Sequel: We All Fall Down
Status: Updates when possible.

Memories That Fade Like Photographs

Don't let this memory fade away

“Ow!” I mumbled groggily as I hit the floor.

I’m guessing that was my wake up call? Oh wow, does my head hurt! Fuck these fucking hangovers. Shoot, now I have to get up and take Brooke and Moose to the fucking airport. Did we really have to throw a party the day before they had to go home? This is a bunch of horse shit.

“Wait, how did I end up on the floor?” I said quietly to myself.

I got up, trying to ignore the massive throb in my head, only to see Jack spread out like a starfish on my bed.

“Bed hog.” I muttered.

Looking at the clock, I groaned once I saw it was 9:43 in the morning. Moose and Brooke’s plane leaves at noon. I might as well wake someone up, but first a nice shower for myself.

After I did everything to clean the alcohol smell off me and changed into some comfortable lounging clothes. I went to Moose’s room first since I knew how Brooke was with a hangover except Moose was a different story. He was cranky, but somehow still had manners. After sending him off in the shower, I went downstairs to get some Tylenol for my headache, but I tripped over something on my way there. They body groaned and I looked down to find Zack.

I laughed at him, noticing the penis drawn on his cheek with lipstick. He rubbed his eyes to wake himself up more and looked up at me with a curious look.

“What are you laughing at?” he mumbled tiredly.

I shook my head, “I know I’m a party pooper, but since it’s over I’ll tell you to be nice, but you have a red penis drawn on your cheek.”

His eyes widened as he wiped his cheek to find the red lipstick on his hands.

“Sydney…” he muttered to himself before standing up.

“Well, I’m going to clean this off and wake the others up.”

I nodded and stifled my laugh, “Okay. Make sure you guys clean up a little for me. I’ll probably vacuum tomorrow or later.”

He smiled, “No problem. By the way do you have any”-

I cut him off because I already knew what he was about to ask for.

“Pain kills, yes. I was just about to get some myself.”

I went to the medicine cabinet and grabbed the bottle of Tylenol. I dumped a bunch out and then grabbed ten glasses and filled them up with water. I put two pills next to each glass and slid one over to Zack as I took mine.

We both downed each glass once we finished the pills.

“Make sure everyone else takes there’s.” I told him as I refilled the glass and put the pills away after leaving enough for everyone.

“I will. Who are those for? Alex?” he asked.

I frowned, “They’re for Jack. He stayed the night since Alex went MIA. He never showed up last night.”

“I know he was here, but yeah he was missing for quite sometime. No one saw him afterwards.”

I smiled sadly, “Thanks Zack. I’ll call him later though.”

He nodded his head and I went upstairs and into my room. I left the medicine and water on my nightstand for Jack before going over to Brooke’s room to wake her up. I stopped myself as I remembered the moans coming out of her mouth. Hopefully the guy was gone by now.

I opened the door and was going to tell her to wake up but I choked at the sight in front of me.

There in the bed was something I wished I’d never seen. Now I understood what she meant because she certainly was the serpent beneath the flower... My best friend and my boyfriend were both in the same bed. I knew they were both naked since their clothes littered the ground in front of me.

My mouth hung open and I could feel my eyes start to water, but the one thing that hurt was the pain of feeling stabbed in the back and my heart. I watched intently as they both stirred awake. Brooke was the first to notice me and without saying a word an evil glint in her eyes showed off. It was like she was saying she had won?

When Alex awoke, his eyes landed on mine. Being tired he smiled which only caused my heart to break more. He rubbed his eyes and then say my pained expression.

He looked confused; but after connecting eyes with me they dragged to the floor to see the scattered clothes, then at the bed sheet that covered him below his stomach, and then finally over to Brooklyn who was covered at her chest. Putting the pieces together in his head made his eyes go wide and his mouth fell open.

“Lucy, I can expl”-

I cut him off. “Save it Alex. I don’t want to hear it. Just get dressed and leave so it’ll be easier.”

