Status: Reactivated

My Guardian Vampire

Chapter 18

18
I watched the two Gerards wrestle, losing track of which one was which. One punched the other in the face, hard, and the other one was knocked out. The one standing walked over to me slowly, smiling, wiping some blood off of his lip. He stood above me, looking at me momentarily. My mouth was dry, and I couldn't even see anymore, tears welling up in my eyes as I fought against losing consciousness, pain rolling over me in waves.

"Gerard?" I asked quietly. He smiled at me, kneeling down.

"Not a chance," Gerard's brother said, now he suddenly looked like himself again. I looked towards the real Gerard; whatever was left of my heart was crumbling. "I'll take care of him after you, don't you worry," the brother said, tilting my neck.

"Don't you dare hurt him..." I said weakly. Gerard's brother chuckled, then sank his one vampire tooth into my throat, tearing it open, beginning to lick at my blood, my life, tasting it.

I shivered, knowing this was the end, feeling strangely peaceful though I was upset that Gerard was hurt.

But still, I was barely there, my mind drifting as his brother began to suck my blood, taking a large mouthful down.

Then he was off me, screaming, grabbing at his throat, as if he was trying to tear something out of it.

"What did you do?!" He yelled, and started to choke me. "Why am I on fire?!"

I was beginning to suffocate, and Gerard's brother fell to his knees, grabbing at his throat again. Gerard must have woken up from the screaming, because he tackled his brother, beating the shit out of him as his brother was still screaming. I had been bleeding violently all this time, and everything started to go black. I murmured something, though even in my mind I wasn't sure what. The last thing I heard was a sickening "snap" before I passed out.

I woke up, though I don't know if that is the correct word for it. I more slipped into consciousness, though all I saw was black. after one or two times of being in this state, I realized that my eyes were closed and that I could not open them, or that I was blind...or I was simply dead, never to see the day of light again.

As time passed, however long it was, I started to hear voices, wanting to scream that I was here, cold and alone, but no one could hear me. Later still, I would hear more sounds, clearer, sharper. Faint beeps, about every other second, or maybe it was a minute, or maybe even an hour or day, I had no way to tell. I was eventually able to recognize some voices. My family, some friends I think. Then there were also voices I couldn't figure out. I had no idea where I was, still not knowing if I was alive.

And then one day, I opened my eyes. But once I opened them, I could not close them again, it having took all my strength to just open. There was a face leaning over me, yelling at me, and I just wanted them to stop. Other people came in, and yelled at me too. Eventually someone shut my lids, and I thanked them silently. I slipped back out into my mind, exhausted.

Soon enough, I could open and close my eyes, though I could never speak. Voices became sharper, and I could eventually match sounds with faces. Doctors, Nurses, My family, and... Gerard.

Gerard would talk to me, promising to never leave me, talking to me about things he wished he had told me before. I had no idea what he was talking about, my memories of what had happened were so scattered. Sometimes I would wake up, and it would be daytime. Gerard would be sitting in a chair pushed up against the wall so no light could touch him, but he would look very sick. I think the nurses were worried--I don't know what Gerard told them, but eventually I was moved to a room without windows. Every once in awhile Mikey or Frank or one of Gerard's friends would come in, looking worried and bringing Gerard something. I would try to smile at them, to reassure them, but it would hurt too much to try, and I'd have to close my eyes again.

Then I began to hear music in my head, comforting me whenever I was "awake."

Sometimes I would stay conscious enough to hear an entire song, sometimes just bits and phrases. Some would be sad, and eventually they became weird, I think whoever was singing them was starting to go a little crazy...

"...And we can run, from the backdrop of these gears and scalpels
At every hour goes the tick-tock bang of monitors as
They stared us down when we met in the emergency room
And in our beds, I could hear you breathe with help from cold machines...

Every hour, on the hour, they drew blood...

Well I felt I couldn't take, another day inside this place
From silent dreams we never wake, and in this promise that we'll make
Starless eyes for heaven's sake, but I hear you anyway
Well I thought I heard you
Say I like you, we can get out
We don't have to stay, stay inside this place..."

"...To un-explain the unforgivable,
Drain all the blood and give the kids a show.
By streetlight this dark night,
A séance down below.
There're things that I have done,
You never should ever know!

And without you is how I disappear,
And live my life alone forever now.
And without you is how I disappear,
And live my life alone forever now.

Who walks among the famous living dead,
Drowns all the boys and girls inside your bed
And if you could talk to me,
Tell me if it's so,
That all the good girls go to heaven.
Well, heaven knows..."

"...Mama, we all go to hell,
Mama we all go to hell,
I'm writing this letter, and wishing you well
Mama, we all go to hell..."

"...They all cheat at cards and the checkers are lost,
My cellmate's a killer, they make me do push-ups in dra-a-a-ag
But nobody cares if you're losing yourself...well am I losing myself?!
Well, I miss my mom,
Will they give me the chair,
Or lethal injection, or swing from a rope if you dare;
Ah, nobody knows...all the trouble I've seen!

Now, but I can't
And I don't know
How we're just two men as God had made us,
Well, I can't...well, I can!
Too much, too late, or just not enough of this
Pain in my heart for your dying wish,
I'll kiss your lips again.
To your room...
What they ask of you
Will make you want to say, "So long..."
Well, I don't remember,
Why remember...you?!

Do you have the keys to the hotel?!
'Cause I'm gonna string this motherfucker on fire!
Fireeeeeee!"


Then at one point, I heard a song that I actually remembered...
♠ ♠ ♠
All the songs in here are in the playlist, as always XP
Meh I didn't know where to end this chapter...

Oh, and
HAPPY FREAKING EASTER
And if you dont celebrate easter, I hope you have a happy candy stealing ;P
^-^
Hehehe comments = easter love!
()()
=('.')=
<( )>---fat bunny gives you a hug ^-^