Status: End. Completed.

That Crazy Cheapskate is Mine!

chapterThree: The Rich Bastard & The Crazy Cheapskate

“So, you want me to pick you up later?” Michael wondered.

“No thanks, I’m trying to get that rich bastard to come. I bet he’s invited too,” she said.

“Oh, yes. The rich bastard,” he responded, “What do you see in that guy anyways?”

“See you tonight, Mike,” she said smiling, ignoring his question.

Alley had never bought a specially made outfit in her life. Although she owned one of the leading companies in the state, she always stood by her principle – never waste money in unnecessary things. Little did she knew, her hope for Eric to join her in the conference dinner with her made her bought the silk ivory dress, one of the most expensive gown material there was. But he said he was busy tonight and couldn’t make it.

“You seriously not going?” she asked.

“Sure,” he said simple, looking down to the piles of paper.

“You can continue that tomorrow, you know,” Alley suggested, “Come on, you’re the most important guest amongst us. You should be there.”

“Nah, I’m not going to waste my money to buy the ticket,”

“So now you’re being a cheapskate,” she mumbled.

“Did you say something?”

“I didn’t know going to a party is something you’d hate,”

“Did I mention something about hate?” Eric chuckled alone, “Woman, always assume things.”

“But you said…” she widened her eyes as she snapped. “Look, you want to go or not?”

“Nah,”

“Fine, but I’m going…”

“Okay…”

“I’m reeeeaaaally gonna go,” she said.

“Okay,” he replied, but his eyes are still fixed on the paperwork in front of him. She was frustrated with his reaction and headed her way to the door. She looked back, hoping Eric could stop her from going, or tell her how she looked tonight but neither was coming from him. Michael’s car was already waiting for her outside and soon after, they left.

Eric threw the papers that were on his hands. All the while he didn’t actually look at any of the papers. He sighed heavily, laying his head on the head of the couch. Although he didn’t really saw his face, but the fact that Alley was dropped by someone rather than him that afternoon really took it out of him.

“Why the sudden change of plans?” Michael asked her. Still wondering why she called to pick her up.

“Nothing,” she said simple.

Michael looked at her. Something in her was different tonight. She had her hair done and she wore a very beautiful gown, but her frown spoilt the mood. He smiled. After a moment, he complimented her, “You look beautiful tonight.”

“Thanks,” she said.

Michael sighed. He knew something was terribly wrong with her and Eric tonight that she lost her cheerful self somewhere. He took a deep breath before asking her, “So, you really like this housemate of yours?”

She didn’t answer but swiftly, she looked down.

“Oh my… You…Love him,” he got all excited.

Alley could feel a sudden heat ascended her body. Her tanned cheek couldn’t get tanner when she heard Michael stated the obvious. Hastily, she turned her face away from him. With a high and squeaky voice, she denied, “What made you think that?”

Michael smiled alone and sighed. Then he asked, “Have he asked you yet?”

“Who would want to go out with a cheapskate like me?”

“Why would you say that?”

“Come on Mike, I know everybody sees me as one.”

Michael was out of words. He knew that obvious fact more than everyone else. He searched in his mind, looking for an answer that will not hurt her but he was stuck with, “You don’t know that…”

Alley scanned the hall which was half filled with people from all over the world. It was the dinner night for the 25th International Convention for Entrepreneurs and being one of the largest company directors, Alley was invited as did Eric. Though Alley was a little bit upset when Eric told her he wasn’t coming, she kept herself busy talking with the important people that she finally got Eric out of her head.

Michael approached her and whispered something to her. She nodded and excused herself from the group of people. He brought her to meet a gentleman of about 6 foot tall in a brown coat. He had a pair of sparkling brown eyes that matched his brunette shoulder-length hair tied in a ponytail. Seeing her, he offered a glass of wine and greeted her.

“This is Mr. Reinbach,” Michael introduced him to her. “He is the owner of Royal Rionche and Association in Paris.”

“Alley West,” Alley introduced herself.

“Beautiful name,” Reinbach’s eyes lingered to hers as his hands reached for hers.

