Status: Reactivated

My Guardian Vampire

Chapter 111

Mike then moved in and kissed me again. I was speechless, my mind freezing up and crashing and in overdrive at the same time. I was beyond shock. Kissing Mike was weird, and so very wrong. Though I loved Mike, I had never even imagined him in that way. Why the hell would someone tell him to love me? How long had this been going on? Why in God's good name me?!

Hyper-aware of my settings, I realized we were in his room. I had never actually seen it with the lights on; the only time I had actually ever been in it at all was once when I was dating Billie Joe, when Billie had told me to wake him up and...Mike kissed me, like now.

That had been so long ago, what I thought was an accident. But had it been? I remembered that moment clearly as this one; he explained he had been dreaming of someone, thought I was someone he loved...And, it turned out, I had been. I still believed he had been dreaming at the time, but I never suspected it was about me, until now.

My thoughts were then clouded, and it felt as if I was hit by a truck. It was the fog in my head, and it felt so heavy in my mind I felt as if I was at the bottom of the ocean, drowning. I tried to keep my mind clear, and fight it, but soon even my vision faded from me, and I completely went under.

~~~~~~

I opened my eyes groggily, but then sat up straight. For a moment I was disoriented, unknowing of where I was in the unfamiliar room. The light was soft, but it still took my eyes a moment to adjust. When it did my eyes immediately looked to the corner where they found Mike, his face brooding as he sat in a rocking chair. The walls and floors were a sandy tan, and his dark clothes were a sharp contrast with the rest of the room, even with the other deep brown furniture. I stared at him a moment, trying to process. I knew what had happened before I had passed out, but afterwards...

"What happened?" I asked finally. I knew there were a lot of possibilities, but I couldn't bring myself to suspect Mike of any one of them.

"Nothing happened," he said, still watching me intensely. I stared at his gaze for a moment, and gave the barest of nods.

"All right, I believe you," I said, and nodded. I pulled the covers off of myself and was indeed clothed, thank God. My shoulders drooping wearily I sighed and ran my hand through my hair, knowing this situation was beyond difficult. What had happened had been cheating, there was no denying that, even if I hadn't slept with Mike. I felt like shit. But how much control of it did I really have? I would like to say none, but even with my surprise there was a point I could have stopped it.

"It's not your fault, Ali," Mike said. I didn't even feel the fog in my head. I looked up sharply and glared at him.

"Get out of my head," I snapped, angry. He then looked hurt, and extremely pained.

"I wasn't in it. I could just tell what you were thinking..."

I sighed, feeling like a douche. Mike wasn't a bad guy; I had to remember that. This was not his fault either; it really was mine. If I had just listened before commanding, this wouldn't have happened.

"I'm sorry, Mike..." I said, looking back up at him. He nodded and looked down, ashamed and still pained. I then realized he thought I was angry with him, and stood up and walked over towards him. I then bent my knees so I was level with his face as he sat, and put my hand on his shoulder.

"Mike, I'm not mad. I don't hate you. I don't even blame you. I... Can't say I know how you feel, but I sympathize with you-"

"I don't need pity," he grumbled, and then looked up at me. "I just need to know I didn't...Didn't fuck things up too badly. I'm so sorry."

"You didn't," I said, smiling weakly. "This is not your fault, I know it. I wish...You had told me long before Billie banned you; I would have admittedly been slightly freaked out, but I would have understood. You wouldn't have had to spend all this time in pain."

Mike closed his eyes, looking relieved. I stumbled forward and hugged him tightly. He paused a moment before hugging me back warmly. After a long moment he let go. I stood up straight.

"Now, come and tell me all you haven't told me," I said, grabbing his hand and pulling him towards the bed. It was truthfully the last place I rather be to keep my mind off of things, but Mike needed to know I trusted him at the moment. He look surprised himself, but let me tug him onto the bed. He leaned against the wall, and I paused. Usually I would just lay against him, but I'm not sure if that would make him feel worse.

"You don't have to be next to me if you don't want to. I understand com-" Mike began, but I hit his arm lightly as a sign to shut up.

"Don't think that way, please. I don't know if it makes it worse..."

"Don't worry about it," Mike said, and I frowned but rested my head on his chest anyways.

"I will, thankyouverymuch. But, anyways, what's the biggest problem you have right now? I can't believe I've been so stupidly selfish." I looked up at him. "I really apologize for that, Mike."

He looked down at me. "It's fine, I promise. And the big problem now..." he moved his head up and closed his eyes and hit his head against the well.

"...Someone saw us."
♠ ♠ ♠
Hahaha, Chapter 111 ^-^ And 1122 readers XD
Sorry, I'm the type of person that gets amused by small things '^^
If you are one of the people that took SATs this past weekend, I pray that you did well and NEVER EVER EVER HAVE TO TAKE THEM AGAIN. In fact, I hope EVERYONE did so awesome that NO ONE EVER HAS TO TAKE THEM AGAIN. DIE SATs! DIE!
SATs=Evil of the month.
Have to go to Spanish now T.T
Peace!
--The 10:26 Mafia