“Lucy, please.” He begged as he pulled his boxers on. I finally let the tears escape and a whimper pass through. Without saying a word I ran to my bedroom, locking the door behind me. I fell to the floor in tears and cried my eyes out. I guess all the noise woke Jack up, but he looked like he’d been up for quite sometime since he asked me the question right when I hit the floor.

“What’s wrong? Lucy, what happened? He worried.

Jack picked me up from the ground and carried me to my bed. He cradled me as I cried on his shoulder. When I calmed down enough to speak I told him everything.

“I went to wake Brooklyn up to get ready, but I remembered about her sleeping with some guy last night. Thinking he’d be gone I walked in but I was wrong. She didn’t sleep with some random boy, Jack.”

He furrowed his eyebrows, “You don’t mean”-

I cried because he already knew. He just didn’t want it to be true.

“Yes, Jack. I do mean it. Brooklyn slept with Alex. This basically means that he cheated on me! God,
I’m such an idiot. Every guy I like either doesn’t like me or they use me to get closer to Brooke. And what do you know; the guy I thought was in love with me ended up with her. I’m pathetic.” I whimpered.

“You’re not pathetic, Lucy. You’re beautiful and kind and any guy would be lucky to have you. Now if you excuse me, I need to go take care of something.” Jack glared at my door.

He set me down on my bed and I started to silently cry in my pillow. Before he left he kissed my head and said he’d be right back. Once he opened the door I heard Alex, but the door quickly shut and all I could hear were the two fighting.

“Jack let me talk to her.” Alex pleaded.

“So you could hurt her more? I don’t think so.” Jack said sternly.

“But I didn’t”- Alex voice was cut off and I didn’t know what happened but I’m guessing the loud slap gave me my answer.

“Fine, I get it. I deserved that”-

“Oh you deserve a lot more than that.” Jack stated.

“Why do you even care? This has nothing to do with you.”

“You’re really asking me that? I care because Lucy’s my friend, actually my best friend. If something or someone hurts her, I will get involved, even if it’s you. You’re my best friend too, Lex but she’s not at fault here. It’s you who is.”

“You don’t think I know that? Just let me fucking talk to her so she knows herself!” Alex yelled.

Each word he kept saying made me angrier by the second. My sadness quickly disappeared and I couldn’t help the urge from getting up and ripping my door open. When Alex saw me his gaze softened but I stormed over to him and with all the anger built inside me I couldn’t help but slap him across the face.

Alex cried in pain, “What the hell?!”

“Do you want me to do it again, Lex? I can and I will, maybe then you’ll finally get that fact that you cheated on me through your thick fucking skull!” I yelled as I punched, slapped, and hit him over and over. Finally, Jack pulled me off of him and I broke down right there. I fell into Jack’s arms and cried. I looked up to see Alex but there was a different look to him, one that I’ve seen before. He was jealous. When his eyes went between Jack and I it was still there but also a mixture of sadness and heartbreak.

“Oh… I see.” Was all he said, I knew what he was thinking.

He thought that Jack was here to pick me up on my feet. He thinks I’m going to replace him.

“Don’t give us that look, Alex.” I cried, “This is between you and me. Jack is only being a good friend. Nothing is going on between him and me.”

He sighed, “You know I didn’t mean to”-

“Cheat on me? Right, of course you didn’t. You would never do such a thing.”

“Will you let me talk?!” he yelled.

“No, I won’t! Right now I just want you out of my face.”

“I just need to”-

“You need nothing here! Leave!”

“Lucy, will you please”-

“Do you not see how much I hate you right now?! Do you not see the big elephant in the room? You slept with my best friend! All I want you to do is leave me alone!”

“You don’t hate me, do you?” he asked as he tried holding his tears. Seeing him like that made me want to take back my words, but I’m not going to show him how weak he makes me.

Alex nodded as a tear escaped his eye, “Alright, I’m leaving…” He walked down the stairs but before leaving he looked back at me and said, “I-I’m sorry, Lucy.” Then he was gone.

