What I'm Looking For

Chapter 5

Chapter 5

I sat on the swings as I smoked my cigarette slowly, thinking things over.

“Somehow I knew you’d be here.” Frank’s voice said from behind me. I turned my neck to see him walking over to me, sitting on the swing next to me.

“Am I that practical?” I asked as he took my cigarette from me.

“No, I’m just your best friend. So to me, you are practical.” I smiled and he did to.

We sat on the swings for a while, simply swinging around and playing with the dirt underneath our feet.

“So Gerard broke the news to me.” He told me suddenly and I nodded slowly.

“Yup. Him and Mikey are going steady.” I said and heard Frank’s childish giggle.

“Did you seriously just say ‘going steady’?” He asked.

“Yea…why? Is that a problem?” I asked suspiciously.

“Well it’s just that that term probably hasn’t been used since the 1920’s.” I glared at him as he continued to laugh about it.

“Seriously Frank? You’re going to get on my ass for using a term that means they’re dating?” I asked and he just laughed and shook his head.

“It’s just that you sound so…old.” I gasped dramatically and pushed him off of his swing once he let go of the two sides of it.

I tackled him and he laughed but tried to fight me back. I grabbed the cigarette and held it away from him. I sat on top of him and took a drag, blowing it in his face.

“Oh that’s so pretty.” He said suddenly and I stopped laughing to look down curiously at him. “When you blow the smoke and then it just floats around you.” He said and I smiled slightly, hiding the faint blush that appeared on my cheeks. The small compliments always got me.

“But you want to know something?” He asked and I leaned down on him to look at him.

“Hmm?”

“I think that you are simply the prettiest thing to walk on the planet.” He said and cupped my face, pulling me down to kiss his lips.

The kiss with Gerard had been short-lived and amazing. But the kiss with Frank was wonderful and spontaneous. One hand held my face and the other my waist. His soft thin lips fit perfectly with mine and his lip ring met my piercing with a faint metallic clank against one another. We moved in perfect sync and the only thing that we could hear was our heavy breathing, for the kiss was getting more passionate by the second.

Pulling away for a breather, I looked at Frank and realization slapped me in the face. He was truly beautiful. Too handsome. I wondered why I hadn’t seen it before. Probably because I had always focused on Gerard to focus on how much Frank had grown up and matured (well, physically).

“You wouldn’t believe how long I’ve been waiting to do that.” He said, burying his face in my neck and beginning to bite and kiss the skin there.

“You have a neck fetish, don’t you?” He chuckled.

“I guess I do because your neck has always been my favorite thing to kiss. That and your lovely lips.” He lifted his head and kissed me again.

“Frank?”

“Yea?”

“You love me?”

“Yes ma’am I do.”

“Well that’s good.”

“Why?”

I took a drag and blew it out, passing the cigarette to him to smoke.

“Because I love you too.” So I kissed the boy with the cigarette smoke floating around him and floating up to the grey Jersey sky. Everything felt perfect and it really was. Because I finally had found that what I wanted was right in front of me. My best friend was my true love.

And he was everything that I ever wanted.

Everything that I was looking for.
♠ ♠ ♠
Fin.