Status: Reactivated

My Guardian Vampire

Chapter 28

I woke up and smiled to myself, Gerard's arm still around me. I turned my head into the pillow, smiling even more. It felt like a great day. I thought about what happened last night, trying to remember how I fell asleep. I turned around to face Gerard, and his eyes fluttered opened. His sleepy eyes focused on me, and he slowly smiled.

"Morning," he breathed, and shut his eyes again. I smacked him.

"What was that for?" he asked, his eyes open once again.

"You made me go to sleep last night," I complained, and he grinned. I smacked him on the arm again, and he laughed and kissed me. "How long did it take you to fall asleep?"

"Not long," he said, "I was pretty tired too, even though I slept all day."

"Good," I said, satisfied. "What time is it?"

"Noon," he said, reaching behind him and grabbing the clock. He set it back down. "I guess I was really tired."

"Me too," I admitted. I sat up, figuring I should probably go out and start my morning routine. Gerard pulled me back down.

"No, don't get up," he pleaded sleepily. I laughed.

"Gerard, I gotta take a shower," I said, talking to him like the little kid he was. I tried to get up, but he moved ontop of me, kissing me.

"I don't want you to leave. I never get to see you enough."

"I know, but school is almost out. Then we have an entire summer together."

"I can't wait," he grinned, kissing me again. I loved the way his lips felt on mine, I could have stayed here all day. The kiss deepened as we began to make out, his tongue slipping into my mouth playfully. He put his hand on my face, his thumb rubbing my cheek softly.
My god, I loved Gerard so much.

The door crashed open, and then crashed close. Gerard was suddenly off of me, and I was being crushed.

"Frankie and Bert, what the fuck," Gerard said from the floor.

"Feel like getting off my stomach?" I said to Frankie. He scooted down onto my lap. "Why are you two up now?"

"Britt's asleep, so I woke up Bert and we've been running around the basement for a few hours. Then we decided to wake you two up. But I guess you two were already up."

"Yeah," I laughed.

"MMF!"

I looked to the floor, and Bert was sitting on top of Gerard. They were suddenly gone, but then there again, now Bert had Gerard's arm in a hold. He was grinning like a madman.

"Say uncle!" Bert said.

"Uncle! Uncle!"

“You’re so weak,” Bert laughed, letting Gerard go. Gerard rubbed his arm.

“You’re just older, and you eat fresh food.”

“Fresh?” I interrupted, looking at Bert. He paused, looking caught, before nodding and looking down ashamedly.

“Yeah… Gerard is stronger than me there. It’s so fucking hard to give up.”

“Oh,” I said awkwardly. Frankie seemed to feel it, getting off my lap to avoid the awkward waves. Gerard smiled at me, happy that he had something on Bert.

“But I’m trying,” Bert said, looking up and smiling at me. Gerard walked over an knelt on the bed, hugging me from behind.

“Try as hard as you can,” Gerard said, kissing my neck and looking back at Bert. “It’s well worth it.”

“I can tell.”

We chilled in the attic for the most of the day, Bob Ray Mikey Grace Casey Brittany and Katy eventually stuffed in there with Frank Gerard Bert and I, the entire gang. It was nice, to say the least. Us being all together, happy like one big family, was awesome. All the guys and their girls were together on the floor, everyone talking at once. Except lonely Bert, sitting on the side of me. I instantly felt sympathetic for him.

"Bert, I feel bad with you being alone," I said, unsure of how we could help. I wished there was someone for him.

"It's ok," Bert said chuckling. "Vampire girls are so damn territorial and needy, not worth the fight. And I don't know how I could hold back from... doing something horrible to a human." My bad feelings doubled for him.

"Aw Bert, I know it must be hard. Well, I don't know, but-"

"I get it," Bert said, holding up a hand and laughing. "Relationships are just something I'm working on at the moment. I mean I like someone, it's just..."

"Aw Bert has a crush!" I teased, though not loud enough for the group to hear. I was sitting on Gerard's lap, but he was busy joking with Frankie on the other side of us, who was cuddling with Britt and poking her side. Bert frowned. "What's the matter Bert?"

"Nothing, the person I like is... taken."

"Oh, I'm sorry Bert. Any way I can help? I'm guessing it's probably not someone I know," I said laughing.

"Oh no, you know them. But the only way you can help at the moment is by giving me a hug."

'I know them?' I leaned over and hugged Bert, half confused. 'Oh fuck, if he likes one of my friends and tries anything I'll be forced to kill him.' We parted, and I looked at Bert seriously.

"Bert, if it's one of my friends-" I whispered, but he cut me off.

"Don't worry about it Ali. It's not Brittany or Casey or anyone. Just someone you know, that's all."

"Oh, okay..."

I prepared myself for the awkwardness, but it never came. Instead, it was placed by Frankie's yelling.

"Sun's down! Sun's down!" I heard Brittany scream, and Frankie and her were suddenly gone.

"Wow, Frankie did not like being stuck up here," Ray said, and everyone began to file out of our room. Bert left last, Gerard and I pausing by the door.

"I think I'm gonna go take that shower now," I said, heading to the bathroom. Gerard grabbed my hand as I began to walk away.

"Hey," he said, "I love you." He gave me a hug and a kiss. I stared at him.

"What was that for?"

"Nothing. I'll see you downstairs later, ok?"

"Sure," I said, a little lightheaded. I smiled and we both walked out into separate rooms.

I climbed into the shower, glad that everyone was finally out of my room. While in the shower, I sang softly to myself, thinking.

'Who the hell could Bert like? As far as I know he's only met us, though he does disappear every once in a while. I know he couldn't like me, because-'

Because why?

'Uhh...Did I just think that? That sounded like me, but-'

I have to stop fooling myself. Bert obviously likes me. Question is, do I like him back?

'Me? Like Bert. Yeah, OK. He's a nice guy and all, and I do worship his music, but I don't think I could ever like him like that...'

Funny how I didn't think of Gerard once in those reasons.

'Well, obviously I love Gerard more than anything. I know that. I've never felt better. He's given me something music could never come close to, and all I thought to life was music. He is the best escape, and I want nothing more than him.'

Am I so sure about that though? What if there was something more?

'More...What more could there be? If there is more, I don't want it. I just want Gerard. He's all I've ever needed.'

My mind stopped coming up with more questions. I finished my shower, slightly disturbed. Why was I questioning what I wanted all of the sudden? I've never felt more content or whole in all my life.
♠ ♠ ♠
DUDE!
I got comments from old and BRAND-SPANKIN NEW people.
I wasn't going to update since I was going over my fiance's house, but you guys are too awesome to put off ^-^
Off to have hot sex with my fiance!
<3 Comments <3 You all