Sequel: We All Fall Down
Status: Updates when possible.

Memories That Fade Like Photographs

I'd hate to watch you cry

The next morning when I woke up, I smiled instead of dreaded waking up so early. I really felt happy, happier than I’ve ever been. I got ready for school and when I saw that I had plenty enough time before Alex came to pick me up, I decided to write to my parents.

Dear Mom and Dad,

It’s been a while since I’ve written to you guys. I miss you both so much. Not being able to see you two every single day still kills me, but I’d have you know that I’m not as sad as I used to be. Actually, I’m so much happier than what I was.

That Alex boy that I’ve told you about before, well he asked me out at Homecoming. He was even my date. He’s such a sweet boy. Daddy, you’d like him, and Mom you’d probably already be planning a wedding. Aunt Katherine has known him since his family first moved out here, she even knew his brother, Tom. If you ever come across him, tell him I say hi and that Alex is doing just fine. He misses him, but loves him so much. Can you do that for me? And tell him that I love him too and that I wish I could have met him.

Alex makes me really happy and I think I might be in love with him, but I don’t want to say it untill I know he feels the same way. Last night I let it slip, and I can’t help but feel like things are going to be awkward between us. What if we break up and we never really get to expeirence the life of actually being together.

I have some bigger news to tell both of you though. Aunt Katherine is dating Robert Dawson, Rian’s dad. He’s really good to her, and they’ve been friends since I was eight. I’m not sure if you've ever met him, but if you have I know you’ll both approve of him; I already have. They’ve been secretely dating for two months but didn’t tell any of us till last night. Chase was all for it, Rian was excited and I just grew happier by the second. I consider Aunt Katherine my second mom, even though she can never replace Mom, I’ll always consider her another mom. I’m happy that in a few years I’ll have Rian and Chase as older brothers.

I love you both and I hate that you two aren’t here to see this. I miss you both so much. I hope you look down on all of us and see how much better we’re doing.

Yours truly,
Lucy


By the time I was done, there was a knock on the door. I got up to answer it, but the person already unlocked the door and came inside. I smiled when I saw Alex’s figure.

“Hey, let me go throw this in my room and I’ll be right down, alright?” I told him as I gave him a kiss on the cheeck as I passed him.

“I’ll be here.” he said when I was half way up the stairs.

I threw my book on my desk and grabbed my backpack and jacket. It’s already starting to get colder and I’m getting even more excited every single day because the closer to winter break the closer Brooke and Moose are coming to visit.

When I got downstairs I noticed Alex leaning on the door frame as it was held open. When he saw me coming down he looked up and smiled.

“Ready to go?” he asked.

I nodded, “Yes, I am and before you ask, yes I told Rian late last night and he said it was okay. Now let’s go.”

He laughed and we went straight to his car. I hopped into the passengers seat and he went to the drivers seat. On our way there we sang loudly to Blink 182. Once we arrived at school and the car was parked and turned off, we sat there in silence. I can already tell what was next.

I sighed, “Alex, I don’t want there to be awkwardness between us. Whatever is bugging you, please tell me.”

“Nothing’s bugging me, Lucy. It’s just pure curiousity.”

I looked at him, “And what is it that you’re curious about?”

“Is it true?” he asked.

“What is?”

“Last night, when you were in a hurry to kill Rian and Chase you said”-

“That I love you?”

“Yeah.”

“Alex”- I was about to begin but he cut me off by pulling me into a kiss. It was sweet and kind and it made me fall completely in love with him. I guess that just proves that I’m in love with him.

When we pulled away his left his hand on my cheek and stroked underneath my eye. I looked up at him with my blue eyes and met his brown ones.

“I love you, Alex. I really do, and I understand it’s too soon but I want you to know that you’ve helped me with so much, and you understand me. We push each other to make each other stronger, and every time I see you, I can’t help but feel happier.”

He smiled and kissed me again, but I can already feel it coming.

“Lucy, the first time I met you I couldn’t take me eyes off of you and I knew I had to have you. I was incredibly jealous when you and Jack were a thing and then the whole Ross thing. It just bugged me so much and I thought my chances with you were slim to none. You understand me, you read between the lines. You know me better than I know myself…”

“But…” I sighed.

He smiled, “But I want you to know”-

“Alex, wait, nevermind. I already know. It’s too soon, you don’t have the same feelings. Yada, yada, yada. I get it. Let’s just go see everyone else.” I sighed and quickly got out of his car and headed inside. Once I made it through the doors where all the kids met up with their friends I was pulled by the hand and spun into Alex’s chest. The next thing I knew his lips were attached to mine and he gave me a kiss I’ve never experience before. It felt compassionate, and like he was tring to get my attention. It also felt like he was almost trying to tell me something.
When we pulled away I looked at him, really looked at him, but nothing clicked.

“What was that for?” I asked

He smiled gently, “You know you should really shut up and let me finish what I want to say sometimes.”

I sighed, “I’m sorry.”

“Now, can I tell you what I was going to say?” he asked and I nodded letting him know he can continue. “I love you, Lucy.”

Did he really just say that? I felt my eyes start to tear up and a small smile spread across my face.

“Really?”

He nodded, “Yeah, I do.”

There was a lot of whispering going around us and I can feel all eyes on us. I leaned up and kissed him softly.

“I love you, Alex.”

