What Lies Beneath

You Got This.

"So," Jamie bagan as we finished dragging our equipment onto the stage, and hooked up all the wires, "you know how to work all of this, right?"

I looked over everything. Most of it I had used for one or another band. There were just a couple things I didnt know how to completely work, I could get it to do the basicas of what was needed. But I knew that probabily wasnt going to be good enough. And I didnt want to fuck up on the first show, and my first day on the job.

"Well... I know how to work everything, but those," I pointed to them.

"Alright cool, I'm gonna start doin my thing and I'll get Sean over to help you," he raised his eyebrows and winked at me, as he walked over to the other side of the stage.

I just smiled and shook my head. God only knew what he was up to. As we were dragging the equipment to the stage he had cought me eyeing Sean. And had been teasing me about it ever since. I couldnt help myself though. From the moment I laid eyes on him I was just taken. Dark brown hair to his shoulders, grey blue eyes, tall, toned, adorable smile, charming, and interesting. From what I saw, the boy did not have one flaw.

"What is it you need help with?" Sean's voice floated through my ears, causing an instant smile to come to my face.

He showed me everything I needed to know. And he told me a few things that Zacky liked done. It was actually pretty fun setting up 'our worlds', as Jamie liked to call it. The guys joked around, and it gave me a chance to talk to them more and really get to know them. I was going to be spending every day with these guys, I needed to learn the dos and donts.

Once everything was tuned, we did a line check, and then came sound check. All the while all the crew were here and there, moving and setting things up. They came and went as they needed to. There were a lot more people involved with everything then I thought there were.

After sound check was over we were free until the show started. We wandered back stage to see what we could find for food. There wasnt much, it was easy to tell that everyone but us had already been there. Luckly the Berry brothers had ordered pizza.

The guys wrestled and joked around as we all waited. I found it hard to take my eyes off of Sean. He made me feel like a school girl again. Every time he smiled, I melted. He talked to me about everything, it was crazy how much stuff he knew. He had a tendency to get on a roll with something, make a side note, then loose everything he was talking about before. It was oddly cute.

As time ticked on, closer and closer to the show, I got more and more excited. I had never seen Avenged play before. But I was a long time fan. The show couldnt start soon enough by the time we had to go back.

The opening acts werent too bad. The guys were appairently good friends with the second act. So I was introduced to them as we all did our things again, and made tweeks here and there to all the equipment and instruments. It wasnt long before we were finished and the band took to the stage.

Zackys hand made its way across my lower back, as he walked past me to his guitar. A sly smiled was flashed my way. Butterflys took over my stomach. This had to have been the best job I had ever had. Working with a bunch of hot guys. Just looking at them all would have been payment enough for me.

"Have you ever seen them play before?" Sean asked, leaning close to my ear, making sure I could hear him as Brian started to play.

I shook my head, "No, I'm pretty excited."

He chuckled and smiled, before looking out to the stage, "well, better get over there in case something happens. Just came over here for a beer.

He gave a slight wave, as he started off behind the stage. It sucked that we were on different sides. But if either him or Rob wanted anything, they had to come over here. So he had been back and fourth the whole time. Stopping to talk to me for a second every time.

After about fifteen minutes passed Jamie had started dancing like a fool. Ocasionally trying to get me to join him, by grabbing on to me and swinging me along with him. And randomly humping me whenever he felt the need. I could hardly focous on the band. I was in tears from laughing to hard, and trying to fight him off. He had drank a fair bit, and quickly. So he was quite tipsy, he claimed that if he drank slower it wouldnt have been happening.

"Sexy dance moves, bro," Rob slapped Jamies ass as he walked by.

"I know," Jamie grinned.

"Maybe you should cut him off until after the show," Rob laughed as he disappeared behind the stage.

I looked back over to Jamie, trying to do what looked like the hustle, "thats probabily a good idea."

The whole concert lasted for about two hours. And I had enjoyed every second of it. Jamie haddnt sobered up in the least, so packing everything up was interesting. Once all the fans cleared out of the place, the band came out of hiding. Helping out here and there.

"Want a hand with that?" Zacky asked as I pushed a large cabnet towards the exit.

"Ah," I looked over at him, "yes please."

He laughed as he came over and started to help. There was no better way for me to describe the man other then, cute. He just had this way about him that made me want to hug him, and cuddle forever.

We made small talk as we worked. I complimented him on the show, and he complimented me on the set up, and how everything was just the way he liked. I just pretended that it was all me, not mentioning Jamies help.

We got to know eachother a little better, exchanged numbers. The whole bit. He told me the story of how the last guitar tech got fired. I couldnt help but laugh. It was obvious that Brian was into Evie, and that they had some sort of thing goin on.

"I find it a little hard to tune for you, as its all upside down. But I'm happy to hear I didnt fuck it up," I smiled at him.

We were just standing on the stage. I was waiting for the other guys to finish up, I didnt really know what to do next. And I didnt want to ask and look like a looser. So I was just gonna wait for one of them to drag me along with them.

