Sequel: We All Fall Down
Status: Updates when possible.

Memories That Fade Like Photographs

You were the best part of my life, my last regret

I told Rian everything that happened the night my parents were murdered. He was quiet the whole time I told my story. When I was finished telling him about it all, he held me close to his chest as I cried myself to sleep. The next morning, when I woke up alone in my bed, I decided that now would be the best time to write in my journal.

Dear Mom and Dad,
Tomorrow is the first day of school and knowing you won’t see me on my first day of senior year hurts, I don’t even want to know what I’ll feel like on graduation day.
Last night I went to a bonfire with my neighbor Rian and his friends. It was fun at first but the party mood kind of got killed when Alex, one of the guys, his ex-girlfriend came and decided to ruin the fun. I guess I did ruin the mood too with what I said to her, but she put me in that position so, I blame her more…
Zack Merrick is one of my new friends. I thought I should let you know, dad. His parents grew up with you and Aunt Katherine. He knows what happened to but he promised me that everything would be alright. I trust him enough to believe what he says but I have a feeling there may be a few bumps in the road.
Aunt Katherine went to New York last night, I’m not sure what for but I don’t even know if she’s home yet, I haven’t checked. But, last night I felt so afraid of being by myself that I had Rian stay the night with me. I told him about what happened to you guys and he promised he wouldn’t say a word about it to anyone else… I don’t even know why I can’t tell anyone. It’s just not a subject to really bring up…
I really miss you two. I still don’t understand how something like this could happen to me, an innocent human being. What was God’s plan for me? Was he giving me a cruel punishment for sneaking out? Or was it all a complete accident?
I want to think this is all a dream and I’d be waking up soon to the smell of mom’s chocolate chip pancakes, but I know I’m still stuck in reality. I don’t understand why it can’t be a dream though? I wish life was just a dream and I could just wake up and call this a nightmare. I’m so afraid; I don’t know what to do anymore.
I need you both more than ever. I need you guys to be here and keep me safe. I wish I could’ve kept you safe that night but I was too stupid to think of the consequences. I’m sorry that I failed you both. I’m so sorry…


Yours Truly,
Lucy Ann Johnson


I closed my journal as I couldn’t write anymore. It was too hard to think of anything else to say. I placed my journal back in my nightstand drawer and walked downstairs. I went into the kitchen to get a glass of water when I noticed a note on the fridge.

Lulu, I went out to get groceries. I sent Rian home but he said that you could go over there if you wanted. I love you baby girl! –Auntie Kay.

I blew out a breath of relief, knowing that my aunt made it home safe. Then I started to panic because I was by myself in a big house. I quickly decided I’d go over to Rian’s and went upstairs to get ready. I changed into plaid pajama pants and my favorite sweatshirt. I brushed my hair and pulled it up into a sloppy bun and then I brushed my teeth. When I was finished putting everything away, I walked downstairs, grabbing my phone and keys on the way. I put on my UGG boots and walked out of my house (locking the door in the process) and going straight to Rian’s.

I didn’t bother with knocking so I walked right inside finding Kara with a worried look on her face as she sat on the couch. “Kara, what’s wrong?” I asked, rushing to her side on the couch. “There’s something wrong with Alex. He’s not answering any of our calls. He’s not even talking to Jack!”

“Really? I paused, “What time is it?”

“It’s one o’clock, why?” she asked. I thought for a few seconds before I figured out what I meant, “What if he just woke up? I mean, Jack, Rian and him didn’t wake up till late-ish yesterday.” I shrugged. “By the way, where is Rian?”

“He’s in the basement trying to calm down Jack. Jack’s really upset because Alex isn’t talking to him. He doesn’t know what’s going on with him.

“Did anyone check his house?” I asked. Kara slapped her head which to me said that she didn’t. “No, we didn’t. Geez, I feel so stupid now. Do you want to come with me to check if he’s okay?” she questioned. I nodded my head in response and before we left we both yelled down the basement. “Good afternoon Rian, good afternoon Jack. But Kara and I have to go so goodbye!” I said as Rian showed up into view.

