Starting What Should Have Been Ended

It's begun.

We set out early that morning; we had to get away from the burning ruins of our town. We had to leave the burning bodies behind, that was one of the hardest things I’d had to do. We gathered up the simple necessities before we’d left. Weapons mainly, but no one took anything to remember their families. Why should we? They never did anything to help us, so it’s their fault that this all happened. I know blaming someone else for your problems is immoral. But it’s not like I brought this upon myself and my friends. Anyway, Brodie, Leonardo, Chiara, Blade, Sophia and I set off around 4:00am. We had to leave without anyone knowing, which is pretty easy to do in a town full of corpses.
We walked for roughly eight hours, following the highway, which was luckily deserted, since our town was isolated during the rituals. So I spent a small amount of my time talking to Brodie. He’s an interesting fellow, with his short blonde hair and crystal blue eyes, not to mention his rose red lips and cheeks. He spends most of his time reading and watching movies. Also avoiding people he dislikes. He’s easy to get along with, once you know what he’s interested in. We talked briefly about a couple of good books before he decided to leave and go for a jog further in front. I think all this is really getting to him already. Sophia seems to have taken more of an interest in Blade. Why did I even ask Blade to come with us? He’s such a rebel. With his black styled hair and numerous piercings across his face along with those dark eyes. He’s one of those people who you’d find outside an old folks home dressed up as Death and waving to the old people. Yeah, he’s a bit of a jerk. At least he hates his parents just as much as I do. I suppose he has better reason though. I mean since they tried to kill him a few times, under the influence of drugs. I guess that’s why he doesn’t live with them. A lot of people reckon he killed his parents and hid the bodies so that no one could send him to jail. Guess that doesn’t matter now, just so long as he doesn’t try to kill any of us.
“Lily, we should make camp on the outskirts of this forest. I know it’s early, but we really should start now.” Suggested Leo.
“I agree Leo, we should.”
We set off in groups of three to look for basic supplies inside the forest. I walked with Chiara and Leo, while Brodie, Blade and Sophia grouped up. We agreed to meet back on the outskirts of the forest within an hour. Assuming none of us got lost.
We all made it back safely and admired the supplies everyone had gathered which mainly consisted of branches, twigs and rocks. So we all tried to make our own little lean-to. Which fell apart instantly, so we grouped up again, which made it a lot more successful. I walked away from the lean-to that Chiara, Sophia and myself had created and smiled, mainly from the fact it looked better than the one the boys had made.
“Lily, look out!” Chiara said, screaming.
“What?!” I replied, shocked at this sudden outburst into my thoughts.
“Behind you!” Yelled Blade who had turned around to see what Chiara was yelling about.
“Lily, run!” Yelled Leo.
“Ugh just stay there!” Yelled Blade again. After that last comment, he got out his gun and shot whatever it was that was behind me. I turned around quickly and saw what everyone was screaming to me about. I walked back towards my friends, we all exchanged glances. Until Brodie said, “It’s begun”.