Sequel: We All Fall Down
Status: Updates when possible.

Memories That Fade Like Photographs

There's a look in your eye

“Kara, where are the bobby pins?” I asked as I looked hurridly around my room. I was second guessing my hair and I felt like I should just pin it up instead of leaving it down.

“You are not putting any of them in your hair. It looks perfect the way it is, seriously. Now, how do I look?” she asked once she finished putting her heels on.

I looked at her in awe. Seriously, she looked amazing!

“Rian won’t be able to keep his hands off you.” I gushed.

She rolled her eyes and smiled, “Thank you and you, you look gorgeous! Who knows, maybe something amazing will happen tonight?”

I smiled and re-applied my mascara. After that I put on my heels and looked at myself in the mirror.

Tonight’s the night. Homecoming here I come.

“Ready?” Kara asked.

I nodded my head and took a deep breath in. We went towards the staircase and started walking down. The first to notice us was my Aunt Katherine, who gasped and caught everyones attention.

That’s when everyone else gasped along with her. Jack mumbled a ‘holy shit’ while Matt and Zack’s mouths just hung open. Rian smiled widely and his eyes were dead set on Kara. I looked over at Alex whose face lit up once I made eye contact with him. Both our smiles widened as I made my last step.

Before I could get to Alex, Aunt Kay walked in front of me and embraced me into a tight hug.

“Oh my lord, you’re growing up so fast.” She hugged me so tight I chocked on my words.

“Aunt Kay, I can’t breath.”

She laughed, “Right, sorry.”

After she released me I walked over to Alex shyly.

“Hi.” I spoke softly.

“Hey..” he paused, “you look… beautiful.”

I smiled, “Thank you.”

Before he said anything else –What is with the interruptions today?- Joyce, Jack’s mom, yelled out loud, saying that it was time for pictures.

We took one with each of our dates; Alex and myself, Rian and Kara, Matt and Kendra (a girl from our music class), and Zack with Jack.

Zack said that he was meeting his date, Sydney, at the dance, but Jack felt lonely and begged him for a photo.

Then Aunt Katherine wanted me to take separate pictures with everyone. My favorite was probably when Jack pretended to propose to me but I rejected him. Then we decided to take one last photo together. First a silly one but then a serious one. On three we all smiled except Alex, who decided to kiss my cheek instead.

I blushed afterwards as Aunt Kay gave a knowing glance, but all the other parents, including Isobel gave suspicious stares. Luckily none of them brought it up so none of our friends would say anything about it.

We finally left, saying goodbye to each of our parents and Bob who thought it’d be funny to say, “Remember kids; no glove, no love!” That left a lot of us red in the face. Once in the cars we were designated to go into, we finally arrived at the dance.

As we got inside, we took a picture with our dates and immediately went to the dance floor. Th emusic kept going and we all got tired by the minute. I then went off with Kara, Zack, Sydney and Jack to get a drink. We sat at one of the tables and relaxed for a while.

“The dance is actually really nice.” I said with a smile as I looked around.

“Be lucky we forced you to go. It wouldn’t be the same without you Lulu.” Kara smiled.

I nodded, “Right… So Zack, Sydney…” I said as their attention turned to me, “How do you two know each other?”

Sydney rolled her eyes with a soft smile, “This goofball ran me over with his skateboard.”

“Zachary Merrick! I thought you were better than that!” I playfully scolded him.

“Well it was the only possible way to get her attention. I don’t know how many times I skated past her trying to impress her.”

“Oh I noticed.” She smirked.

“You’re a mean little thing.” He smiled with a playful glare.

We all laughed as they started being cute together, but when a song came on that Sydney liked they got up and left. Kara then excused herself to go find Rian, which left me and Jack by ourselves.

“How aer you, Lucy?” Jack asked with a smile.

I smiled back, “I’m good and yourself?”

“Pretty good, enjoying life.”

“Why do you have no date? I thought for sure you would have one.”

“I felt like going by myself. Enjoy my last homecoming with friends instead of with a slut, you know?”

I laughed, “Yes, because I would know what its like bringing a slut home.”

“Who knows you could bring one back tonight?” he shrugged.

“Like who?” I laughed.

“Alexandra Gaskank.” He smirked

I rolled my eyes, “Very funny Jack.”

He smiled but it quickly went away as he gave me a questioning stare.

