to her as we kept our eyes on the guys because I for one didn’t want them to drink that much tonight; it would be horrible to be around them on the first day of tour if their hung over because all they’ll do is complain and whine.

“I can’t help it and I’ll feel bad if I don’t thank you, just give me a few days and I’ll stop thanking you all” Hunter said with a smile on her lips as she sipped her drink while I was busy watching Brian order another round of drinks for everyone; well a part from Hunter and I because we hadn’t finished our drinks yet but Brian never did let me buy my own drinks when we went out.

“Brian slow down, tour starts tomorrow and I don’t want to deal with you guys hung over. You know how busy tomorrow will be and I’m not doing anything else for you lot” I told him as he walked past us and handed the guys their new drinks before he turned back to face me; I couldn’t help but worry about him and the guys as they were my only family here.

“We’ll be fine Evie trust us, I promise we won’t drink too much so don’t worry about us. Look after her Hunter” Brian said to us both with a stupid smug grin on his face that I just wanted to smack off but I knew he was just looking after me and wanted to make me stop worrying, but that was impossible for me to do which he knew but I just had to listen to him this once and just enjoy my last night here.
♠ ♠ ♠
Evie's Outfit

Please Comment!