“Hi Lulu, where are you taking my girlfriend?” I smirked, “It’s a secret, and she’s taking me because I have no car.” He chuckled at my response and turned to Kara, “Will you be coming back?” he asked. Kara nodded her head and blew him a kiss as we both said goodbye. The she drove us to Alex’s.

To my surprise, Alex lived two streets over, so it didn’t take long to get to his place. When we pulled up to the driveway, his car was parked which could only mean one thing. Kara and I walked up the pathway and towards the front door. After two knocks, a brunette woman who looked to be in her mid-forties opened the door. “Kara? Darling, what are you doing here?” the lady asked. Kara smiled and said, “Hello Isobel, uh, this is Rian’s neighbor Lucy…” she introduced us. I shook Isobel’s hand and Kara continued, “I’m sorry if we interrupted something, but is Alex home? He hasn’t talked to anyone since last night and Jack is worried.”

Isobel sighed, “Yes dear, he’s home and he sounded upset when he back from the beach. If you don’t mind me asking, what happened?” She asked with a look full of concern. Kara seemed hesitant with answering but Alex’s mother reminded me of my own. She would always worry about me and sometimes the looked would get me upset.

“Mommy, look at me!” I said to my mother as I swung back and forth on my swing. I was eight years old, and to my father I was an adventurous dare-devil. “Lucy, be careful!” my mother worriedly said back to me. I was so excited about the new swing set my dad had put together. Brooke and I went on it everyday after school.

“Mommy, look I’m a bird!” I yelled at her as I jumped off my swing. My body flew out of my seat in a heartbeat. I flapped my arms around pretending to be a bird and when my feet hit the ground, I somehow landed wrong sending my body flying towards the ground. I turned my body a little and landed on my left arm. There was a crunching noise and a sharp pain. I cried but only a little bit because it hurt a lot! I overheard my mother yelling at my father to start the car and she picked me up and put me in my seat as dad rushed us to the emergency room.

Turned out I dislocated my shoulder and ended up getting a cast. I wasn’t allowed to jump off my swing ever again. I was okay with it though because I didn’t want to have an annoying, itchy cast on my arm ever again.


I looked at Isobel and answered, “A girl named Lisa, his ex-girlfriend, said in front of everyone that she dumped him before his tour so she could mess around with other guys. Alex gave me a ride and she automatically assumed that I was a, sorry for my pore us of words, a whore and he only brought me to make her jealous.” I summed up. Isobel looked very upset with what I said, but I could tell she understood.

“Lucy, right?” she asked. I nodded my head, “Thank you, dear.”

“For what?”

“For telling me what happened. I worry about him sometimes. He doesn’t tell me or his father what’s wrong when he’s down.” She sighed, “Would you ladies like to check on him and see how he’s doing?” I nodded my head but Kara said, “No, I’m okay. I’m going to head over to Rian’s.”

I looked over at her and said, “How am I getting home?”

“Bring Alex over if he feels better, if not call Rian or me.” She smiled and walked away. I turned back Isobel who smiled and directed me to Alex’s room.

I walked up the staircase slowly, passing by photos of Alex and his family. There were two group photos; One with Alex, Isobel, his dad and another boy. The one beside it was a newer photo except the other boy was missing. I didn’t question it since one, there was no one around and two and I was supposed to be checking in on Alex.

I took my last steps up the stairs and over towards his room and knocked, when I heard a faint come in, I opened the door and found a moping boy lying on his bed. He didn’t even look to see who it was. I decided to walk up to the bed and lay down next to him. I was staring at his ceiling when he peaked over at me; finally he propped himself on his elbows, looking at me and asked, “Lucy, what are you doing here?”

“I went to Rian’s; Kara and Jack were there and they were worried about you since you haven’t called or messaged them back. They thought you fell off the face of the earth. I asked if they checked your house and Kara drove us over here to see how you are.”

“Where’s Kara?”

“She went back to Rian’s.”

“You stayed because…?” he trailed, waiting for me to respond. I honestly didn’t know why I stayed? So, I shyly said, “I could leave if you want?” and I rolled out from the spot I laid in and started to leave but I was pulled back onto the bed, falling into Alex’s lap. He smiled down at me and I started laughing, “You don’t have to leave. Your company put me in a better mood.”

