Status: Reactivated

My Guardian Vampire

Chapter 114

I sighed and stood up from the vanity, and turned around to see Katy standing there. I put a small smile on my face, though it felt like when I tried to smile all my energy became zapped. It felt so pathetic, being too weak to even turn a mouth in a smile without feeling the need to collapse. I felt my legs shake slightly, but I took a deep breath in and nodded to her lightly, and then went to speak before she interrupted.

“You sure you’re making the right decision, Ali?” she asked. I sighed lightly and shifted my gaze away slightly and bit my lip, not truly sure at all. “It was all ready going to be rough with the circumstances you were in, but this seems a bit… I don’t know…”

“Completely insane?” I suggested as I turned back to look at her, smiling wryly. She mimicked the smile.

“Yeah, pretty much. So are you going to be all right?”

I stared at her a moment. There was something very odd about the way she was looking at me, and she suddenly stiffened. I then saw James appear behind her, his slender figure shadowed in the doorway slightly, and for some reason I stiffened as well.

“What’s going on here?” He asked curiously, his mouth forming into a small frown. I shook my head briefly at the ominous feeling, trying to make it go away, but it wouldn’t.

“Not much, Jamesy, we’re just having a girl talk,” I said, smiling weakly. James didn’t take the hint that it was a private conversation, or if he did he ignored it, and leaned against the wall.

“Oh? About what, if you don’t mind me asking?” I looked to the side and contemplated a neutral answer to get him to leave. I felt the edge of the vanity desk lightly with my fingers, the wood worn and a light brown, looking more tan in the soft light. I was about to make up an answer when Katy suddenly sharply turned around to face him.

“None of your damn business, all right? Why don’t you just leave us to talk.”

James looked alarmed, but then put on a face of hurt and defensiveness. “All right, all right. I’ll leave. I just wanted to tell Ali that I think she made the right decision about the baby, though it was a tough one to make.” He then looked me dead in the eye, and I felt my insides shake slightly.

“Right, James, thanks…” I eventually mumbled, feeling my mouth go weak again. It was one of those stares that invaded every bit of you, looked to your core, and searched. I was dumbstruck on the feeling it gave, and was relieved when he nodded and looked away.

“No problem, anytime,” he said, and nodded back to me. He then left, and Katy slammed the door behind him.

“Fucking asshole,” Katy swore. I raised my eyebrows in surprise.

“What did he do?” I asked, immediately concerned. If he had done anything to hurt Katy, and also thereby hurting Jenn, he would have to pay-

“Nothing,” Katy admitted with a sigh, her shoulders drooping slightly. Now I was more confused. Her hair fell in front of her face slightly, and she blew at it. “He just… I don’t know. Something about him freaks me out. And I get agitated. But anyways-” she shook her head slightly “-I guess I have to agree. It was the right decision to make, I guess. I don’t know. I mean, I know that since I’m Catholic I’m supposed to reject the idea of abortion, but I think if you had gone through with it, The Big Man Upstairs would have forgiven you.” She smiled lightly. “But I’ll always be here for you, Gytha. Whenever you need help with the baby, or just a little nap. We’ll all be here.”

“Thanks, Gytha,” I smiled. She smiled back, and soon left. I sighed lightly. God, taking care of a child was going to be hell in a handbasket- or baby carriage, however you want to put it. In any way, it was going to be a whole lot of suckage- if it made it through. If I made it through.

I sighed, and sat down. Wasn’t there something onScrubs about a girl who had broken heart syndrome, or something like that? She ended up having heart failure because of it. I clutched my heart for a moment. I suddenly had the memory of the way Billie had tore at his heart before- I instantly took my hands away, grimacing. I didn’t like to remember that. The baby didn’t need to feel my pain, my memories. Apparently they could feel things like that. I was supposed to be reading those books, but I always got distracted…

“Ali Muerte, are you reading those books like you’re supposed to?” Frankie called out.

“Stay out of my head!” I yelled. It meant to be playful, but suddenly I really was angry. Damn hormones. Frankie then poked his head out of the hallway.

“Yes, Mein Fϋhrer.” He stuck his hand out of the doorway in a Nazi salute, and I took the closest thing and whipped it at his head-a hairbrush. He, of course, dodged it and reappeared instantly, making it look like it had passed right through him. He grinned, making me get angrier. “Can’t throw stuff at me.”

“Then I’ll hold you and beat you!” I yelled, standing up. His eyes went wide and he disappeared the next moment, leaving me to sit there and sigh, my anger instantly releasing. I grabbed a book, made my way through the hall and over to the couch room, and nearly instantly fell asleep.

And oh God, how I dreamed.
♠ ♠ ♠
In the little spare time I had, I cranked this out :D Sweet beans and giblets, it's hard to find free time anymore. What's the world coming to?
Uh-oh, crazy cat's on the move, gotta go!
-- The Loving Aftermath
P.S., thanks to Alison for helping me name the chapter =]