Status: Reactivated

My Guardian Vampire

Chapter 115

At first, there was only sound. Besides the muteness of it, it seemed like a normal dream. Then, at the back of wherever I was, a felt a sense of pure urgency. I tried to fight it for a moment, but it soon became impossible, like fighting a rapid that was too deep to stand in, the edges too far away to have anything to grab onto. I eventually gave in and went under.

I opened my eyes.

All I saw in return was eyes staring back at me, large brown ones. They were beautiful, dark with random hints of lighter hues, almost like gold. But I wasn’t thinking about that-or, at least, whoever was seeing wasn’t. I felt like I was sitting in the back of a mind- I saw the sights, heard the sounds, and even thought the thoughts- but it was also like I had another mind, one that I identified as me, not really there. It was like watching a first-person point of view movie.

While I was preoccupied with the eyes, the other mind simply felt fear. And then, we listened:

“Awake now, I see. Welcome to your new, more permanent home.”

At this, there was a strong sense of fear, then anger.

The mind said something, but I couldn’t hear it, the sound muffled outside of the head. Inside it was all echoes, totally impossible to understand. The vision rocked back and forth, and I realized the body was handcuffed to a metal chair. Whoever this was, they were in deep shit.

The voice said something else; I wish I could have covered my mind; the echoes were starting to hurt. But I could feel the emotions behind the words; feel that though they were scared they were smirking from whatever they said. The face backed away, and I could see more of the face- the vision was blurry, as if the connection between my mind and theirs was faint.

I wondered if I could talk, if I could do anything. I opened my mouth to speak, figuring maybe the body or second mind could hear me, but something cut me short. It suddenly felt very crowded, like if someone else was pushing up against me. I pushed back, they pushed back harder, but I gave a sharper shove, and the sensation was gone.

Though I couldn’t see much of the face in front of me, I could tell they were frowning. They then got very close to the body’s face again, and I could hear them emit a growl before they managed a smile, vicious as the tone behind the words.

“So, you learned a trick, huh?” the person said. The voice seemed familiar, but not enough for me to figure out who they were. In all honesty, I was feeling very tired; it seemed like the longer this went on, the more it took out of my mind, though I wasn’t really exerting any kind of force I knew of. The body said nothing, but I could feel a slight sense of pride, the smirk again. When the person in front of them smiled in return however, the body frowned. The person came up closer, and stared into the body’s eyes- but I felt those brown eyes stare past the exterior, as if they were looking for me.

“You in there, Ali?”

I guess they were.

I didn’t move, didn’t respond, didn’t think. The man eventually backed away, and I saw him frown. He then looked away, now seeming to stare back at the body. If I had breath at the moment, I would have blown it out.

“What game are you playing at?” he asked, and the voice said something for a while. The echoes were starting to cause me noticeable pain, and as soon as they did, the voice stopped speaking. The man seemed to raise his eyebrow at the sudden stop, and the voice continued, shallower. It was a lot easier to hear, and a lot less painful, though still slightly muffled. I could only make out random phrases.

“Wha… your… ness… me? …am I?”

The man chuckled, and shook his head.

“You know very well where you are, or at least who I’m with. And the reason is revenge, my dear Gerard.”

I couldn’t help it. How could I help it?

“Gerard?” I asked aloud in the mind. The man snapped his head towards me. He shook his head, as if the body was a bad puppy.

“Oh you silly boy-”

I suddenly heard Gerard’s voice, clear as day, though his mouth did not move. It was his thoughts, directed at me.

“Ali! Vincent’s working for-”

I barely saw Vincent’s arm move before everything went black.

I sat up in bed, panting heavily. I looked around, looked down, making sure I was still me and I was where I thought I was. There was, of course, only one thing to say after that kind of dream:

“What the fuck?!”
♠ ♠ ♠
So, I'm in college now. Heh, it's so weird. I started this story in what, seventh grade? Honestly, I didn't know I'd make it to today, being on my own. Fortunately, now that I've gotten into the rythm of school life again, I think I can actually write this, as much as the past has seen empty promises. I went through a bit of a rough spot- I still am- but I'm coping, turning into an adult. I guess. Er, maybe?
Heh, I started to post this on theblackparade.net. If you care to read it there, I'm not up to this present chapter, but I have edited small pieces- I realize I've never bothered to go back and correct my seventh grade spelling or grammar on this site, but to go through it again and again seems near impossible. Besides, though through posting and editing on the other one, though I realized a lot of this made little to no sense, I almost like it that way. Though I'm by no means a good or decent writer, I can at least see I've progressed some by visiting those past mistakes.
This chapter, obviously, has been giving me the biggest writer's block. I lost my little red notebook while I was in high school one day, and that in turn was another devistating blow to progress. I had all my ideas, the entire layout of this written out- and I realized I could actually remember very little of how it was supposed to go.
So now, I'm freewriting, yay!
So hopefully I can continue. This is also kind of forced, since MCR have a new song out today, for the first time in four years! Yay! I figured it was my duty to celebrate :D
I hope things find you well. Tell you how much you hate me in comments?
Love and hope and hugs and detonation!
--The Na in Na Na Na