"Oh no, It was perfect," He smiled, "Better then Steve, actually. And he was with us for a while."

I felt a swell of pride run through me. I didnt have an ego or anything, but I loved doing things right on the first try. It didnt bother me when it didnt happen. But when it did, I liked to sit on my high horse for a while and just bask in myself.

"Maybe it was meant to be that he got let go, and you guys hired me," I chuckled.

"Hay Zack," Johnny called fromt he side of the stage, "you got a second."

Zack sent Johnny a 'fuck off look', "yeah, what do you need?"

"Jason says he needs you for something," with that Johnny walked off.

"Hunter, you ready?" Sean called as he came across the stage.

"Well," I sighed, I was enjoying talking to Zacky, "Looks like we're needed."

He smiled and nodded, as I started to follow Sean out to the exit.

"Talk to you later?" I questioned before I followed Sean out.

He nodded again, "come find me or text me any time."

I smiled at that, and waved before going out to meet up with Sean. As we walked back to the bus he told me to just quickly grab my pjs and then he'd show me where the showers were. And then the serious conversation of alians began. I wasnt really sure if he was being serious in the beginning, but after I had gotten my shit together and he had explained more, I could tell he meant every word.

"You know, "I said as we started to walk back to the venue, "I dont think I have ever had a serious conversation about this shit with anyone before... but you do make sense."

I couldnt believe I was saying it, but he really did make sense. Alians kinda freaked me out though, I'd watched too many horror and si-fi movies for my own good.

As we entered the building again, we ran into Evie and Jamie. They were arguing about which way the showers were. Sean told them to just follow him.

"Well, I'm happy I dont have to go in there alone," Evie said as she bagan to follow us.

I haddnt actually thought about it, but I was happy too, "yeah, I'd be kinda worried the whole time that some killer rapeist would come in."

"Oh wow," she looked a little flabbergasted, "I didnt even think of that. Thanks alot!"

We both laughed. We had reached the womens showers, so we waved to the guys and went in. It wasnt anything wonderful. Four shower stalls, with white curtans covering them. I placed my things beside the furthest shower from the door, and started to adjust the water.

"So, how did you like your first day?" Evie asked as she did the same.

"It was really good actually," I said as I quickly got undressed, and got under the hot water, "the guys are really wonderful. They remind me of my friends back home."

I heard her chuckle, "They are somethin' else... so, what do you think of Zack?"

What did I think of Zack? I took a second to think about it, as I massaged my vanilla sented shampoo through my dark brown locks, "he's really nice. Very sweet, I was so happy when he offered to help me load up all that shit! It's so heavy."

"Tell me about it," She said with a knowing tone, "I always get stuck trying to carry heavy crap around. Luckly Brian usually comes to my rescue."

"Speaking of Brian," I began, I wanted to get the scoop on them, "Whats goin on with you two?"

"What do you mean?"

"Are you together, or what?" I couldnt help myself, deep down I loved girl talk.

"Oh... no, we're just friends," there was a hint of sadness in her tone.

"Really? You guys seem so into eachother though," I was genuinely a little surprised.

"Yeah, just friends."

"Psh, thats foolishness," I finished washing the soap from my hair, and began to wash my body, "You two would look cute together, I think."

"Well... thanks."

I liked her, she was good people. I really hoped we bacame good friends during this tour. We continued to talk as we finished washing up.

"So," I began, "what do you know about Sean?"

She looked a little surprised by my question, "um... not too much really. We never really got along the best. I mean, he's nice and all, just not my kind of person."

"Oh," I guess I could understand that, "I really like him..."

She stopped brushing her long blond hair and looked over at me, eyebrows raised, "really?"

I just nodded, as I pulled my heals back on. Her tone didnt sound all that impressed, and there was a hint of dissapointment.

"Well, I'm pretty sure he's single," She smiled, as she put her brush away in her travel bag.

I could feel my face light up, butterflies started to mosh in my stomach, "I hope so. Do you think I have a chance?"

She raised an eyebrow, and quickly gave me the once over, "Are you kidding? You're gorgeous, you'll have no problem getting him."

We both grabbed our bags and went to leave the room, "looks arent everything though."

The guys were sitting on the floor in front of the door, on the wall across from it. Just talking, and playing rock, paper, scissors. The both got up as we opened the door and walked out.

"Took long enough," Jamie huffed as he started walking in the direction of the exit.

"Could you have picked shorter shorts, Hunter?" Sean asked as he walked up beside me.

"They're underwear, actually. And yes I could," I grinned up at him, "is that a chalange?"

He just laughed and shook his head, "no, its not a chalange. I trust that you could wear shorter shorts."

I chuckled to myself as we all walked. They were my favourite Drop Dead panties. I didnt really care if people saw me in them, they were what I slept in. And a comfy old t-shirt, for my top. I guess these guys just werent used to me yet.

I felt a slight nudge to my left arm, before Evie whispered, "You got this in the bag."
♠ ♠ ♠
Hunters PJ's