What Lies Beneath

I love you too, Bunny.

I finally had a job! I was so relieved. After looking for a little over a year, I was starting to think I would never find a decent job. I was being a little picky, I would not work in a fast food joint. But I would work just about everywhere else. Most places didnt want to take be because I havent finished high school, and I have tattoos. Those were choices I made though, and I knew I'd have to live with them. I didnt make excuses for myself not getting a job, I just kept telling myself I would get one eventually. And now I had one, with a band I enjoyed at that.

I had never been a professional guitar tech before. I'd only worked with my friends little bands at gigs. But I knew my way around the equipment, and most definetly knew my way around the instrument. I had no worries that when I started I would figure out what to do. I was a fast learner, and I wasnt afraid to ask for help when I needed it. I was set.

I was just bubbling with excitement. I couldnt wait to get on the road tomorrow. I needed to get home and pack. I needed to make a list! Did I have everything I'd need? I started to slightly panic, but even that didnt kill all of my happiness.

I smiled at Evie again, "Well, I need to head home and pack. Thanks again for everything, you have no idea how much this job means to me. I will not let you guys down."

"Its really no problem, see you tomorrow morning," she laughed and waved good bye.

"See ya," I grabbed my purse and waved to all my new bosses, "Night guys, thanks again."

There was a chorus of "good night" and "see ya later", as I walked out the door. Only to run right into Zack, causing him to drop his phone in surprise.

"I'm so sorry!" I said as I bent down to pick up his phone, which luckily haddnt broken into a million pieces.

"No harm done," he said as he too bent down, "It was my fault for standing in front of the door."

Our hands brushed as we both reached for the phone.

"Sorry!" we both said as we pulled away. We looked up at eachother and laughed, "its okay."

"That was weird," he laughed again as he shook his head, and picked up his phone.

"Just a tad," I smiled as we stood up, "soooo... I'm your tech now, I believe?"

He smiled and nodded, his smile reached his light green eyes. I felt my heart skip a beat. This man was certainly a cutie.

"I'm looking forward to getting to work with you," I said with a flirtatious smirk as I started to walk to my car.

He smiled, "Same, it was nice to meet you."

"I know," I smirked and got into my car.

I was practily jumping out of my skin with excitement now. New job and flirting with a cute boy. It doesnt get much better then that. I could not wait to get home and pack, and to gush about it all to Kyle. That poor boy was gonna get his ear talked off.

It wasnt long until I was pulling into my spot in the drive way, next to the old black YJ Jeep my brother loved like family. She was his baby, the first vehicle he bought himself. I dont think I could recall seeing my brother any more proud then the day he brought that Jeep home.

"Hay, dick face," I called into the appartment, as I shut the door and took off my shoes.

"In the kitchen," he called back, pausing for a moment, "bitch."

I rushed into the little kitchen. Kyle had his laptop opened, and had music playing, as he drew a picture of a sexy pin up. My brother was an acomplished tattoo artist. We had worked in the same shop, until I was let go. I only worked behind the counter, I wasnt anywhere near as good at drawing as these guys were.

"Guess who has a job?" I couldnt keep the grin off of my face.

He stopped drawing to look up at me, "you know what this calls for? Cookies!"

"Aw, fuck yeah."

He got up and got the oreos from the cupboard, "you finally earned them."

"We're gonna have to take this party to my room though. I need to pack," I got up and grabbed my purse.

"Wow, wow, wow Hunter Anne... Why do you need to pack?"

"Because... I'm leaving to go on tour tomorrow morning," I shrugged, as I walked into my room. It wasnt very big, but it was good enough for me.

"Going on tour? Tomorrow morning? Hunter, dont take this the wrong way, but are you sure about this?" the protective older brother thing was comming out now.

"Bunny, please dont do this," I pouted hoping that his childhood nickname would work on him, as I pulled my big zebra stryped suitcase out, "I finally got a job, cant we just have cookies and be happy?"

His sturn glare faultered for a moment, but went right back in seconds, "I am happy... but... you're going to be out there with a bunch of guys that you dont know. And I'm not going to be there... what if someone trys something, huh? I dont meen to rain on your parade, but one of us needs to be sensible."

