Back Off, I Bite!

Haze

“Hay Kiss, Hay Smooch, Hay sleep, sleep , sleep,” Nessie sang jumping on my back. I growled at her, but in a sleepy manner and not threating. I mean she’s only a five-year old, just a kitten where as I’m a full grown cat.

Still, she knows better than to wake me up, “Nessie,” I growled her name and she giggled. Damn child, don’t get me wrong I love her, but I love sleep a tiny bit more. “Nessie why don’t you go with your dad?” Seth, my older brother is Nessie’s dad, making the child my niece. My always-full-of-energy niece.

“Daddy and mommy aren’t here,” she said.

I groaned, “What about Lilith, Zane, Pat, and Max?” Lilith is my older sister and Pat and Zane are my two older brothers. Max is Zane’s son, and Nessie’s buddy.

Her little hands start punching my back, “You big meanie! They aren’t here and Max is sleeping!”

But she has no problem waking me up. Letting out a yawn I rolled over making her fall off me and got up and stretched. “Okay shrimp lets go see what’s going on.”

She smiled and leaped off my bed with her brown pig tails bouncing around. I guess she got really happy cause her tail and ears popped out as she skipped from the my room. Following her into the hall I couldn’t shake off the feeling of something being off, like something was bad happening. “Oh!” Nessie yelled jumping up and down, “Look! Look! Everyone’s coming back!” she squealed pointing out the window in the hall. I looking out to see some of my Pride members walking up the path way, “Let’s say hi!” she cracked the window open when I smelled blood. Lots of it.

I quickly put the window down and gave Nessie a lazy smile, “Hey how about you go play SuperMario in my room while I talk to them?” her eyes lit up as she ran back to my room. My smile fell as I looked back out the window, Shit, what happened while I was sleeping? Turning on my heel, I marched straight to my dad’s office and pushed the door open without knocking. He looked up at me and narrowed his eyes. “What’s going on? Why do I smell blood outside?”

“Sit down,” he growled and I did just as the smell of blood got stronger. I looked at the door as it flew open and my sister-in-law walked inside in her cat form. She looked like a giant panther, one, holding a cat in her mouth. It was small, and whimpering. “Sara,” he said and moved to her as she put the cat down. I swear if I didn’t know any better I’d say it was a kitten. He kneeled down and the cat walked up to him slowly, “I understand,” and with that the kitten jumped into his arms.

The sight was rather unusual since my dad isn’t the comforting type, and it shocked me. Looking to my left I caught sight of Seth, “What happened?” I whispered and he looked at me. Holding up a finger and bringing it across his neck. I understood what he said. The kitten’s Pride was slaughtered.

“Haze,” my dad said gaining my attention, “this little one is going to be your new roommate.” He said holding up the kitten.

“Excuse me?” I said and he pushed it on me.

Giving me a stern look he pointed to the door, “Go to your room and get everything settled in.” I opened my mouth to say something, but then he growled at me ceasing any words to come out. I may be eighteen, but my dad still scares me. Then again he’s the alpha. His attention went to the kitten and his features softened, “We’ll talk more in the morning.” He pat the little one’s head and then sent me out of the room.

Sighing I pat the black kitten’s head, “Well I guess it’s just us then,” I said and started walking back to my room. “Just a few things you should know. First, the magazines are mine and if I find you with them then you better run. Second, no touching the stereo, and finally never wake me up with I’m sleeping.” He looked at me with his head tilted to the side as I reached my room, “Well this is it.” I opened the door and saw Nessie asleep on my bed. “That’s my niece, Nessie. She hasn’t seen a guy’s body yet so I wouldn’t change forms just yet.” The kitten jumped out of my arms and ran to the other side my bed, “hey, what are you doing?”

I heard him started changing and then black hair peak out, “Don’t worry, she won’t see anything she won’t have later,” a girl voice said. What the hell?! I froze as a naked girl stood up from the other side of the bed. She is hot, maybe around my age, probably about-

Wait snap out of it! How am I supposed to be sharing a room with her?! I stared at her as she walked to my closet and pulled on one of my shirts. It fell mid-thigh and I couldn’t help but continue stare. I mean I’ve seen other girls naked before in my Pride, but there was something different about this one. I just can’t put my finger on it. A low growl came from her and I snapped to my senses.

“Keep your thoughts to yourself,” she growled and then went into my bed beside Nessie, “feel free to get comfortable on the floor.” She snipped and I balled my hands into fists.

Who the hell does she think she is? “Like hell I’m sleeping on the floor,” I snapped and got under the sheets on the other side of Nessie so she was between us. “My room, my bed.”

“Your stereo and your magazines,” I stiffened when she mentioned my magazines, “don’t worry I won’t touch those.” She said snidely and I clenched my teeth. Dad when I see you in the morning you’re definitely gonna get it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment!