What Lies Beneath

Match Making

Evie POV

I was on the crew tour bus with Brian as he had carried my suitcase for me which is something that he has always done; I spent the morning with the guys as we went out for breakfast which is a tradition of ours on the first day of every single tour and Zacky couldn’t shut up about the new girl Hunter, it was cute how he thought she was amazing already but it was getting annoying too.

“Now if you need anything just call, I won’t be far away alright? Even if you don’t think it’s important, just call me anyways and I’ll be right over” Brian said to me like he does every tour as he placed my suitcase in the small hole under my bunk; I always got the same bunk because everyone knew that it was my bunk, I picked the middle section on the right and the bottom bunk on my very first tour with the guys.

“I promise to call you if anything happens but I’ll be fine Brian, you know Matt and Jason will take care of me like they always do. And Hunter’s here now so I’m not the only girl anymore” I reassured him as I gently rubbed his back because I knew he worried about me; but he made the Berry brothers promise to look after me and they have.

“Exactly Jamie it’s your job to make sure Evie and Hunter are safe at all times, you are going to take care of them and look after them” Brian told Jamie as he walked onto the bus with Hunter behind him; they had given me my pass early when I arrived at the buses and helped the crew load the equipment onto the buses.

“You don’t have to tell me that Brian, you know I’ll look after them. I’ve been keeping Evie out of trouble for the past few years now” Jamie reassured Brian as all the other crew members started to walk onto the bus which meant we were going to start driving to Los Angeles which was the first city on this tour; the drive wasn’t all that long which was good because it took some getting used to walking around on a moving bus.

“I know that but I was just making sure you knew, now I’ll see you all once we get to the venue” Brian said to us when Bruce our bus driver sat behind the wheel of the bus; we all said our goodbyes to Brian before he walked off the bus but he made sure that his fingers trailed over my waist before he headed over to the band bus.

For the next hour Hunter was occupied with getting to know all of the crew which wasn’t hard because there wasn’t a lot of us just a few; but this made the time go by fast so Bruce was parking the bus in the venue’s back parking lot in no time, which meant we needed to start setting everything up for tonight’s show.

Later

I was sitting at the sound desk surrounded by my equipment and a fence so no fans could get close to the equipment; I was watching Hunter and Jamie making sure that everything was set up for the guys and was ready to go, the guys where back in the dressing room as they were getting warmed up because the doors to the venue were being opened in a few minutes.

“Alright we’re good to go, you can open the doors” I said into the walkie talkie to the security guards at the doors once Hunter gave me a thumbs up to signal that everything was ready to go; I watched as Jamie took Hunter off the stage as they could sit side stage and watch the guys perform.

I sat on my seat for another hour and a half doing nothing as all the fans entered the venue; then after another 20 minutes the guys finally walked out onto the stage which is when I started working to make them sound amazing which wasn’t all that hard for them.

I had the set list beside me so I knew which song was next but I could remember most of them because I helped the guys make the set list for this tour; I smiled to myself as I watched the guys perform and how much fun the fans were having which made my job special because I got to make people happy and watch my best friends do the thing they love.

The shows always go for around 2 hours but sometimes longer if the guys decide to talk for longer periods of time; but they usually try to finish the show at the 2 hour mark because then it’s fair on everyone that comes to watch them and tonight wasn’t even different, so after 2 hours of playing nonstop the guys were saying their goodbyes and thank you’s.

As the stage went dark the crowd slowly started to thin out and I would hate to see how crowded the street was; as usual there were a few fans that decided to wait inside the venue for a while longer and it was either because they wanted to try and meet the guys or because outside would be filled with people, but what the fans didn’t know was that the guys usually only come back out when only the crew and security guards are left.

Jamie stayed with Hunter on the stage as they started to help take the set down and pack everything up into the boxes where they belong; I stayed in my little fenced off area as I too began to pack up all my equipment with the help of the lighting guy Mike, one of the few rules we have on tour is that you do your job first but then you help out anyone else who needs it.

“Eves I’m taking all of this out to the bus, how about you start taking the fence down and then I’ll come back to help you” Mike said to me as we finished packing up our equipment and I could carry my things outside to the bus but the cases where big and heavy so it took me a while; but Mike was strong so the weight didn’t bother him that much.

“Yeah sure thing Mikey” I said as I gave him a smile before he headed off to the silver bus while I started to take the metal pins out of the fence joins which made them stay together; now the fences are made from thick metal so I always did struggle with setting them up and taking them down.

“Why are you the one who always gets stuck with doing the hard work?” I smiled to myself when I heard the deep familiar voice sound from behind me as the fence piece I was trying to move was taken from my hands; I turned around to face Brian who was pretty much always the first guy to come help me.

“Because I’m special like that? Besides I don’t mind trying to do all the hard work” I said to him as we worked as a team to move the fence pieces onto the trolley so Mike could easily roll it outside to the bus.

“You’re very special Eves but I’m going to have a talk with Mike, he shouldn’t be leaving you to do all the heavy lifting and no arguing” Brian said to me as wrapped his tattooed arm around my shoulders before he walked me over to the stage once my area was packed up on the bus; he lifted me up easily onto the stage before he pushed himself up and I smiled when I saw Zacky talking to Hunter.

“Brian no, wait I need to hear what they’re talking about” I told him before it was too late because he had already placed me over his shoulder and started walking towards the back door of the venue; he placed his hand on the back of my thigh to make sure I didn’t slide away.

“No Evie just let them get to know each other, besides we don’t even know if Hunter is single” Brian said to me as he carried me through the back door to the outside because he knew how much I loved playing the match maker; I’d set him up on a few dates but they never worked out which was strange because the women liked him but he was never interested in them.

“She is single though Brian and Zack hasn’t really been out there looking, besides they look cute standing there together” I complained to him once he had placed me back down on my feet which caused me to look up at him; the back parking lot was pretty hectic which is usual because the crew are running around making sure we’ve loaded all the equipment and haven’t forgotten anything.

“Just give them time babe, they need to know each other before you can get your hands on them” Brian said with a cute chuckle as he looked down at me causing our eyes to lock together and I knew that he was right but I’d never admit it; I let a soft sigh escape my lips as I nodded my head slightly as I agreed with him but that didn’t mean I wouldn’t be keeping an eye on them.
♠ ♠ ♠
Evie's Outfit

Please Comment!