Back Off, I Bite!

Jade

It’s official.
I HATE vampires.

This is exactly what I’m thinking as I’m running from what smells like two of them in the forest of my backyard. Usually every night I take a stroll out here and then go home. But I can’t anymore, my home is gone. I few minutes ago I saw many men –vampires- tiring my house apart. My brothers and other Pride members scattered across the yard bloody and dead. My father wasn’t in sight, but I could smell him. He was dead too. A year ago my mother warned me about this while she was on her death bed.

If anything happens to the Pride I want you to run. Run with all your might to the old library.

Of course at the time I thought she was delusional, you know, had one too much morphine, but I take that back now. A vampire lunged at me but I slid under him and kept running in the direction of the library. It was just on the other side if the pond and I know if I make it there then… actually I don’t know what will happen when I make it there.IF I make it there. Unlike my brothers I’m not a full grown cat so my speed isn’t really fast, but still faster than a humans. I jump over a log and tumble to the ground, the harsh impact causes my cat ears to pop out.

A twig snaps and my ears twitch at the sound as I jump high in the air while two vampires dive at the spot I was just in. I knew it was two. Landing on a branch I start jumping from one to another propelling myself through the trees as they follow underneath me. Trying to quicken my step I start jumping several braches at a time when they decide to join me in the trees.

Bobbing and weaving the trees shaking with our weight and leaves tumble to the ground. At this point I can see the pond and the dilapidating building just beyond it. Mama never told me what would happen if I got there, but she was never wrong before. Stepping on the last branch I jump to the ground with the men on my heels and take off once my shoe hit the grass.

At this point the rain started getting heavy making the ground slick as I ran. Its days like this I wish I was a grown cat, and not just a kitten. If I was a big cat I would have been at the building already. Racing around the pool of water I heard one of them cuss making my ears twitch. Thunder crashed as I rounded the pond making my way to the brick steps that led up to the building. A hand grasped the back of my shirt and I was yanked back when there was a loud howl.

Shit. This can’t be the wolves’ territory.

The vampires were distracted and I tore out of the hold on me-losing my shirt in the process-before running up the steps. I guess I was too slow cause one of them came up from behind me and smacked my back sending me flying up the steps through a window. Glass cut my bare skin as I landed in the middle of an aisle feeling pain radiate through my body. Slowly moving I heard them start arguing outside and I decided to crawl away, but I wasn’t moving fast enough so I shifted into my kitten body.

Leaving my clothes behind I scampered to what I assume is, or, was the reception desk and curl up in one of the shelves.

“Shit she turned into a cat,” one of them said.

“Don’t worry,” I heard the other one, “she’s the size of a normal house cat. Nothing scary about her.”

Well that isn’t encouraging. I inched towards the back of the shelf feeling fear creep up on me. God I hate vampires! They don’t make a sound when they walk! I curled my tail around my body and crotched when an upside down face popped at the front of the shelf.

“Boo,” he said and I lashed my claws at him scratching his face, “Fuck! Shit!” he screamed as I jumped out only to be caught midair by my nape.

A blonde vampire held me up with a smug grin on his face and I took a swipe at him. He dodged, “Nope, you’re not marking this face girl.” He said and I hissed at him. “Feisty.”

You better believe it, I thought and glared at him.

“Now, now don’t try and be all badass with us,” he mocked and I growled at him. He smirked but it fell when a deeper growl erupted from behind him. Suddenly we were flying through the air, him in one direction and me in another. He crashed through the wall and I was caught in some pretty powerful jaws that made sure not to hurt me. The vampire I scratched looked up with red eyes snarling when a large cat jumped him grabbing his head in its jaws crushing it.

The blonde came out of the wall looking terrified before making his escape. The large cat that crushed the vampire looked over at me.

Are you okay? it was a male voice.

I meowed, No. They killed everyone!

I whimpered and he came over and licked my face. I’m so sorry, I heard him say then he backed away. Let’s go, and just like that I was carried away.
♠ ♠ ♠
Keep or Kill?
Comment!