“Really?” Eric appeared from nowhere, interrupting the discussion between them. He placed his arms around her shoulder, winked at her and said, “I love her craziness better.”

“Eric, what are…” she stopped. Thrilled at the same time angered by his sarcasm, Alley slide away from him. Reinbach locked a killer glare at him. Eric signaled her to introduce him to them. Alley let out a sigh and said, "This is Eric, my great, ge-generous and sweet friend."

"Awe, Alley here is just my housemate," Eric pinched her on the cheek. Alley pushed his hand away. She mumbled something to herself. He giggled, "See, isnt she adorable."

Michael found it funny that he burst out laughing. Alley widened her eyes, elbowing him to stop his laughter. Michael finally stopped laughing and asked, "You meant the housemate you're referring to all these time is Eric?"

"You know him?" she asked, that she had the feeling he does. Michael nodded. She pulled up a forceful smile and pulled him out from the two gentlemen. "Excuse me for a moment."

“How do you know him?”

Michael didn’t answer. He smiled.

"You must never tell him what I told you about him," she threatened. Michael found it amusing that the girl he knew for a long time suddenly changed in an instant after meeting with the guy she barely knew. Michael realized her changes ever since they first moved in together. He finally nodded. They were about to rejoin the two gentlemen but they realized instead of Eric, Mr. Reinbach was there with his assistant.

“Where is Mr. Anderson?” Michael wondered. Michael was scanning the area and he stopped when he saw Alley had already fixed her eyes to two figures standing at the far end of the room. Eric was leaving with a very tall woman, almost as tall as he was. He had his arms around her shoulder.

***


The dinner ended after a few hours. Michael was about to leave when he saw Reinbach walked Alley out the hall. Michael flipped his phone and punched his speed dial 1. A voice answered the call and he said, “Alley left with him.”

“Are you married?” Reinbach asked her. Alley shook her head. Reinbach smiled. He gazed into her eyes and asked, “What about Eric?”

“What about Eric?” Alley asked him.

“Yeah, what about Eric?”

Reinbach and Alley turned their face around and there they saw Eric, standing by the gate, smiling and watching every move.

“What are you doing here?” Reinbach asked.

“I just love the sparkling night,” Eric responded. He wriggled his eyebrows and approached them, “The real question is what YOU are doing here?”

Reinbach looked around. He didn’t replied to his question.

“You won’t get anything from her. She’ll go crazy when it comes to money,” Eric said.

Eric gave him a threatening look, and Alley was thrilled by the change in his expression. She turned to see Reinbach and back to Eric.

“What is this?” she asked.

“Audrey Reinbach, a wanted criminal for fraud and murder, you’re under arrest!” said a woman standing before her. It was the same woman who walked away with Eric during the dinner party. Alley was still tangled with what was happening but before she could turn her face to Reinbach, a strong grip locked her arms and the next thing she knew was she was wrapped in one arm and aimed a gun to her head on another hand.

“What the hell are you doing?” she said.

“I’m sorry, Miss West,” he said.

“Let me go!” she squirmed in his arms, “You’re ruining my dress!”

Reinbach tightened his grip, somehow grinning he said, “You are in a between life and death, and you’re worried of your dress?”

“Alley, just at ease,” Eric said.

Not only him, even the woman holding the gun thought it was inappropriate for her to worry about her dress at this moment. Reinbach pulled her severely but Alley resisted and after a while, the struggling resulted in a little tear in the silk ivory gown. No words could express her rage at that particular time but she released a yell of death from her little throat. Reinbach was about to pull the trigger, but Alley’s rage pushed the gun upwards and a bullet was wasted. The police woman took this chance to shoot him and it aimed right at the shoulder.

“Michael, now!” Eric yelled. In a flash, Michael appeared from behind and grabbed Reinbach in the arms and dashed him to the earth. Alley stomped her way to Reinbach and slapped him, “YOU HAVE TO PAY FOR DESTROYING MY DRESS.”

“You really are crazy!” he said, spitting a blood.

