Status: Slow but I want to write it damn it! Comment and subscribe!

All the Lights on You

I Apologize For Collateral Damage

♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠


“Well, what do you think?”

Brendon turned slightly to see Amanda near him on the dimly lit stage, “I don’t know, I don't like the paint job, it’s sloppy and the audience will probably be able to notice.”

Brendon continued to look through the new stage sets after hours. It was the only time he could move freely above ground without being seen. Recently, since the stage crew was so active on putting this play together as well as being on schedule Brendon was able to stand back and watch it slowly come together. He was excited to see this place he known as home start to come back to life but he needed to stay on track. He did have a plan brewing and he couldn’t let his joy get in his way.

Amanda watched Brendon lift off his Venetian styled masquerade mask off his face revealing his scars, he was used to showing her as well as it didn’t bother her, “It’s only been a couple of days Bren. They’ve barely started.”

“I know.”

Amanda sighed and walked over to the piano bench and sat down, “Something on your mind?”

Brendon leaned down to grab one of the paint cans that hadn’t been completely shut, “You could say that.”

Amanda watched as he discarded the lid next to him before standing tall with the can in his hands. He as he threw the paint on one of the stage sets Amanda shook her head and watch the colors run down towards the stage. She wasn’t going to bother trying to stop Brendon. He was always a man on a mission and trying to get him to quit or even taking a breath was a challenge.

“Well, what’s on your mind?”

“I saw the full cast list.” He admired his work, “A lot of new faces.”

“That was expected.”

“Yes, it was, but the lead? She’s so young.”

“She’s older then you were.” Brendon dropped the can and turned to Amanda, “Yes. I’m aware.”

Amanda turned to face the keys to see the piece Brendon had been working on, “But that’s not what’s bugging you is it?”

She placed her fingers on the keys to play what was written. Brendon stood quietly watching her try to work through it, trying to read through what he erased as well rewrote. It was far from complete but the harmony already starting to come together.

“No, it’s not.” He sat next to her on the bench, “Tell me more about her.”

“Well, she was one of the first that I met that was so devoted in rebuilding this place. She even helped me keep my house.” Amanda turned her head slightly with a smile as she continued to play, “She’s a fan of yours. I think she saw most of your performances. She can sing, act, dance, and even play a few notes on different instruments. She’s well rounded. Why do you ask?”

Brendon joined in playing a lower range piece with Amanda’s notes, “She almost caught me, I wanted to know who she was.”

“You can trust her.” Amanda reached for the pencil near her to right in an accent one of the notes.

“I don’t trust anyone other than you.”

“I know.” She looked over at him, “Now excuse me, I need to go. Brian and I are going out. Don’t ruin the place more then you need to.”

Brendon continued to sit alone in the darkened room with one stage light above him on. He looked back at the sets he ruined and then back to the piano. A part of him fighting and pleading to know why he would do something to set back this theatre. When Amanda told him they were going to restore the theatre he was ecstatic and was eager to see the restoration.

Then he remembered how he came to be down in this dark life and his anger lit like a summer forest fire.

Brendon swept his hand over his music with such force the pages fell away towards the floor. Brendon let out a irritated growl and banged his hands on the keys letting out a foul noise. He didn’t deserve to be down here but it wasn’t time for him to rejoin the world. He wanted to so badly but not till he felt he was ready.

No, not till this plan was finished.

Then Brendon could finally move on and start to reclaim his position in society.

♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠


“So you just saw it like this when you came in?”

Ryan nodded towards George, “I unlocked and it’s all I saw.”

Christine walked in from the side door seeing everyone crowded by the sets. When she got closer her eyebrows furred confused by all the orange paint coating parts of the stage and the sets. She looked over at Ryan and he took a deep breath trying to calm himself.

George looked at the cast, “Does anyone know someone who’d do this?”

Ryan turned to Spencer who had zoned out, “I need you to go run and get us more paint.”

Spencer nodded and the two mumbled away as George spoke again, “If anyone knows anything please see me in back or call me at any time. I know you all have my number as I have yours. I don’t care why you did it, just own up to it. If you’re going to take the time to wreck something at least take pride in owning up to it. We’re canceled for today.”

The cast broke off and Christine walked up to George, “What happened?”

“I wish I knew. Ryan said it had to have happened last night but we don’t know much. The doors were still locked when he came in.”

Ryan reached for Christine to kiss her forehead, “What next? We’ve had a light and now this?”

“Christine, do you know anyone that isn’t too happy about us being here? I know you worked closer on the community then I did. Did someone you know want to sabotage us?”

She shook her head as she looked at George, “No I don’t know anyone who would. It could just be kids pissed that they can’t have this hideout anymore. Did Amanda hear anything?”

Spencer spoke up, “Brian is asking her now.”

Christine laughed, “It’s like we have a ghost.”

Spencer beamed, “No, you mean phantom.”

Ryan rolled his eyes, “This isn’t an opera house.”

The cast let out a few laughs and side remarks, Dallon even breaking out into a musical number. Ryan soon broke up the crowd sending some of them home while parts of the stage crew heading with Spencer to pick up more paint to fix what sets they could. Christine stayed with Ryan to start cleaning the mess up. The damage had been done but to at least make an attempt was something.

Christine stayed quiet as she worked and occasionally humming to the CD player that had been left on. Ryan soon joined her as they cleaned what paint they could off of the stage. Ryan made a quiet grumbled remark about kids and Christine laughed even though she was frustrated that someone would do this.

She eventually started to sing the songs on the radio with Ryan not minding much. He loved to hear her sing and encouraged her. Though, as the two worked both not seeing the masked man on the catwalk observing them. Brendon wouldn’t admit it but he was fascinated with Christine. She reminded him of himself when he was starting out, fill of raw talent and learning how to control it.

Her voice blew him away hearing her range. He almost wanted to hear more but kept his distance from them. He didn’t want to be seen, at least not now. He sighed watching them feeling guiltily for the sets but at the same time some pride knowing that no one had known it was him.

He was going to have fun with this.

♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh its been a while hasn't it? I'm sorry. :/ I'm just trying to finish this semester out decent before I really get back into writing. Thank you all that have been so excited as well as making this journey so far amazing. I can't wait to let you guys see how this story will unfold. I know you'll love it. Thanks again. Please comment and subscribe.
Any guesses to what Brendon's plan is?