Starting What Should Have Been Ended

Finding a ally.

When we woke up, we got dressed again and went next door to wake up Sophia and Chiara.
The girls were already awake and came to the door. Blade told me that Leo had answered the door in a towel and that Brodie was lying in the bed reading the Bible. I’m fairly sure they were just putting on an act. I think there’s something more going on between them.
We all managed to get up and get dressed into our muddy old clothes. I think Brodie really wanted to get some fresh underwear. After leaving the hotel we walked the deserted main street with our weapons in hand. We passed what looked like a clothing store so we all entered it cautiously. It surprised me that a whole towns worth of people weren’t about, only the walking dead. But I let that thought pass.
“Hey there Lily.” Smiled Sophia.
“Hey there Sophia.” I smiled back, just as much.
“Get up to anything interesting with Blade last night?” She laughed and nudged me.
“Possibly. Get up to anything with Chiara?”
“Hah! We just talked! But I would like some new underwear, these ones, aren’t very attractive at the moment”.
“Ew.” I shuddered. “Didn’t want and or need to know that.”

I got some shorts, track pants, t-shirts, shoes, underwear, deodorant and a bag, to put it all in. I think the others pretty much got the same thing. It was a bit uncomfortable walking through some isles, since there were corpses everywhere. Some with teeth marks some without body parts. I really hoped we didn’t encounter anyone or anything.
I saw Brodie as we were walking out of the store, he was walking with Leo and I could swear that they were holding hands. I called out to both and they turned around and smiled at me. I guess it was just a trick of the eye.

We decided to walk just for the sake of walking. No breakfast, we just walked. I swear we walked for miles and miles. Following another deserted highway it seemed. I never walked with anyone. Blade was with Sophia while Leonardo and Brodie spent a lot of time together. Maybe they have a bro-mance going on? Chiara seemed a bit cut up over something. So I left her to her thoughts, she was always watching Leo though. Never took her eyes off him.
“Listen everyone!” Chiara suddenly said.
“What is it now Chiara?” Asked Leo, really sarcastically.
“Does no one hear the sounds of people talking? Or moaning. . .” She replied, ignoring Leo’s sarcasm.
“Come to think of it, I can.” Said Blade.
“Same here.” Agreed Sophia.
“I can too.” I agreed as well.
Chiara walked to the edge of the highway and looked down. The rest of us followed. We all looked down and saw a group of what looked like, humans.
“Oi!” Blade called out. One of them looked up quickly. Looking confused.
I turned around to check behind us. Luckily I did. I pulled my gun out quickly and shot the creature right in the face. My friends turned around as they heard the gun shot and Chiara patted me on the back for the good shot. The person on the ground looked up, confused. Until he, looked up and seemed no older than the rest of us asked, “What are you doing up there?”
“We’re standing looking at you.” Replied a very sarcastic Leo.
“God Leo, don’t be such a dickhead.” Said Blade, very angry at him. “We’re kind of running away from our town you could say. We passed through here and saw it was deserted, so we stayed the night and left early this morning. What are you doing down there?”
“Hiding from the walking dead. We’ve had to kill off a lot of people who’ve been bitten. “
I shot yet another creature but more and more were formicating near us. I called out to my friends “guys, turn around, we have some formicaters. I think we should kill them off before continuing our discussion.”
Bullet after bullet and legs and arms flying elsewhere, we finally finished killing off the formicating creatures. Everyone turned back around as Blade continued his discussion with the boy off the highway. He wasn’t very attractive and was covered in blood I wasn’t sure if it was his own or someone else’s. But his brown hair was clumpy with mud and dirt. And his green eyes were filled with sadness and fear.
“How many people down there are alive with you?” Asked Blade.
“Only me and my baby sister.” The boy replied.
“How much does your baby sister mean to you?”
“Guess since she’s my only family left, a lot. But not enough to keep her. Is that bad of me to say?”
“Not at all. Come up here and bring your sister with you. We might use her as live bait or something. I’m Blade, by the way.”
“I’m Bray. It’s weird. I know.”
“Not at all. Get up here. You’re coming with us now.”
As Bray joined our group, Blade introduced us,” this is Lily, she’s our leader you could say, she’s an orphan.”
I never really saw myself as an orphan until Blade said I was. He continued.
“This is Sophia, she’s mad as with a gun.”
Sophia blushed but smiled warmly at Bray.
“This is Leo, no more comments are necessary.”
Leo rolled his eyes. He’s changed recently.
“This is Brodie, he’s a nerd.”
“Intellectual bad-ass”. Brodie corrected.
“And last, but least, this is Chiara. The pretty red head of our group.” He winked at her. But she looked away, ashamed.
“And, me, well. I’m Bray. Not much to tell about me. I like C.O.D and eating. I also don’t like zombies. Oh and this is Lyra, my little sister. We’re orphans too. You’re not alone Lily.” He smiled awkwardly at me.
“Well, everyone. I think it’s time we continued walking. Bray, what’s the nearest town after this?” Asked Chiara.
“ That would be Flagstaff, only about twenty kilometres away.”
“Well, let’s start walking!” Said Chiara.