Status: Reactivated

My Guardian Vampire

Chapter 15

"Oh-!" I started to say, but they covered my mouth, leaving me wondering once again why the hell someone thought this was supposed to make people shut up.

My eyes began to focus to the darkness better, and I could make out the person's face. This almost caused a scream out of me, but suddenly, he was kissing me, drowning my scream. I pushed him away.

"Don’t scream!" he hissed, then his eyes softened. "Please...I need to tell you what's going on." I nodded, my mind trying to figure out what was going on.

"You-you're not real..." I said, staring at him wide-eyed. "You're just a dream..." He shook his head. Gerard's...brother, the one from my dream, was sitting there.

"No, I'm not," he said. "Ali, you know what happened before. You were there. I don't know what Gerard tried to convince you, but you need to get away from him," he said, then paused. "You can't think all of these things are adding up. Gerard is lying to you, trying to take you-"

"Take me?" I asked, shaking my head trying to make sense of all of what was happening. "What do you mean take me? What's going on?" A thousand questions were going through my head, and I could barely get a rein on them.

"Look, I don’t have time to explain, Gerard will be looking for you soon, and he can't know I'm here," he said. "I'll be coming back tonight, and I'll wait for you outside. It’s very important that they don’t know you’re leaving-"

"Leaving?" I asked, cutting him off again. "Who said I'm going anywhere?" He looked at me crossly.

"Ali, you’re going to have to trust me on this, I really can't explain now," I started to back off, wanting to run.

"No," I said, and he quickly grew angry.

"Ali, you don't know what's going on!" he said, holding my shoulders, near to shouting. "This is all a game to him! Oh, he'll play it for a while, but if he gets bored its game over! You will die! Do you understand?" He was shaking me now, and I was close to tears. He saw this, and stopped shaking me. I looked away, my heart so confused and hurt. He held my face, making me look at him.

"Look, I'm sorry I'm doing this to you, but I will not let you die."

I nodded once, still having no idea what was going on. Seeing my confused expression, he quickly thought for a brief moment. "Remember the forest?"

I looked at him wide-eyed, instantly knowing what he meant, vivid memories flashing through me.

The pale face, the long hair...his voice...
I should have picked that up long ago.
Seeing my expression, he nodded.

"Gerard," he stated simply. "Ali, I was the one in your head that night. I tried to get you out of there, and fortunately your cousin seemed to save you both times..." I looked at him questioningly.

'Both times?'

He nodded once again at my confused expression. "When she picked you up from the forest, and again in the parking lot..." he trailed off, leaving me feeling sick. What was Gerard going to do to me in that parking lot?

He suddenly perked up, his back going straight.

"I hear them talking about you. They'll be coming out any moment now. I know this is hard to understand, but just trust me on this. Once that fog comes into your mind, they can all know what your thinking. I don't want you to try to get rid of it, or they'll know something is up and watch you like a hawk. But this is very, very important. You cannot think of me at all, especially when the fog is in your head. Gerard will know I was here. Please, this is the only way I can save you..." I nodded once, accepting this. "Try to get out of the house as soon as possible, when Gerard is asleep. I'll be waiting." I felt him kiss my cheek, and he was gone.

The door clanged open and I sighed, ignoring the fact that he had just disappeared, not able to take it in. I stood up, smiling, but then turned my head and checked my cheeks, making sure I had never cried. I wasn't sure why--okay, I had some idea--but it felt like my heart was being broken.

Gerard then stepped outside, beckoning me in. I calmly walked across the lawn and up the porch, where Gerard wrapped his arm around me, and I tensed slightly. He noticed this, and I slowly felt the fog creep into my mind. I frowned, resisting it for a moment, but let it in. I kept my mind blank for a moment, and then began to think of what was going on inside.

'What the hell is Gerard up to...?' I thought, and Gerard smiled. I ignored this, making sure I kept my mind on what was happening inside. Gerard opened the door, and we walked inside.

Inside, Brittany, Grace, Katy, and Casey were all sitting on random furniture. Inside the tiny room, cramped in, was a drum set, a microphone, a few amps, and three guitars.