“I’m glad you feel better and I’m sorry about how things ended last night.”

“You don’t have to be sorry. I should’ve expected it from her. I guess my feelings for her made me think that she had changed but I was wrong.”

“You weren’t completely wrong Alex. Yeah, she didn’t change but I doubt she would’ve cheated on you. I mean you two were at least separated when she did all those things. Sure, it’s shitty but she had the heart to do it while she wasn’t with you.”

“What makes you so sure?”

“Because anyone as great as you shouldn’t be cheated on. You’re sweet and kind, but you still have your cockiness to you. If I were Lisa, I know I wouldn’t give up on someone like you that quickly.” I said honestly. Where had these words come from? I just met him two days ago! I felt my cheeks flush one I realized what I had said. Alex started to chuckle as he said, “Thanks Lucy. That helped me feel a whole lot better.”

I smiled up at him and sat back up facing him, “You’re welcome. And you might want to call Jack. He’s really worried about you.”

Alex sighed and scratched the back of his neck, “I sort of figured since he called me forty times.”

I laughed thinking he was exaggerating but he was completely serious, “I’m not kidding Luc…” he grabbed his phone and showed me his missed call logs. To my surprise there were more than just forty calls.

“Call him, I’m sure he’d want to know you’re okay.” I said to him. Alex nodded and walked to his window and climbed out onto the roof to talk to Jack. I decided to give him privacy and I walked downstairs and into the kitchen to find both Isobel and Mr. Gaskarth.

“Oh, honey this is Lucy.” Isobel said when she saw Mr. Gaskarth looking at me. “It’s nice to meet you, sir.” I said, smiling and shaking his hand.

“It’s nice to meet you too, Lucy. I’m Peter or Mr. Gaskarth, whichever is fine with me.” He smiled in return.

“Lucy is Alex alright?” Isobel asked. When she mentioned his name I couldn’t help the smile spreading across my face. “He’s feeling much better. He’s talking to Jack right now.”

“How did you make him feel better?” Mr. Gaskarth asked. I was confused on where he was going with this so I said, “We just talked about what happened last night and when I told him that he wasn’t completely wrong and that any girl would be lucky to have him, and he just cheered up.” I shrugged my shoulders.

“Well that was awfully kind of you. How long have you known my boy? I don’t think I’ve seen you around.”

“That’s because I just moved in with my aunt three weeks ago. I’m neighbors with Rian. I’m originally from Atlanta.” Isobel’s head snapped towards me asking, “Is your Aunt’s name Katherine Johnson?” I nodded my head and asked why. How does everyone know my family? “I worked with her a while back. She used to watch Alex for me when he was younger. She’s such a kind person.” She smiled.

“Yes, she is. I’m glad that she took me in, or else I wouldn’t know where I’d be by now.” I said open mindedly. I gasped and covered my mouth knowing she might ask questions but before her curious look spoke out Alex cam downstairs. “Hello mom. Hello dad. Sorry I haven’t done any chores today.”

Isobel and Mr. Gaskarth turned their attention to Alex as Isobel smiled and said, “Its okay love. We understand. Lucy told us what happened but we’re glad that you feel better…” she paused and took a quick curious look at me before adding, “And don’t worry about your chores. You can get them done either tonight or tomorrow after school.”

“Okay, thanks mom.” He smiled and gave her a hug. “Oh, wait. Luc you forgot your phone in my car. Do you want to go get it?” he asked pulling out of the hug.

“Uh, yeah; thank you.” I babbled.

He quickly chuckled and motioned me to follow him. On the way to the front door, I overheard Isobel say to Mr. Gaskarth, “She’s hiding something and I don’t think it’s a good thing.” I didn’t react to the words because one, she thought I couldn’t hear her, and two, Alex would wonder why my mood had changed so, I made sure I didn’t lose my composure.

“Here you go.” Alex smiled handing me my phone.