He smiled and kissed my cheek before grabbing my hand and lacing our fingers together. We walked over to my locker where all our friends were. Kara was the first to say something.

“Rumor has it that the ‘L’ word has been said between the newest couple at Dulaney High.” She smiled at the two of us. I looked at Alex with confused eyes and he did the same thing. Then we both mumbled at the same time, “Damn, word spreads fast around here.”

Jack’s eyes lit up, “Okay, that was weird.”

“What was?” we said in unison. We looked at each other and narrowed our eyes, “Hey!”

Everything we said was together. It was the weirdest thing.

“Stop that!”

“I’m not kidding!”

“Why is this happening?”

We were both quiet as Jack held his hands on our mouths. He then asked, “What’s your favorite color?”

We both gave him a weird look before saying, “Blue.”

I gave him a weird look just as he did me. This was pretty interesting. Jack continued to ask questions.

“Favorite superhero?”

“Batman.” our eye’s widened.

“Number?”

“Twenty-three.”

“Candy?”

“Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup.”

“Alright this is just weird.” I heard Kara mumble to Rian and Matt who both said, “Uh huh.”

“Who’s you’re best guy friend in the whole wide universe?!” Jack said excitedly. Alex and our faces dropped now understanding where he was headed. Then that evil smirk we both have grew on our faces as we both said, “Rian and Matt.”

“Yes, I- Hey, wait, what?” he asked as Alex and I both jumped on him giving him the biggest hug ever. “What do you mean Rian and Matt are your best friends? What the hell is going on here? Alex are you cheating on me? I knew it, it’s because of Lucy. She dragged you to the dark side.”

I laughed, “Thanks Jack. I’m glad you feel that way about me. I’d have you know I’m getting more action than you ever will with Alex.”

“You evil bitch! Take that back.” Jack gasped and said in a girly tone.

“Hey now, there’s plenty of Alex to go around.” Alex said calmly as he pushed Jack and I away from each other.

“You know what Lucy the one thing you and Alex will never have is history and that’s exactly what him and I have.” He challenged me. Then he took Alex’s hand and gave him a big kiss on the lips.

“You know Jack, other girls might have been jealous, maybe even pissed that you did that. But I’m not other girls. So, thank you for not proving anything to me. Love you Jack-a-roo.” I smiled as I took Alex’s hand from his and walked all the way to class with him. But of course Jack had to say something before we turned the corner.

“This won’t be the last of me, Lulu! Alex will be mine! Love you both!”

We both laughed as we walked to History together. When we sat down I kissed Alex’s cheek.

“He’s the weirdest guy ever, and I’m glad he’s our best friend.”

“Yeah, he’s great.” Alex agreed.

I looked over at him and smiled, “You’re the best thing that has ever happened to me, Lex.”

He smiled back, “And you’re the best thing that’s ever walked into my life.”

“Promise me something.” I said to him as our faces moved closer so we could peck each others lips.

“What is it?” he asked as we pecked each other’s lips again.

“Promise me that you’ll never leave me. Even if we break up we’ll still be friends, and we’ll always look back at the good times and never the bad ones.”

He smiled, “You forgot one part.”

“What would that be?”

“That if we never break up and still have this relationship in the future then we’ll marry each other.”

“You’d want to marry me?” I smiled as I leaned closer.

“I’d marry you now if I could.”

I kissed his lips and said, “Okay. Do you promise me all of that then?”

“I promise as long as you promise me too.”

“I promise.” I smiled against his lips as I kissed him longer than before. Then a flash went off. We pulled away and looked at the girl holding the camera in front of us.

“Kara, really? You had to take a picture?”

“I’m sorry, it was just so tempting. I couldn’t help myself. I actually took a bunch of photos and Rian filmed it all with my other camera.”

“You have two cameras?”

“Yes.”

I laughed, “Can’t miss a moment of high school, can you?”

“Not at all.” she laughed as she took one more photo of me and Alex.

“Kara, I suggest you and Mr. Dawson put away the electronics now before I take them away.” Mr. Baker said as he stood at the front of the class. Rian stopped recording and handed Kara her camera. She put them away and Mr. Baker started class.

Alex silently leaned over and grabbed my hand and laced our fingures together. I smiled softly at his touch and he brushed his thumb on my hand. Our teacher walked by our aisle section and rolled his eyes but smiled at the end. We were still discussing the Medevil times and the last thing he told us was, “Back then everyone married young, and to put it in your guy’s terms if they weren’t married at a young age then they were considered to become old hags who will never be married off. But today it’s now illegal and then one’s wishing to get married as soon as they can just call it young love. And there are many of you in this class that know how that is. Even I can say that I had that feeling of young love. I married my high school sweetheart and no one would have ever thought that we’d make it. Now you all have proof that some of this love still exists.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Short and sweet. Another update coming your way (:

I'm sorry I'm about to go comment crazy on you guys but if I don't get at least 3 comments after the next chapter then I won't post the next chapter and there won't be a sequel.

How many people actually read this anyway? I'm not even sure if there is anyone interested.
I'm getting upset with this. So, please comment if you want to keep this going. Sorry /:

Tell me what you think! Was it good? Was it bad? A simple 'UPDATE SOON!' will do as well.
ANYTHING PLEASE!!!

now that, that is done....

outfit!

**also sorry if there is any mistakes. I'm really tired and too lazy to look over it. I will later though, i promise!