"How did you guys fit all of this stuff through the doorway?" I laughed, though it sounded slightly strangled. I cleared my throat.

"Piece by piece," Frank said, smiling widely as he tuned his guitar. Ray then turned to me.

"Sorry about before, I didn't mean to be a jerk," he said, and looked at Casey.

"Yeah, me too," she sighed, not looking at me. I shrugged.

"It's ok, I'm sorry for being a jerk too..."I said, sitting down. Gerard walked in, smiling widely, showing his teeth. I ignored the urge to gulp nervously, and instead thought of how handsome he looked.

He smiled again, directly at me now, making my heart thump, though I knew deep inside of me that it was not in the good way. I just kept on thinking randomly, this time wondering what they would be playing. I then thought of the songs, remembering them only vaguely. Except that last one where Gerard and I first kissed... I thought of the kiss, blushing slightly. Gerard laughed suddenly, studying me and smiling devilishly, causing me to blush even more. The band finished setting up, and Gerard began to talk into the microphone.

"You're probably wondering why you four were brought in tonight... We're going to be trying out a new song on you guys-well, girls, because each one of us has decided that you'll all say that you loved it," he said, and we all laughed. The beat began to start to their new song, and I listened intently.

"Oh, you look so tired
Your mouth is slack and wide
You're ill-housed and you’re,
You're ill-advised
I bet your face is as mean
As your life has been..."


So far the song was pretty good, and Brittany and Katy were dancing with the beat. I was surprised it didn't sound darker, like their other songs.

"And oh, you look so tired
Well but tonight you presume too much
Too much, I said too much
and if it's the last
Thing I ever do,
I'm gonna get you!

Crash into my arms
I want you!
You don't agree,
But you don't refuse
I know you..."


My eyes stared at them widely, but then I quickly thought of the neighbors hearing instead... Instead of those lyrics being sung. But I couldn't help it, those lyrics were so close to what was going on these last few days, especially last night...

How new was this song?

"And oh I, I know a place
Where no one is likely to pass
Oh, you don't care if it's late
And you don't care if you're lost..."


These lyrics caused me to start thinking of the forest, however I immediately pushed it back down, thinking instead of 'when do these guys get to practice? I never hear them...'

"And oh, you look so tired
Well but tonight you presume too much..."


'Exactly like my thought last night-' I realized what I thought, and pulled off a smile, in case Gerard had been paying attention, and quickly followed it with another thought. 'Funny how he seems to know exactly how I feel.'

"Too much, I said too much
And if it's the last
Thing I ever do ,
I'm gonna get you!"


I could tell part of me wanted to dance, to be doing the same as my friends and have a good time, but those lyrics...

"Crash into my arms
I want you!
You don't agree
But you don't refuse
I know you...

Come on!
Let's go!

And oh, you look so tired
Well but tonight you presume too much
Too much, I-I said too much
And if it's the last
Thing I ever do
I'm gonna get you!"


Gerard looked at me concerned, and I knew I had to start acting more normally...

"Crash into, oh my fucking arms
I want you!
You don't agree
But you don't refuse
I know you...

Crash into my arms
I want you- fuck!
You don't agree
But you don't refuse
I know you...
Crash...into...my arms!"


The song ended, and Gerard was smiling, but he also looked suspicious.

"It was great!" My four friends screamed in unison, setting me apart instantly.

'Oh, fuck...' I couldn't help but think. All five of the band members snapped their head towards me. 'The neighbors are going to chew us out,' I thought again, covering it up quickly. 'Hey...why are they all staring at me like that...?' They quickly turned their heads away-all except Gerard, who was staring at me intently.

"Um...it was really good," I said smiling. "Totally kick-butt." I went up to him, kissing him on the mouth quickly. "When did you come up with that song?" He smiled, distracted.

"In the last three days," he said, smiling even wider as he said it. I stared at him wide eyed.

"Wow!" I said, acting as if my reaction was more amazement than fear. "Did you write that song about me?" I said, laughing, though I knew it wasn’t a joke. Gerard nodded, watching my reaction. I laughed. "Aw, man why do I get only the creepy songs?" I joked, even though I was terrified inside. I decided to change the subject.

