What Lies Beneath

Starving Workers

Evie POV

I smiled to myself rather proudly as Hunter just gave me the ‘shut up’ look as we walked over to our bus with Sean and Jamie; now I was set on playing match maker with Sean and Hunter even though I didn’t really know Sean that much as we haven’t talked all that much and he started working with Avenged on their last tour.

“So what shall we do now? I’m bored and Bruce is going to be driving through the night to get us to the next venue” Sean asked us as he let Hunter and I walk onto the bus before he did while Jamie just walked onto the bus.

“Video games?” Jamie asked as we walked through the bus to the bunk area so we could put our travel bags away; Hunter was quiet to agree which then made Sean agree and then that just left me but Jamie knew I wasn’t that good at video games.

“Oh fine if we have to, I’ll go get some food so Jamie can set everything up” I said as I walked into the small kitchen area and grabbed a packet of chips before I walked into the back lounge; I took a seat on the couch in between Jamie and Hunter.

“Okay so now we need to split up into pairs” Jamie said as he took a handful of chips and shoved them into his mouth; this was my opportunity to start helping Hunter and Sean get closer so I wasn’t going to miss this.

“How about I go with you Jamie and Hunter can be with Sean” I said smiling as Jamie made the fighting game two player; Jamie seemed a bit confused as to why I was so quick in pairing us up but he’s not really the smartest crayon in the box.

“Uh yeah that’s fine with me, Hunter are you okay with being my partner?” Sean asked as he looked beside him at Hunter as he picked up the second remote control.

“Yeah that’s okay, I mean it’s more fair this way but I’ll warn you now I love video games” Hunter said with a smile on her face as we all picked characters for ourselves; I took the longest time because I couldn’t find a character that I really liked.

Jamie and Sean started off the game which I was fine with because I preferred to go second so I could watch them; after about half an hour it was Hunter and mine turn to play but Hunter was right she was great at this game.

“Go Evie go! Quick shoot him! Shoot him!” Jamie cheered me on but it was more like he was yelling at me which was funny because he was really in the zone of this game; the four of us kept taking turns as the game went on.

“Why? He hasn’t even seen me yet, isn’t me shooting him now kind of mean? Besides I have a good hiding spot” I said as I kept my eyes on the TV screen while Jamie fidgeted beside me on the couch; I did tend to hide but I didn’t want to get myself killed.

“You sure are one of a kind Evie, but it’s 2 in the morning so I think we should get some sleep. We’re all going to need it” Sean said as he checked his watch and saw how early it was in the morning; Jamie and Hunter groaned but agreed while I just agreed because I was getting tired and you needed your sleep on tour.

“Sean’s right, you girls go to bed and we’ll pack all of this up. Sleep tight and don’t let the bed bugs bite” Jamie said to Hunter and I with a cheeky grin on his face because he knew how much I hated and despised bugs.

We both said out good nights to the guys before we walked the short distance to the bunk area where the other crew guys were already in their bunks; some were sleeping and some were just relaxing after our first day of tour.

“Night Hunter, have a good sleep” I smiled at her as I bent down and climbed into my bunk before I pulled my cupcake blanket over my body; I was beyond used to sleeping in bunks and I was the worst one on tour with sleeping as I just had trouble sleeping normally at home.

Next Morning

The next morning when I woke up the bus was already parked behind the venue in the next city and Bruce was fast asleep in his bunk as he caught up on sleep; I climbed out of my bunk with my hair a messy but I didn’t care because everyone is used to seeing me in the morning.

“Morning babe” Matt and Jason Berry greeted me as I walked into the small kitchen and living room area; Jason was right there to hand me a coffee in my panda mug which I just adored and it had nothing to do with Brian buying the mug for me.

“Morning guys” I said as I swallowed a mouthful of coffee before I kissed both of their cheeks and took a seat on the couch; I wasn’t a morning person so I needed all the caffeine I could get when I first wake up.

“Matt and Jimmy have gone to get us all some breakfast, well it’s more like brunch but at least we’re going to get something to eat” Matt told me as we all heard the rest of the crew slowly start to wake up; Rob was already awake and dressed just like the Berry brothers were but I couldn’t be bothered getting dressed.

“Good because I’m starving” I said to the brothers and Rob who was sitting at the booth table with them as we all had our morning cups of coffee; Sean was the next one to walk to the front of the bus with Hunter following a few minutes later and then Jamie joined us 20 minutes later.

Once we were all awake and ready we walked off the bus and over to the table that Jimmy had set up while Matt was serving everyone food; Jaime grabbed onto my hand before he started running towards Matt and the food.

“Well good morning to you two, hungry again I see Jamie” Matt said with a soft chuckle as he piled food onto our plates before we thanked him and walked off to eat; I watched as Sean placed his hand on the small of Hunter’s back as they got their breakfast from Matt.

“Brian get your own bloody food! Stop stealing mine” I said as I noticed Brian standing beside me and picking at the waffles I had; he knew that I loved having waffles for breakfast or anytime for that matter.

“Come on we both know that Matt wasn’t gives you too much food so I’m just helping you out, besides it’s either me or Jimmy” Brian said to me with a smile on his face as I moved my plate away from him; because I wanted to eat my waffles before they get eaten by Jimmy.

“Fine you can have my bacon but not my waffles, you know me Brian so you know not to take my waffles” I said as I looked up at him and slapped his hand away from my waffles but it didn’t take him long until he was eating my bacon; which is fine with me because I wasn’t in the bacon mood.

“Thank you babe, you’re the best” Brian said to me as a smile formed on his face as he placed a kiss on the top of my head; I smiled as I started to eat the rest of my breakfast as I noticed Hunter was looking over at me and gave me a wink.

The truth was I would love to be more than friends with Brian but I was scared that if I told him about my feelings then he’d reject me; I didn’t want to wreak our friendship if he didn’t return my feelings so I just kept them bottled up inside me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Evie's Outfit

Please Cooment!