The woman approached and cuffed him on both hands. She pulled him up to his feet. A group of police force arrived few seconds later and one van parked right next to them. She opened the van and pushed Reinbach into it. He wasn’t alone. A number of men in black was cuffed and seated in the van. She shut the door and locked them in.

“The rumors are true then. You are one crazy cheapskate,” she said smirking. Alley widened her eyes and gazed at the woman. She laughed. “I can’t believe my brother fell for you.”

“That crazy cheapskate is mine!” Eric pushed her away. “Alley, meet my twin sister, Erin.”

She still couldn’t believe what was happening. Nothing could escape her mouth.

“Reinbach’s movement specifically goes to rich woman and deceived them for their cash. We have been tracking his every move and we found out his next target is you because you owned a big company after ours. So we ambushed his men before we went for him. We track your location and check your movement. We knew you wanted to buy a cottage in Gemstone Lake so we talked Eric into renting a house there so he could be on lookout but who knows he was really attached into one of the house there and bought one for himself. And it turned out that you bought the same house,” she explained before she burst out laughing.

“If you are Eric’s sister, why…” Alley asked looking her from head to toe.

“A police?” she asked. “Well, you can’t help it if you really love to be one.”

“And Michael?” she asked.

“Isn’t he your best friend?” Eric asked.

“He is… but…” she stopped. “He didn’t tell me how he knew you but he smiled.”

“What? You want him to frown?” Eric asked.

“Nevermind!”

The twins burst out laughing. Michael came approaching and patted her on the head. He said, “Mr. Anderson is my half-brother.”

“But, why didn’t you tell me he’s your brother?”

“How should I know? You refer to him as that rich bastard,” he chuckled. Eric signaled him and his twin that he wanted to be left alone. Michael flipped his phone and excused himself, “My wife just texted, I need to go. What about you, Al?”

“I’ll send her home,” Eric swiftly offered.

“I have to go back too, I have to prepare the report,” Erin excused herself.

And they both left. And there it was, the moment of silence, and the moment where time stops turning. Alley was lost with words. Eric broke the stilled time, and initiated the first word.

“So… rich bastard?” he raised one eyebrow and gazed at her.

“Cheapskate?” she responded. She locked a killer glare to the rich bastard. He smiled cheekily, revealing all his teeth to her.

“Call it even?” he offered.

“Crazy?” Alley punched him on the arm. Eventually a smile brightened her face when she said, “Now it’s even.”

“You know, sometimes that cheapskate of yours worries me,” he said looking away. He held both her shoulder and turned her to face him. She let out a deep sigh and continued, “…especially in a situation like that.”

He wrapped his arms around her, embracing her with all he might. Slowly he released her and placed both hands on her cheeks. Alley could see the glitter in his eyes when he said, “Don’t ever scare me like that anymore…”

“You scared me once,” she said, “Why did you act so cold to me just now before the dinner and you said you couldn’t come? I thought you hated me.”

“I saw you with Michael this afternoon. I didn’t know that it was him who sent you home. It hurts me to see you with another man.”

“But you did come…”

“Erin called and said Reinbach will be at the party with you. The thought of you would be in trouble took control over me. I couldn’t bear to NOT to see you, I just couldn’t stay away from you", he stopped. He released a very pure smile and complimented, "Did I mention you look wonderful tonight?"

And soon after Alley was lost in his eyes and no words could escape her lips. And at that moment, Eric pulled her to him before he sealed the wordless lips with his for the first time. She she wrapped her arms around his neck and returned his kiss. They broke apart and the moonlight really lightened her rosy cheek, blushed away by the passion of his kiss. He stroked the hair that was swept across her face. Smirking, he said, "...but just tonight..."
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, this chapter is a bit long.
I was about to split it into two chapters but it would be inconvenience so I decided to make it a long final chapter. What I love much about this chapter is the romance =) but that's just me... I'm a cliche person.. so yeah..
Anyhow, its the end of Crazy Cheapskate.. I hope you like it!

Happy Reading!!