"So... What am I going to do about my mom? I'm going to have to go home sometime--Mom has probably sent out the army by now," I said, frowning slightly. "Plus, I need clothes." Gerard laughed at this.

"Don't worry; I'll figure out something by tomorrow morning," he said, kissing me on the nose while I tried to relax myself.

"Well, I'm going to go home before my parents have a heart attack," Katy said, and eventually everyone left, the guys bringing everyone home. Only Gerard and I were left, standing there awkwardly, alone in this big house. The fog was not strong in my head, but it was still there, drifting about slightly.

Suddenly, my stomach started to rumble. I hadn't even noticed that I hadn't eaten all day.

"Be right back...I'll go make us something." I walked out of the room, leaving Gerard there, into the kitchen. I went towards the fridge, not remembering what we usually stocked the fridge with when tenants came. I went to pull the fridge open, and Gerard was suddenly next to me, pushing his hand against the door.

"No!" he yelled, and I backed off slightly.

"What?" I asked, looking up at him. He looked panicked for a moment, but smoothed his face over again.

"It's a surprise..." he said, and I looked at him, knowing he was bullshitting me.

"Whatever," I snapped, walking around him. "I'm going to bed," I said, walking down the hall.

"Oh no you're not!" he said, walking after me. I laughed bitterly, and kept on walking. I didn't care if he was pissed; I was pretty pissed off myself and so stressed at the situation I couldn't keep a handle on my anger.

"Oh really? Then what am I going to do?" I said, walking into the fancy living room, towards the staircase. I stopped momentarily, stepping onto the staircase, turning and raising an eye at him. "Hmmm?" I asked again, waiting for his response before I continued.

He just stared at me, saying nothing.

"I thought so..." I said. I figured that probably wasn't the smartest thing to say, for it was the words that usually pushed someone like him off the edge, but I didn't care at that point. I started to climb the steep wooden steps, when I was tackled from behind, and in one smooth motion I was thrown over Gerard's shoulder. He bounded up the steps, carrying me as if I weighed no more than a box of tissues. I kicked at him, hitting his back, feeling slightly dizzy as I watched the winding steps fall away from me.

"Let me go!" I yelled, and Gerard stopped at the edge of the second story landing, bending backwards slightly so I could see almost all the way down the twisting steps.

"Oh, so you want me to let go?" he asked, loosening his hold of me slightly.

"No!" I squeaked, now trying to hold onto him. He laughed, and let me slip the opposite direction safely onto the landing. I glared at him, but sighed. "Thank God, I think I'll do my own walking from here."

"No," Gerard said simply, picking me up bridal-style, bounding up the last set of stairs once again. I sighed, wondering if I would ever get to walk again, making Gerard laugh.

We talked for a while, but I made sure it was not long before I pretended to feel sleepy. Gerard sang me the song from the night before once again, and I pretended to fall asleep once again, this time on his arm for an easier escape. I thought of nothing, just a pure blackness, until I heard the eventual slowing of Gerard's breathing.

I slowly climbed out of the bed, opening the door just wide enough so I could get through. My heart was jumping around in my chest, figuring that sound alone would wake him up. As softly as I could, I made my way down the two flights of stairs, trying to recall every memory I've had of running up and down these stairs as a child, so I could know which ones not to step on. I successfully made it down the stairs and out the door, taking in a breath of fresh air, waiting for my heart to stop pounding. Though the lamps lined the street, most had died off, leaving only some vision here and there, dangerous for people walking on the road at night.

"Oh Ali, Ali, I thought you could have done better than that," Gerard said, stepping out of the shadows into the light, shaking his head slightly.

'Oh. Fuck.'
♠ ♠ ♠
The song is originally by 'Morrissey' but MCR does a kick-butt cover of it.
Hehehe I love people's comments,
Especially Sexpenguins, xFatalxAttractionsx, KronicKitty, and Famous_Last_Goths *hands cupcakes*

Comments=Cupcakes
(not that I actually know how to make them, i'm the kind of person that burns cereal)