I cried as I heard the front door shut and Jack sat there and comforted me. I cried for fifteen minutes straight before I calmed down. By now it was just silent tears and attempting to regain my breath. Jack held me in his lap and rubbed my arm up and down soothingly. Eventually Rian came upstairs with a frown on his face.

“I think I already know the answer but are you okay?”

I shook my head, “No, I feel like shit and I feel like crying some more but I’m not going to because I don’t want to cry anymore.”

Rian sighed, “Is there anything I can do?”

“Can you drive Moose and Brooklyn to the airport since I clearly haven’t spoken to her yet. Probably not till she shows up to leave.”

He nodded, ‘Yeah, I can. Is there anything else?”

I felt a lot of tears fall down my face and soon my vision got blurry. I looked up at Rian and cried, “All I want is the pain to be over with Rian. After my parents I thought that it couldn’t get any worse that that, but this… this hurts so much more.”

I turned my head and cried more into Jack’s shirt. Rian sighed and kissed my head before going downstairs.

Soon Jack brought me back to my room to lie down and relax, but it seemed like he had fallen asleep and I just laid next to him in the quiet. I sighed before getting up and heading downstairs to the kitchen. I grabbed a cup and placed it on the island before going to the fridge and grabbing some fruit punch. Turning around I noticed the devil herself leaning on the kitchen opening that lead to the dining room.

Not giving her any gratitude I poured myself a glass before putting the juice away. As I took a sip she laughed, making me put the cup down and giving her a look while bitterly saying, “What?”

“You must be so broken. The love of your life just broke your heart because he slept with your best friend. Pity, you didn’t get to fuck him first but I can tell you one thing, he’s really good. He certainly knows how to treat a girl.”

“Are you done?” I asked. Not really wanting to have this conversation. It shouldn’t be a conversation at all.

“Oh no, I’m far from done. I guess you didn’t take in my warnings. Aren’t friends supposed to do that? Oh wait, it looks like neither of us did. I didn’t when you warned me about Derek, and you didn’t with Alex.”

“I didn’t sleep with Derek when you two dated. I was living here.”

“Exactly you were here, nor there. Do you know why I did all this, Lucy?”

“What? Sleep with Alex? You had a reason?” I asked, shocked at the fact that this was all a plan.

“There’s a reason for everything. I just wanted to test the waters, Lulu.” She said simply.

I gave her a confused look and was about to speak but before I could say anything she asked, “Do you want to know the name Derek called out the first time we had sex?”

I gulped but didn’t answer. What does any of this have to do with the fact that she slept with Alex? What does my relationship with Alex have to do with any of this.

“He called out your name Lucy. My boyfriend, called out your name. So I thought maybe if I slept with your boyfriend then maybe you’d hear him and feel the pain that I felt. But I was wrong. The only name that ever passed his lips was you. You’re his first choice. You’re the one that everyone wants. I hope you’re happy.”

I scoffed, “That was suppose to make me better? You think that because he said my name instead of yours, everything would be better? Are you really that heartless?”

“I was only trying to show you that not every guy you’re with loves you the way you think. I was protecting you.” She said softly.

“So this was all some stupid game to you? A game you played by yourself? Have you gone mad?”

“Lucy, I’m sorry.” She pleaded. What the hell is wrong with her?!

“Save it. Your pity isn’t worth it. You’re crazy and I can’t believe you would do such a thing.”

“You’re going to let some guy get between our friendship?” she asked bitterly.

“Don’t blame Alex for this, Brooke! You’re the one that made it like this?”

“But we’re best friends! Our friendship should”-

I cut her off. “What friendship? My friends don’t sleep with my boyfriend to protect me!”

“Lucy”-

“No, I don’t care anymore. You won Brooklyn, you got rid of Alex and you ruined our friendship. Now leave because you’re not welcome.”

She narrowed her eyes at me, “You don’t mean that. By the time I get home you’ll ask for my friendship back.”

“For being my so-called ex-best friend you surely knew absolutely nothing about me.” I spat.

Before she could utter another word Moose walked in to let Brook know it was time to go. She left with a huff and Moose stood there and sighed. He turned to me with an apologetic look.