“So Lulu, who do you like more?”

I furrowed my eyebrows, “Who?”

“Alex or me.”

I smiled and looked at the dance floor where Alex was dancing weirdly with our friends. I didn’t even have to answer Jack as he just smiled back softly but happily.

“I thought so.” He said as he stood up and kissed my head, before excusing himself as a slow song came on. When he left I sat there listening to the song.

What if I told you it was all meant to be? Would you believe me, would you agree…?

I smiled as I saw Alex walk up to me. Once he got there he held out his hand with a sweet smile and asked, “May I have this dance.”

I smiled and took his hand, “ Of course.”

We walked towards the crowd and he twirled me in a circle before we held each other close. I laughed at his cheesiness when we started to dance.

“You know this has been the best homecoming in all the four years I’ve gone to this school.” He said randomly.

“Why is that?”

He smiled, “Because I got to take you.”

I rolled my eyes and plyfully hit his shoulder.

“You know it’s true.” He accused me.

I laughed, “I know it’s a lie, but if it makes you feel better this is the best Homecoming I’ve ever been to.”

“Why’s that?” he smiled.

“Because you asked me.”

“Now I don’t doubt that.” He said cockily.

“This is why I don’t like boosting your ego. You turn into Alexandra Gaskank!”

“You’ve been hanging out with Jack too much.” He laughed.

“He’s good to have around.”

“That he is.”

I smiled sweetly and pulled myself closer to him and rest my head on his shoulder. There where two things I could hear right now and that was the beat of the music and Alex quietly singing along with the lyrics.

But ‘till I awake, can we make this dream last forever, and I’ll cherish all the love we share,

I looked up at Alex as the chorus started going. He started singing louder, as if he were performing it himself. I tried not to laugh at how cute it was…

For a moment like this. Some people wait a lifetime, for a moment like this. Some people search forever for that one special kiss! Oh, I can’t believe it’s happening to me, some people wait a lifetime,

“For a moment like this.” Alex sang quieter as he stared at me. By now a lot of people were staring at his outburst but it didn’t matter because it was just me and him.

“Lucy, I want you to know that I really like you.” He said as he rested his forehead on mine.

My hands made their way to the back of his neck and I started to play with the ends of his hair… is it bad that it felt so natural?

“I really like you too, Alex.” Probably more that you’ll ever know.

“When I’m around you, I can’t explain it so well, but it’s like you’re the only person there. If we’re in a room full of people, I can hear you from far away. You’re the best thing I have in my life right now. You understand me and”- I cut him off by kissing him.

I had to shut him up somehow!

We kissed sweetly and eventually pulled apart. I smiled widely just as he did the same. Our foreheads rested on each other’s as Alex began to studder his words.

“Lucy, do you, um, do you want to be, um, be my girlfriend?”

I smiled and kissed him again.

When I pulled away he cuckeld, “I hope that was a yes.”

I nodded my head, “I thought you’d never ask.”

After I said that we both jumped when we heard clapping and cheering. We turned to see our friends crowded around us and congradulating us.

Jack then yelled, “Finally you two are official! I thougth I was going to have to steal Lucy away from you if nothing happened!”

I rolled my eyes, “Only in your dreams, Jack.”

“And they’re such amazing dreams. With you riding my enormous”-

“Okay!” Alex yelled as he cut off Jack. “Thank you, Jack for that nice information. Now please don’t dream of my girlfriend like that again.”

I smiled, “Girlfriend; I like the sound of that.”

“I like you.” He smiled as he wrapped his arms around my waist from behind.

“You’re too kind.” I laughed.

“Well congrats to the both of you. Now let’s finish this night off with an amazing ending!” Rian cheered.

We cheered along with him and started dancing to the faster paced song.

I could honestly say that after this night life might seem to be picking up. If only Alex knew that my feelings were stornger that what he thinks they are. Hopefully when he feels the same it’ll be better than ever!
♠ ♠ ♠
Kara's dress
Lucy's dress

As I promised (:

But, no one left me comments on the last chapter. That makes me really sad, and I'm starting to get upset about writing this story.

When I'm on vacation, I promise to write the next chapters (possibly the ending?) but I want you guys to continue giving me comments or else I won't post anymore of this story.

Please? For me?

Comment, Subscribe, and Recommend Please :3