Status: Reactivated

My Guardian Vampire

Chapter 29

I dried my hair the best I could and put on some more clothes. I left my hair slightly damp to help keep me cool in the warming weather... Though I guess I didn't have to, as I had my own cooling system: Gerard.

I walked down the two flights of stairs into the living room, where mostly everyone was, though I heard some people in the kitchen.

"Gee Gee?" I asked once I got to the bottom of the stairs.

"Kitchen," Bob said, pointing as if I didn't know where it was.

"Thanks, Bob. Those hands better not go any higher or lower." Bob had his hands wrapped around Katy's stomach as she sat on his lap. Katy stuck her tongue out at me as I walked off. I then walked into the kitchen, humming to myself.

"Gerard, I'm not tr-"

"Hey guys," I said. Gerard and Bert were talking, and I was suddenly hit with the harsh tone in the room. Bert was against the sink, and looked as if he was getting ready to be hit. Which was probably a good idea, as Gerard looked almost in a fighting stance.

"Uh...Did I interrupt something?" I asked, trying to lighten the mood.

"Nothing important," Gerard said. Coming over to me. I gave him a "bullshit" look, but he ignored me, putting his hand on the small of my back and leading me out of the kitchen. We walked into the living room, and Gerard sat on the couch. He took my hand and pulled me to sit on him, but I pulled my hand away gently, folding my arms.

"Come on, I promise I'll tell you later."

"No," I said stubbornly, turning away. Gerard moved over to my side of the couch and hugged me, kissing my neck. I knew I wouldn't win this battle.

"Fine, you win," I said, And leaned back on the arm of the couch, putting my legs over his. He smiled, and then he and Mikey began talking about some dude in New York or something. There was apparently a bunch of vampires in New York or something, nothing I knew a lot about. It was idle chitchat, really. What I was focusing on was Gerard. I didn't know how I could even question for a second how I loved him. Every second with him made my heart beat faster, made a smile constant at the edge of my lips. As he talked he rested his hands on my legs casually, rubbing them almost unconsciously as he talked, only breaking to do a hand movement to accentuate a point he had made. I watched him almost dreamily, unsure of how real someone like him could be. Constantly I expected to wake up from this dream, but it hadn't seemed to happen yet.

Oh well, I would enjoy it whole-heartedly until it did.

For the rest of the day we just talked and hung out at the house, like always. Sunday we fell into the same monotonous routine, though Bert and Gerard seemed very chilly to each other. Gerard hadn't told me what he and Bert had been fighting about yet, but I didn't feel like pressuring about it. If I needed to know, I knew Gerard would tell me.

Though this pissiness between them was starting to piss me off.

Bert and I were in the kitchen, me making a snack and him drinking a blood bag. It seemed hard for him to choke down, but he managed it.

"I think it's really great you're trying Bert. I know that sounds stupid, but I mean it. I'm sure it means a lot to us all."

"I'm not sure all of you..."

"Why? Who's doing what?"

"It's Gerard," he said, looking down and putting down the blood bag. I tried to put away all my feelings for Gerard for the moment to listen to Bert. If Bert had a problem, even if it was Gerard, I knew I would have to be fair in hearing it.

"What's Gerard?" I asked as kindly as possible.

"He just doesn't see that I'm trying. I don't really blame him for it, as I've really, really fucked up in the past. That's like my job, fucking up. The band was going great and shit, but even my drugs are messing that up. I barely talked to them once I started getting in so deep." Just at the mention of drugs Bert began to itch his arm.

"Would you like me to talk to him at all Bert?"

"That... that might help. He listens to you."

"Yeah, he does," I said smiling. A moment of silence pushed onto us, but it wasn't so awkward.

"Hey, do you mind if I...step out for a bit? I should be back in an hour."

"Sure," I said, and he sped off, holding his track-marked arm. I shook my head, feeling pity for the poor guy. I walked through the house, looking for Gerard. I found him in the basement, with Ray and Frankie.

"Gerard, can I talk to you for a sec?" I said from the top of the stairs.

"Someone's in trroooubbbleee," Frankie said, grinning. Gerard ignored him and walked up the stairs slowly, looking confused.

"Something the matter?" he asked, taking my hand. I led him up the stairs to the kitchen table.

"Can I talk to you about Bert?"

"Sure. Hold on though. Bob! Katy! Get out." With a sigh, I heard Katy and Bob walk out of the dining room that was next to the kitchen into the further living room. Gerard and I laughed and sat down at the table. He took my hands.

"Ok, now, what's the matter hun?"

"Bert," I said. His look flickered for a moment, turning slightly grimmer. "Gerard," I warned, "don't give me that sulky look. Since you won't tell me what's the matter, I don't know what's going on between you and Bert. But I think he's really trying here..."

Gerard sighed. "I know that you don't know. And it's not fair. But I promise you, you don't need to know the boring history. Not now anyways. Bert...He fucked up most of our lives, and I don't know how long it will take me to forgive him. Plus, he basically screws everything that moves, so I don't exactly trust him around you."

"Me?" I laughed. Ok, it was a big enough leap that I saw Bert Winters on a daily basis at all. But liking me? Impossible.

"Yeah, you," Gerard said, somewhat more seriously. I chuckled at his solemn face.

"Gerard, Bert can't just pick me up and carry me off. I love you, you know that. Forever and ever."

"Forever and ever babe," he grinned, leaning over the table and kissing me.

"I mean, besides, I can't be that attractive," I said, grinning. Gerard hated it when I made fun of myself. He growled and ruffled my hair, and I stuck my tongue out at him.

"Oh, a war is it?" Gerard asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Me? Start a war? Oh Gee Gee, why would I ever do that?"

He growled and lunged across the table, and I shrieked and ran off.

It was on.
♠ ♠ ♠
FO SHO!
I am officially a comment addict.
I love how people are coming up with theories about what's going to happen.
Anyone else have any ideas?
Some of this is predictable, but it takes a turn you could not imagine *goes starry eyes*
*Reader slaps me out of it* Thank you.
*Gives free skull hats to commentors*
Why skull hats? Because theyre awesome, just like you readers ^-^