“I’m sorry about her, Lucy. I really don’t know what’s been going on with her. She hasn’t been the same since Derek.” Moose explained.

“It’s fine. Just suck to know I’ve lost her.”

He smiled sadly, “You haven’t lost me, but make sure you call my dad and tell him what’s happened. He’ll believe you over me.”

I nodded, “I will. Thank you, Moose.”

“Anytime, Lucy.” He said as he gave me a hug. We said our goodbyes and after he left I locked the door behind him and went upstairs to my room to find Jack wide awake.

I sat down on my bed and sighed. He took a hold of my hand and before he said a word my phone went off. I picked it up from my nightstand only to see it was Alex calling. I hit ignore hoping he’d get the message but then Jack’s phone went off. He sighed and took the call, much to my disliking.

“Hello?” he put the phone on speaker.

“Hey, are you still at Lucy’s?” Alex asked.

“Yeah, why?”

“Can I talk to her?” he asked hopefully.

Jack sighed, “No.”

“Why?”

“Alex, not now okay. She just isn’t in the mood. Brooklyn just left and that was probably a big weight lift off her shoulders.”

I nodded my head telling Jack that is actually was, but it still didn’t make anything better.

“Well what’s she doing now?” he asked.

“Sleeping.” Jack said instantly.

“Why’d you answer so quickly?” Alex retorted.

“I’m staring right at her. Don’t get sassy.”

Alex sighed, “Fine…”

There was a long pause as the two were both quiet.

“Hey Jack…” Alex said.

“Yeah?”

“I’m sorry about today. I didn’t mean for any of this to happen.”

“You shouldn’t be apologizing to me Lex.”

“I know but you’re like a brother to me and I don’t want this to come between us… any of us. I just want this to be between me and Lucy while everyone around us stays the same. This is something that needs to be handled without everyone picking sides.”

Jack sighed, ‘That’s fine with me, but it’ll be hard for you for a while. You know how everyone feels about Lucy. Especially Rian, Kara, and Zack.”

“Yeah, I know.” He sighed.

“I hope you two get through this eventually.” Jack said as he looked at me.

“I hope so too… Are we good?”

“We’re good. I’ll talk to you later though. I’m afraid I’m going to wake Lucy up.”

“Yeah, alright. Bye Jack.”

“Bye, Lex”-

“Wait!” Alex said.

“What?” Jack curiously asked.

“Thank you – for looking after her. It means a lot to me.”

“I’m not doing it for you, Alex.”

“I know, but still. Thank you.”

Jack nodded even though Alex couldn’t see him. “No problem, Lex. I’ll talk to you later.”

“Okay, bye.”

“Bye.”

After Jack hung up his phone he sighed.

“This is all my fault.” I mumbled, looking away from him.

“What is?” he questioned.

“You and Alex are fighting and everyone is going to hate”-

“Lucy, shut up. Nothing is changing. We get it, we go through rough patches and a few people get dragged with us. It all happens but we’ll get through it. I promise.”

I sighed, “I still feel at fault but I guess you’re right.”

“I’m always right.” He smirked. I scoffed at him but I couldn’t contain the smile that grew on my face.

“There’s that pretty smile.” Jack cooed as he pulled me into a hug.

I kissed his cheek, “Thank you Jack. I need that. But now I need to make a phone call.”

“To whom?”

“Fred, Brooklyn and Moose’s dad.”

“Okay.” He said as he held me tighter. I guess he didn’t care to be here or not, so I called Fred while I rested against Jack’s chest.

After two rings he picked up. “Lucy! It’s so good to hear from you! What can I do for you at this lovely moment?”

“Hey Fred. If you’re not busy I need to tell you about what I found out this week about Brooke.”

“What do you mean?”

“Well you’re not going to be happy but while Brooke and Moose were her, she told me about some things that she does.”

“Like what?” he asked.

“Um, well, she said that she messes around with some band boys she finds interesting at the studio. She also said that she sleeps with a bunch of guys just for the hell of it to get pleasure out of something.”

