Status: Reactivated

My Guardian Vampire

Chapter 105

“Mike, no suspenseful silence please,” I begged. He chuckled.

“Sorry guys, it’s a tie.”

“Really?” I asked, and looked at Gerard. “You didn’t want to know its sex?”

“Well,” he said, “I don’t know. I just kind of wanted to wait, for whatever reason. Like I said, I don’t know-“

“Gerard,” I said, putting my hand up, “it’s okay. I don’t really care, honestly. I know if I didn’t want to know the baby’s sex, I wouldn’t want to have to find out. I can wait- I’ll find out soon enough. As long as I find out, I’m okay.”

“And I was going to vote that you should…” Mike muttered. I laughed.

“Mike, if you want to find out the sex of the baby, you can,” I laughed. Mike’s eyes widened.

“Seriously?” he asked. I looked to Gerard.

“Do you mind?” I asked him. Gerard shook his head “no.”

“No, I don’t mind at all. As long as I don’t find out what it is, I’m fine. And you know Ali, you can see it too, if you like. I just don’t want to know.” I smiled.

“Gerard, I’m good, really. Besides, I’m good at letting things like that slip. So Mike, you can come with us and be the one to find out.”

“Thank you. I can't wait. Just so you know, everyone will know after I do, except you two. But I’ll make sure no one tells,” he smiled. I smiled back.

“Thanks, Mike. Gerard and I really appreciate it. I love you!”

Mike stared at me a long, long moment, his eyes noticeably icy blue.

“Love you too,” he eventually said. I laughed and gave a side look to Gerard, wondering what that was about. Tré thankfully then walked in.

“Mike, goddamnit, I always find you cheating on me!” Tré yelled. “You’re so goddamn lucky you’re great in bed.” I laughed my awkward feelings away with relief. Tré then gave Mike a hug.

“Time to leave, Mike,” Tré said. To my amazement Tré picked Mike up with ease and walked him out of the room. I didn’t know why it amazed me, as I knew Tré’s strength, but the sight of the teeny Tré picking up the extremely tall Mike was so strange for my eyes to see. Gerard laughed also, but it seemed more directed at my expression rather than the two in front of us.

“Hey Tré, how did you get here?” I asked. “It’s only, like, 2:30.”

“I ran.”

“In the sun?”

“Don’t worry about it,” Tré smiled. “We do it all the time. It’s not that long from here to there.”

“Tré,” I groaned aloud, throwing my head back. Tré came over and rubbed my stomach.

“It’ll all be all right,” he started to sing in a soprano voice. That made Gerard and I laugh. Tré’s face then turned to one of immediate surprise.

“I think I just felt it move!” Tré said. I looked at Tré weirdly.

“Tré, I didn’t feel anything move.”

“Babies can make 50 moves an hour, most which you can’t feel, especially since you shouldn’t be feeling them at least until your mid-third month.” Tré said. I looked at him, looked at Gerard, and looked back at him speechlessly. Tré looked up at the both of us.

“What?” he asked. “Just because I know my babies-”

“Mr. Cryptcarde?” Dr. Emans said, coming through the door. I didn’t like look on his face in the least. “Do you mind coming outside with me for a moment?”

Gerard gave me a quick look, took my hand and kissed it, and then left the room with the doctor. I could see them through the glass, but couldn’t tell what they were saying. I looked at Tré.

“Tré,” I whispered. “What’re they saying? What’re they saying?!”

“What did you wanna talk about, Doc?” Tré said as Gerard’s mouth moved.

“We might know what’s wrong with her,” Tré said, as the Doctor spoke. “But we’re not sure. I wanted to let you know we’re trying, but we don’t want to jump to conclusions.”

“Why couldn’t he have just said that in front of me?” I thought.

“Why couldn’t you have just said that in front of both of us?” Tré said as Gerard’s mouth was moving, making me laugh. A thought then struck me.

“Hey Tré, couldn’t you just read the doctor’s mind to see what they think is wrong with me?”

“I could…” Tré said, but said nothing else.

“Well?” I asked. Tré didn’t look at me.

“Hold on, I need to make a phone call,” he said, taking out a phone. I stared at Tré, wondering what had gotten into him.

“Mike? You need to come here,” Tré said, and closed up his cell phone. This made me worried; Tré wasn’t in the habit of keeping things to himself.

“Mike just left, Tré, he needs to sleep,” I said. Tré didn’t look at me, but instead sat back down in one of the chairs, staring at the doorway intently. I sat there silently, respecting Tré’s wishes to be silent. A few minutes later, Mike appeared in the view of the glass, looking panicked. He turned to the two and asked them something, and then Gerard pointed to us. Mike walked quickly into the room.

“What’s wrong?” Mike said as he opened the door. I saw behind Mike the doctor with his hand on Gerard’s shoulder for a moment before walking away. Mike entered the room, and a moment later Gerard entered behind him and closed the door.

“What’s going on?” I asked. Gerard smiled at me.

“We don’t want to worry you,” he said, his eyes clouded over more than ever. He gave me a kiss on the mouth, rubbed my face, and the three of them exited. Once again I was lost as I tried to read their mouth for words, but could find none. They all stared at each other for a moment, before Tré walked over and opened the door. I thought he was going to come in, but instead he closed the blinds to the window so I couldn’t see what was going on. I pouted and he gave me a weak smile before turning around and closing the door.

Like before, I saw something as the door was being closed that struck me.

Gerard was crying.

My heart seized on itself, and I attempted to stand up to get to him. I threw the covers off myself, but got tangled up in my stupid tubing. I finally unwrapped myself, took my stupid water bag with me, stood up, and went over to the door. As I neared I could hear the voices escalate, and it seemed not only from me getting closer. By the time I reached the door there was full-on yelling, my mind too panicked to really understand what they were saying. I flung open the door, just in time to see Mike poke Gerard in the chest and say:

“If you don’t bite her, I will."
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey, everyone, it seems like I'm always starting these off this way, but sorry for the lack of updates once again. I was doing one once a day again, but I unfortunately had to have my wisdom teeth out, so I've been drugged out of my mind for the past few days. I still am right now, but I was in my head enough today to write some. So I hope, as small as this dose is, that it cures the hunger for a moment or two until I get my head back on straight.

But hey...1000 readers.
...
...
...
I think it's time for myself to die of amazement once again.
A FREAKING THOUSAND.
I don't think it's soaked in yet. It seems like just yesterday Brittany had convinced me to put this story on my site, and I had to come up with that small little summary that you readers would see when looking on that list of stories to read. For whatever reason, my title and that strange summary of the story grabbed over a thousand of you.
To the thousand who have read that very first chapter, I hope it was worth the time out of your precious lives.
Thank you so much all of you...
*Dies of amazement for the second time*
--Stiff