“Thank you…” I smiled back. Outside quickly grew quiet as Alex and I were standing there awkwardly. There was nothing to say coming to mind, but thankfully as Alex messed with his hair and said, “Uh, do you need a, uh, ride to school tomorrow?”

“No, Rian said that he would drive me, Sorry.” I replied sadly. His face dropped a little in devastation as I quickly said, “But I need a ride after school. Maybe, we could hang out and you can show me around?” I suggested. His posture straightened up and his smile grew wider. He nodded his head and said that it was a great idea. Then my phone rang. I looked down at the screen as an unknown number popped up. “Hello?” I asked.

“Hey Lucy, its Kara. When are you coming back?”

“I don’t know, why?”

“Well Rian and I want to watch a movie, but Jack is still here…”

“And you want him to leave so you and Rian can be alone?” I laughed, as I spoke my words. I got a chuckle out of Alex as he scoffed.

“Yes, can you do that for us? We’ll owe you!” she pleaded.

I laughed into my phone, “Yeah, sure. I’ll be over soon. Bye!”

“Thank you, Bye!”

When I hung up my phone and put it in my pocket I faced Alex and said, “Would you like to come with? I’m sure Jack would love to see his best friend.”

“Yeah, sure. What are we going to do though?”

“Have you ever been in my Aunt’s basement?” I asked. When he shook his head no I gasped and declared, “Well, we have to go now and finish off our party…! Minus the booze because I don’t think I want to go to school with a hangover!”

“Agreed! Let me tell my parents and we can go.”

“Okay, I’ll be in the car.” I said as I hopped inside. He walked into the house and came out five minutes later. He got in, started the car and we pulled out of the driveway to drive the short distance to my house. When we got there we found Jack lying on my front yard. When Alex parked his car and turned off the ignition, I unbuckled my seatbelt and stepped out of the car. Jack hasn’t moved since we arrived so I walked over to him and blocked the sun. He squinted his eyes and rubbed them to see who the visitor was, when he saw it was me he had a shit eating grin on his face. “Well, well, well. What brings you here on a lovely day like this my lady?”

I smiled, “Shouldn’t I be asking you those questions? I mean it is my house.”

“Oh, right. Uh, well what shall we do? I was thinking a little bit of seven minutes in heaven, but we can make it longer since it’s just the two of us.” He winked.

“Actually, Alex is here with us. So, I don’t think that will happen.” Jack’s body shot up quickly and looked around. When he saw Alex standing a few feet away he stood up and ran towards him. Jack flew his body onto his best friend and tackled him to the ground. “Alex, you’re alive! I thought I lost you forever!”

“Jack, I was at my house and I just called less than twenty minutes ago.” Alex laughed.

“But it felt like forever!” he whined.

“I’m sorry, next time I’ll answer your calls.”

“Good, now let’s go inside Lucy’s house and do stuff before the weekend is ruined completely. It’s the last day of summer and I want to remember it.” He stood up and helped Alex up and ran towards my front door. He tried opening it but since it was locked he couldn’t. Then he pulled out a key and unlocked the door. “Come on Lucy, We’re waiting on you!”

“How the hell did you get a key to my house?” I asked in confusion.

“You’re aunt gave it to me! Alex, Rian, Chase, Zack, Matt, and Kara have one too! Now, let’s go!” he ran over to me and picked me up bridal style. “Jack put me down!” I yelled in a laugh.

“No! I can’t, the sharks will eat you alive. I can’t let that happen!”

I rolled my eyes, “Then go to my basement! We’re going to party all night there!”

“You mean a sleepover!?” he asked excitedly.

“We have school tomorrow.”

“So, we always have sleepovers on school nights!”

“Well, then yes, we’ll have a sleepover. Alex you’re invited too!”

“Should I invite the others?” Alex asked.

“No, it’s just going to be us. Rian and Kara decided to have a sleepover of their own.”