He sat down on the bed next to the suitcase, cookies still in hand. His big brown eyes looked up at me. He looked sad now. I knew he wouldnt do anything more then try to convince me not to go, he would never stop me from something I really wanted to do. We were best friends, and only wanted the best for eachother.

"I am being sensible. And in any case what fun is life if you dont take a few risks? This is a big oppurtunity for me, I'm getting paid to play around with guitars all day and travel. I'm getting the chance to meet new people and see new places. I dont see anything wrong with this, and you arent going to change my mind, Kyle. I'm sorry." I placed some pants in the suitcase and looked Kyle dead in the eye, "I'll keep in touch. Text you all the time."

He grabbed my hand and pulled me over into a hug, "you'd better... so what exactly are you going to be doing?"

He let go of me and I continued to pack my things, "I'm a guitar tech, cool huh?"

"Thats a tough job, you know?" He half smiled, "Keith did it for a while after he got out of high school. Some of the stories he told us were pretty rough, long fuckin days 'n shit. You up for that?"

I shrugged, "I'm gonna have to be."

We continued to talk and eat cookies as I packed. When I finished we both said good night and went to bed. Kyle agreed to drive me in the morning, because the shop didnt open until twelve.

The next morning I rushed around, showered, ate, got dressed, made coffee, did everything. While Kyle lazed around and drank his coffee. He didnt bother to get dressed to drive me. Just went in his Ghost Busters boxers and an old black t-shirt. He helped me load my few bags into the back of the Jeep. Laughing at how stressed I was the whole time.

"Well, remember to text me all the time. Call when you can. I love you, kid," Kyle half huged me, "If anything at all happens, you call me. You hear?"

"Yes sir," I saluted him as I closed the door and walked to the back to get my things.

"Hay!" he stuck his head out the window and looked back at me as I threw my little bag over my shoulder, pulled up my purse strap, and closed the back of the Jeep.

"I love you too, Bunny."

"Thats better, do you want me to help you?"

"No, I can do it," I smiled and waved.

He stared up the Jeep, and drove off. I started to lug my things toward the big buses. There was a black one and a silver one. I'd always wanted to live on a tour bus. I wasnt really sure wich one I was supposed to go on. There were people all around both of them, but no one I knew.

"Hay," I voice called to me, "new girl."

I turned to see a tall thin man comming towards me. He was dressed in jeans and a red plad flanal shirt. His hair was dark brown and curly, like my brothers. He had a bit of facial hair, and a kind face. He was waving a little plastic thing with a lanyard attached.

I waved as he came up to me, "hello."

"I believe this is yours," he handed me the little plastic thing with the laynard, it had my picture in it. An all access pass. It was the picture that they took right after my interview the night before.

"Thanks, I'm Hunter," I extended my hand to shake his.

"I know," he grinned as he took my hand, "I'm Jamie, the bass tech."

I laughed, "Nice to meet you."

He grabbed my suitcase, "Here, let me help you with this. We're on the silver bus, the crew bus. Hopefully we can find you a decent bunk. You like tops or bottoms? I think you got here early enough to get what you want."

I hurried along behind him as he walked to the bus, "I guess it doesnt really matter where, so long as I have somewhere to sleep."

"Thats a good attude," he smiled back at me as we made our way up into the bus, "this is the kitchen slash living room."

Jamie jestured around the little kitchen/ livingroom at the front of the bus. It was actually really nice, I was impressed. I followed Jamie further into the bus, to where the bunks were.

"Now, they're not the most comfortable things in the world," he shrugged, "but you get used to 'em."

I looked at a vacant bunk in the very back, on the left, on the bottom. I went over and sat down, "this one is mine."

He chuckled and pushed my suitcase in the small space under the bunk, "nice choice, right across from me."

I got up again and attached my pass to my belt, "so now what?"

He looked thoughtful for a moment, "you can help me give everyone their passes?"

"Alright, sounds good to me," I motioned for him to lead the way.

And with that Jamie and I set off to find everyone. It was actually really nice. It gave me the chance to learn everyones names, and to make friends with Jamie. He gave me little tips about what to do on the job, and told me little helpful things. And by the time we got to everyone, it was time to go.

I could tell that I was right. This was going to be an amazing experiance.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope it was okay. Thanks to UnbreakMe;UnchainMe for the comment.

Hunters outfit, first night
Hunters outfit