“Is what you’re saying the truth?”

I sighed, “I would never lie to you, Fred. You’ve been great friends with my family for years. My father considered you his brother. I respect you enough to never tell a lie to you.”

“Thank you, Lucy. May I ask you if you know how my daughter got like this?”

“You remember that boy Derek I used to date?”

“Yes.”

“Well, she dated him after me and I guess when she finally slept with him, he said my name and Moose said she’s been messed up badly since then. He even apologized for her actions over the visit here and that was it. Now they’re both on their way home.”

“Alright. Thank you, Lucy. I have one more thing to ask though because I can feel the tension through the phone.”

“Y-yes?” I hesitated

“What happened over the break between you and Brooklyn?”

I gulped and shut my eyes tightly. I don’t really want to tell him, but it’s important. I have to do it.

“Brooklyn felt like she needed to get back at me. She put a lot of thoughts into my head and when I least expected it, she got her way. She slept with my boyfriend, thinking he’d say her name, but he didn’t. Thus leading me to find them in bed together…” I paused trying to breath so the tears would calm down.

“My heart was broken and my back was stabbed. Brooke said it was all a game, but she didn’t know she was the only one playing. I’m sorry Fred but I can’t forgive her and I never will. She’s screwed me over too many times.”

It was silent on the other line, but I started to calm down quicker than usual. Breathing was helping, the silence was helping, and Jack tracing shapes onto my hand was helping. I hope I can get through this.

Fred sighed heavily on the other line before he finally spoke up.

“You and Brooklyn have been friend since kindergarten, but no matter what, every week you would fight about God know what. I understand your situation and I support you. I want you to know that the ending of your friendship with my daughter will not effect the fact that this company is still yours. You’re the rightful owner until you come to take full custody of it.”

I smiled, “Thank you, Fred. That really means a lot. I’m still thinking things through so I’ll get back to you on that. Make sure you take care of it though.”

“No problem, honey.”

“Alright. I’ll talk to you soon. Goodbye Fred.”

“Bye Lucy. Take care.”

“You too.” I smiled before hanging up, then the amount of stress dropped that smile and ended up as a sigh. I leaned farther into Jack’s body causing him to chuckle.

“You always find a way to laugh in every tough situation, don’t you?” I asked

“No, it’s just that this is stupid. Alex is stupid for doing this to you. Drunk or not, he’s stupid. I can tell you right now this is going to eat him alive.”

“Good.” I hugged, “The bitch deserves it.”

“Yes, she does. Alexandria Gaskank is a walking stick of herpes.” Jack joked.

I laughed and actually felt happy. The second time today and in the worst situation ever, Jack was there to make me feel better.

He looked down at me happily before saying, “How about we watch a bunch of movies, pig out on junk food and get drunk?” he suggested.

“That, my friend, sounds like the best idea thus far.” I agreed.

We then started off with a bunch of movies and food. By the time it got to five o’clock we started drinking. Aunt Kay called to say it’d be another night before her and Robert got back but I didn’t get to answer my phone because I was too busy being drunk off my ass with my best friend, but who know what could happen that night what I was lonely, drunk, and craved for attention. It seemed like Jack was the same way too because when one thing leads to another it was all in a drunk moment. No fucks were given. No thoughts about Alex. No thoughts about Brooklyn. Just me and Jack, drunk off our asses and our bodies tangled together. It was one of the things that none of our friends will ever find out about.
♠ ♠ ♠
Lucy

I promise, it gets better ;D
I love how this story is turning out. I'm sorry that it had to be like that, but seriously, it gets SO MUCH BETTER!<333

6 chapters left guys! EXACTLY SIX CHAPTERS LEFT!! I have a sequel, so subscribe to that if you're enjoying this one (:

Comments would be nice!

It's called, "We All Fall Down" and I love how it's turning out. I have a few chapters written but the beginning is sort of shaky. I don't know how to make it amazing for you guys to be drawn towards it /:
But please do subscribe and comment if you'd like.
I already have 10 subscribers for it! That makes me incredibly happy you guys (: