Equinox

Two.

Image

Image


"...YOU'RE WHERE?!" Jessica Stanley howled out, obviously incredulous at my location.

At her unpleasant tone of voice I felt the need to abridge the rant from my little cousin that I knew to be impending.

"Arriving at the Seattle Airport as we speak; calm down." I elaborated and although my little decry against her bombastic tendencies wasn't as superfluous as it should have been, I definitely think that it got the message across.

"Whatever! What on Earth made you think it was okay to book a flight to Washington without telling me or my parents?!" Jessica queried.

Or maybe no point was made at all? Damn it.

"I-" I began nonchalantly; I was fully prepared to explain myself to her.

"For that matter, like, do your parents even know?" Jessica probed further.

How dare that little bitch think I'm that irresponsible. Obviously I'd tell my folks!

"...yes," I offered loosely.

"Really?" Jessica asked rather skeptically.

"Well, they will eventually. I posted these really bitchin' post-it notes on both the TV remote and the fridge. Eventually, one of them will figure things out...my guess is that it'll be dad." I prattled on casually in a vain attempt to elucidate the situation for my kin.

"I CAN'T EVEN BELIEVE YOU RIGHT NOW! HOW IMMATURE CAN YOU GET?! I-"

"Your hair actually looked really nice in that picture, Jessica~" I chirped sweetly. Obviously I was eager to ingratiate myself with my discursive cousin, otherwise I would never say such a thing.

"Are you being legit right now?" Jessica gasped.

Cue shit-eating grin here.
...Don't pass judgements upon my Kentucky colloquiums, please and thank you.

"No," I responded earnestly.

"UGH! Fuck you, Emerson! Mom and I will be there to get your sorry ass eventually."

By eventually, she meant that she was going to take her sweet time in rescuing me from the banal surroundings of the airport I was sure to be trapped in for quite awhile. Ticking her off was worth it, though. After all, when she gets in one of her "Torture Emmy!" moods, well that's how I can tell that the two of us are, in fact, related.

For the second time in a single week, Jessica Stanley hung up on me.

And for the second time in a single week, negative fucks were given.

"What an asshat..." I chortled.

x - ❤ - x


Dicking around in an airport has lost it's appeal nowadays. I say that because now there's not much one can do without it resulting in getting felt up by a three-hundred pound male security gaurd named Mary. And this may make me sound like a little bitch, but honestly the only place I want to experience a cavity search is at the Dentist's office.
So, I settled for an activity with the least amount of consequences

Thump. Thump. Thump.

"Ugh!"

Thump. Thump. Thump.

"Will you stop that?!"

"I'm sorry, I don't know what you're talking about," I batted my guanomascara coated lashes in an attempt to portray how innocent I seemingly was.

"Seriously? I think you do, you've been assaulting the bottom of my chair with your foot for awhile now," The voice didn't sound nearly as annoyed as I'd hoped.

Yeah, so maybe the only entertaining thing I could find to do was kick the bottom of the chair behind me in the airport. It was a miniscule crime, really, but I'm sure airport security could still write it off as harassment of an American citizen by an albino terrorist. Hah.

"Well, yeah, I'm bored, okay?" I replied with an excuse that was sure to exacerbate.

"Oh, that's understandable! I'm bored too; wanna play Twenty Questions?"

I couldn't help but snort at the capricious response.

First he was totally vexed and now he wants to play a game with me? LAME.

I immediately swiveled around in my seat in order to glance at the wacko.

"Are you fucking serious?" I blanched.

"Well, I was, is there something wrong with that?" The guy questioned defensively.

It was then that he too decided to turn around and catch my gaze.

Sweet.Jesus. It's Mike Newton.

"Do you, perchance, happen to be Michael Newton?" I began with a furrowed brow.

His baby blue orbs widened substantially at that.

"Whoa, h-how'd you know that?" He questioned. Clearly he was awe at my naming prowess.

"Don't worry about it, Figgy." I dismissed, patting the top of his head

"Figgy?" Mike Newton cocked a brow at me.

"Yeah. Mike Newton, Fig Newton, Figgy..." I explained in a bland manner.

Ever since his name came soaring out of Jessica's lips when she was in the sixth grade and realized that boys were good for things besides cooties, I've wanted to call him that.

"I've never had a Fig Newton, but okay?" He blinked.

"WHAT? You poor, deprived boy!" I cried out, reaching forward to coddle the lad.

"Lady, it's seriously okay!" He squeaked as he lit up like the fourth of July.

"My name's Emerson Stanley, although you may refer to me as Milady if you wish." I introduced, releasing him from my grasp.

"Stanley?" He repeated, somewhat frightful.

"Yep, Jessica's my cousin. I know who you are, buddy." I revealed whilst poking him in his well-toned chest.

"Oh, yeah? You don't really seem like you're related to her." Mike stated as he gave me a quick once-over.

"I'm too old for you, Figgy. Now, if you're from Forks why exactly are you here in Seattle?" I made a quick attempt at changing the subject. Honestly, if Jessica knew that her little boy-toy was eye-raping me I'd probably never hear the end of it.

"R-Right," Mike nodded. It was clear that he was trying desperately to shrug off the embarrassment my previous statement had caused him.

"Well, I'm supposed to pick up my Great Uncle Thomas so he can stay with me and my family for awhile. How about you?"

"I'm spending some-" I had to pause in order to suppress a grimace. "-quality time with Jessica."

Obviously, I was lying through my Colgate-worthy teeth.

You should know that if you were present for my little Jasper episode.

After all, I've heard of Celebrity look-alikes, but never Civil War look-alikes.

Although, I have heard about how Nicholas Cage looks like some dude from way back when...but that's besides the point; mainly because Nicholas Cage is nowhere near as hot as either Jaspers, but, you know.

I'm not entirely sure what I hope to accomplish by traveling all the way to shitty little Forks, Washington just to encounter a hottie in Jessica's class. It's not like I'll uncover some supernatural secret or whatever like on Vampire Diaries. However, at the very least I'm hoping that interacting with a boy that is most definitely Jasper Whitlock's decedent will at the very least help me with my Powerpoint.

"Did you hear me, Emerson? I said it was nice that you're so into family bonding like that." Mike piped up, and it was almost like he was shouting in order to bring my focus back to him.

"Yeah, yeah, I guess it is. But, Jessica's being a little punk because I decided to surprise her with this visit...she won't be coming to pick me up for awhile..." I told Mike with a groan.

"That sucks hardcore..." Mike noted with a sympathetic smile.

"Tell me about it..." I sighed whilst sinking into my seat.

"Hey! Wait a minute, once Great Uncle Thomas gets here I could probably give you a lift!" Mike suddenly exclaimed.

My eyes became the size of dinner plates at that.

"You could? Oh, Figgy, that'd be ever so sweet of you~" I trilled.

Although I probably had an innocent, gratuitous smile plastered across my face, inwardly I was smirking.

Whipping out my cellular device, I, of course, found it necessary to text Jessica.

Heeeeey, cousin. It turns out that you don't have to pick me up after all! This sweetheart named, uh, what was it? Michael Newt? Newton? is totally gonna give me a lift. :)

Image
♠ ♠ ♠
Gah, I make Emerson behave so cruelly to Jessica. T_T

This is important, okay?

JASPER WILL BE IN THE NEXT CHAPTER! :D
So, please don't give up hope on my story.
I'm really rather thrilled that four people have already subscribed and one has commented.
Speaking of which, thank you ever so much, Wolf-Girl92. You've made my day. :)