“Before we get a visual in our heads, let’s go to the basement!” Jack declared. He still hasn’t put me down so he ran with me in his arms and over to the basement door. He set me down and opened the door and quickly walked down to the basement himself. I stood at the top of the steps watching at how cute he was being, almost like a 6 year old on Christmas morning. “You know, the only way to get down there is if you take a step at a time.” Alex laughed in my ear. The sound of his voice sent chills through my body, I didn’t react though. I turned my face towards his and said, “I knew that.” And I walked down the steps with him following closely behind. When we got down there Jack was no where in sight. “Jack, where are you!?” Alex and I both yelled.

“In the movie theater!” he faintly yelled.

“Follow me.” I said as I walked towards the theater. When we walked in and saw Jack sitting criss-crossed on one of the caramel leather seats. His elbows were on his knees and his hands were in fists under his chin. The movie he was watching was Home Alone, my favorite.

“Are you seriously watching that movie again?” Alex chuckled.

“Do not diss Home Alone. It’s the best movie ever!”

“No it’s not. I doubt Lucy wants to watch it.” Alex stated for me. I looked over at him and glared, “Don’t answer for me. This happens to be my favorite movie.”

“Are you serious?” he started laughing but when I didn’t laugh back his face got serious and had a guilty look, “I’m sorry.”

“It’s okay, you didn’t know. But, actually, you’re right. I’m not in the mood for a movie. So, what do you guys want to do? I haven’t really been around the whole basement except for here and the kitchen.”

“So, you haven’t been to the arcade?” Jack asked.

“Nope.” I said popping the p.

“Let’s go!” Jack said as he ran past both Alex and I and into the next room. We followed him as he left, and when we made it to the room both mine and Alex’s jaw dropped. “Holy shit, I didn’t know it would be like this.” Alex said.

“Me either, I’m surprised I’ve never been in here and I’ve lived here for three weeks!”

“Who wants to play DDR with me?” Jack yelled from the dance machine.

“I do!” I yelled before Alex could. I ran over to the floor next to Jack and he hit start on the game. “Get ready to lose Barakat!” I taunted.

“Only in your dreams, Johnson.” He smirked and then the game began. He put it on expert and to me it was really easy. Jack looked like he was having a hard time keeping up, but a few steps later he got the hang of it and we were neck and neck on the scores. The song was coming to an end when Alex said, “Make a bet, quick!”

Jack smirked, “If I win Lucy Johnson has to kiss me whenever I want!”

“And if I win, Jack Barakat has to do what I want for an entire week!”

“Deal!” we yelled in unison. The song got harder as it ended but at the last steps the champion was…

“Lucy Johnson is the winner!” Alex cheered. I jumped up and down and did a victory dance but I was suddenly pulled into Jack’s chest and his lips crashed to mine. We pulled away and I looked at him in disappointment, “Not fair! I won!”

“I couldn’t help myself.” He smiled innocently.

“Bet starts now, and Jack you can’t kiss me unless I tell you too.”

“Roar! Fine.”

“Did you just say roar?” Alex laughed.

“Maybe…” he trailed.

“I’m hungry!” I randomly said and I walked away, but I stopped at a door that I’ve just seen. It was a door with a sign in red font saying DO NOT ENTER. I turned to Jack and Alex and said, “Do you know what’s in here?” I asked. Alex shrugged his shoulders and Jack shook his head no. I took my chances and opened the door and revealed a guitar room. It wasn’t any guitar room but the guitars were familiar. I walked more into the room and stopped at a guitar that was really familiar. I reached out to it and realized that it’s not just a guitar but, the guitar that my mom and I bought for him on his birthday. All of these were his, not just this one, but all of them. I felt a sting in my eyes and was thrown back to reality when I heard Alex say, “Wow, this is really cool.”

“When did your aunt play guitar? There’s like more than twenty in here.” Jack guessed.

“There’s thirty-six.”

“How did you count them so quickly?” they said together.

“Because they’re my dads.” I said as a tear rolled down my face. I wiped it away quickly before either of them saw and I backed away from the red and silver guitar. “You two can play whatever one you want. Just don’t break anything please. I’ll be right back.” I walked out of the room to find my aunt. I wasn’t upset anymore, but I was angry that she didn’t tell me that she had them. I thought we left them behind in Atlanta, but I thought wrong.

“Aunt Katherine!” I yelled when I got up the stairs. “Aunt Kay!” I yelled more. “Aunt K”- I stopped when I saw her in the kitchen. She turned around and smiled at me as she placed the cutting knife down. “Hello, Lulu. I haven’t seen you all day. I’m making dinner, would you like to help?”

“No thank you, Alex and Jack are downstairs, is it okay if they spend the night?” I asked completely ignoring why I actually came up here to talk to her.

“Yes, dear that’s fine with me…” she paused and looked at me more observantly till she asked, “What’s bugging you?”

I couldn’t help myself, the question was eating me alive, “Why do you have all of dad’s guitars in a room downstairs and I never knew about them? I thought we left them all in Atlanta?”

Aunt Kay smiled as she answered, “Well, they were going to be a surprise for your birthday in December, but I guess someone doesn’t know how to read. I knew how much you and your father loved those guitars, so I had them shipped down here, so you could practice recording your own songs in the sound booth and all that other musical type stuff.”

“Really?” I smiled and she nodded. I walked towards her and embraced her in a hug and thanked her. She continued to make dinner while I went back downstairs to see what Jack and Alex were doing. When I went back into the room they were looking at the guitar I was previously staring at, the last one I got for my father. “That was the guitar I got for my dad on his birthday.” I said making the boys turn their attention to me.

“It’s beautiful. Where did you get it?” Jack asked.

“My best friend’s father works for a company that makes guitars; he’s one of the craftsmen. I paid him to make one and he let me pick out the design, bridge, and well… everything.” I said as I admired the instrument myself.

“That’s really cool, but if it was a gift to him, why doesn’t he have it?” Alex questioned.
I didn’t know how to answer without telling them the truth, but then I remembered what Zack said to them, “He’s traveling.”

Alex and Jack nodded, they knew what I had said was true to them but it wasn’t to me. “So… have you ever played?” Jack asked with a hopeful smile. I nodded my head and giggled, “Have I ever played? Do you see how many guitars there are? I lived it, my father lived it, and I hope in the future when I’m married and have kids they’ll live it too. It makes me feel…. free.” I said the last part almost breathlessly. The two boys looked at me with adoration. I shook my head a laughed, “Anyway, we should head upstairs. My aunt just finished cooking dinner and you two should probably run home afterwards to get your things for school tomorrow and probably clothes to.”

They both laughed and said that they would and we went upstairs and ate what my aunt had made. When they left to go get their things I help Aunt Katherine with the dishes. “I know this may sound strange but both those boys seem to like you in many different ways.” My aunt confessed to me. I furrowed my brows with a bit of laughter coming out as I asked, “What do you mean?”

“Jack looks at you with a lot of happiness. He wants to be your friend, but he may also want more. He’s not the type of kid that would keep a relationship except knowing you; you’d probably change that about him. And Alex, he looks at you with so much care, almost like you’re the only one in the room. He likes you a lot, and you both have been through so much.”

I smiled at my Aunts thoughts but I know it can’t be all true, but what she said about Alex made me question her, “What do you mean we’ve both been through a lot?”

“He probably hasn’t told you yet, because it’s a tough subject, which you probably haven’t told any of them about your parents.”

“Like it is for him, it’s the same for me… a tough subject.”

“Look Lulu, I know this may be hard but you have to tell someone.”

“I know it’s hard and I’m just scared. Rian and Zack know, and they’re sincere about it. I just don’t know how to tell Jack or Alex.”

“Well, you may not have to tell them what you told the other two but just tell them the truth and say that they passed away.”

“But they didn’t pass away Aunt Kay, they were murdered. They aren’t here anymore and they didn’t die peacefully and it’s my entire fault because I left the damn window open. Mom could be helping me get ready for the first day of school and dad would be helping me with guitar by now, but none of that is going to happen. All because of one slip up that cost them their lives.”

My aunt sighed sadly and shook her head, “Lucy when are you ever going to realize that none of this was your fault. It’s just all one mistake that could’ve happened to anyone.”
“How would you know that? The police haven’t even called about the trials. How are we supposed to know if they intended for it to happen.”

“I understand…” she sighed once again. “…You should probably get on your pajamas if Alex and Jack are spending the night. Where will you be sleeping?”

“Is my bedroom okay?” I asked, kind of thankful that she changed the subject. She nodded in agreement and said, “I’ll go get extra blankets and some pillows. If they sleep on your bed, you’re not sleeping in the middle and no funny business alright?”

I laughed, “I wasn’t planning on it.”

“That’s my girl, and one last thing.”

“And that is…?”

“When you feel like you’re floating out to sea, remember that your anchors are holding you down and helping you stay afloat.” She said the words my father told me every time I cried.

“That’s what dad always said to me.”

“He’s been saying it since him and I was younger. Why do you think he was so good at taking care of you? He took care of me as he did for you and your mother.” She smiled. I hugged her in a strong embrace and then let go. We walked up the stairs and when I changed, she went to get the blankets and pillows. We set up my bedroom and then the doorbell rang indicating that Alex and Jack were back. Not a second later they were up in my bedroom wearing pajamas and I’m guessing overnight bags.

“Okay I appreciate the warning bell, but if you over use that key of yours Jack I might just take it away.” I laughed at him as he dangled the key in my face.

“We’ll see about that.” He challenged me.

“Or I can take it away, Jack.” My aunt smiled at him and he bowed his head like a puppy being yelled at and said, “No thank you, I’m sorry.” I rolled my eyes at the childish boy hiding behind Alex and said, “Okay, well since the party is over and you two took forever to get your things I think it’s time for bed. Goodnight Aunt Katherine.” I said to her as she walked out the door. She yelled a goodbye back and warned the boys that there will be no funny business, which caused all three of us to turn a shade of red.

“So, are we really going to bed or can we sneak out and do crazy shit?” Jack asked. I shook my head no, a little too quickly, and said, “There will be no sneaking out, and there never will be.”

“Scared you’d get caught.” He wiggled his eyebrows.

I lied, “No, it’s because tomorrow’s my first day and I don’t want to be late.”

“Understandable, well time for bed then!” and he jumped onto my bed and under the covers. Not following my Aunt’s rules I climbed in next to Jack and Alex climbed in after me. From down the hall my aunt yelled, “Lucy, get out of the middle of the bed!”

“How’d she know you were in the middle?”

“She knew because she knows me too damn well.” I mumbled and climbed over Alex to sleep in his spot, but my foot got tangled in my comforter and I collapsed onto Alex’s chest. When I lifted up and said I was sorry, I looked up at him and noticed how close we were. Alex swallowed hard taking in the closeness we were at. But I got embarrassed quickly and got off of him, mumbling another sorry and turned off the nightstand light. “Goodnight, guys.”

“Goodnight Lucy.” They said as they situated themselves in a more comfortable position. I tried my hardest to fall asleep, but nothing would work. After about an hour of lying down, I listened to the two other people in my room and when I thought they were sound asleep. I got out of bed and went downstairs and into the kitchen. I poured myself a glass of water and sat on the counter that had the window that overlooked my back yard. I looked up towards the sky and stared at the full moon. The night sky was beautiful tonight and it made my nerves feel a lot more relaxed. I finished off my drink and put my cup in the dishwasher, but before I went upstairs I took a deep breath in and exhaled out.

When I crept back into my room I heard Jack snoring and Alex faintly making noises. I smiled and walked over to my bed and crawled under the covers with the two boys who might as well become my best friends.
♠ ♠ ♠
comment and subscribe, please!
I'd like 5 comments before i post the next chapter!

Okay, i know it's a filler, but all stories are going to have one. You can't always have something going on right? Well, at least there's soooome things going on here.

I'd also like to mention that I don't really like making Lisa mean, but I kind of have to. She's literally the sweetest person I've heard about (out of the All Time Low family) Honestly, I adore her!

Alright well tell me what you think! This chapter goes to my lovely wifey, who told me on facebook to update it xD

OHH! And go check out my other stories! I have two a7x stories, and one of them is co-written. So, don't hesitate to look at those :3

Outfits:
Lucy - Finding Alex
Lucy- Sleepover