Status: Reactivated

My Guardian Vampire

Chapter 38

I was walking on the outskirts of New York City.
Probably going to get killed.
...But that was ok.

There were plenty of needles and beer bottles around, though it almost seemed as if I wouldn't have felt it if something stabbed through my converse into my foot. I almost laughed at the thought: someone jumping out to attack me and I end up walking around, not noticing some kind of knife sticking out of my back from the lack of emotion I felt. Something in the back of my mind, probably the last dying ember of my sanity, was saying that something was not right, that this shouldn't be happening. But at least the voice was no longer in my head, no longer torturing me.
I guess I had done the right thing.

I walked blindly into an alleyway, barely able to see a thing. I still didn't care; I could have probably walked all the way into New Jersey without noticing. I heard loud music thumping through one of the walls; I would have never heard it if I hadn't stumbled down here. Putting my hands against the brick, I could feel the vibrations tingling my hand—someone was throwing a party. This whole section of the outskirts seemed abandoned; it was strange to see one place so randomly alive.

The door opened, letting out a burst of light and sound—laughter, music, cheers. I saw someone stand outside, the door closing behind them acting as a muzzle to the party within. A small lamp above the door illuminated the figure in the doorway, the night crushing around their small aura of light. I took in the person standing there and he was... absolutely beautiful: an angel face with a damn good body.

I took a sharp intake of breath once I saw him, and he immediately looked in my direction. I was certain that with the night around us he couldn't see me, so I held my breath in. He laughed a light, melodic laugh, and began to walk down the small set of steps slowly. It felt like forever until he finally reached the last step, taking his time. He then leaned against the brick, pulling out a cigarette and lighting it, taking it in deeply and blowing it out slowly before speaking.

"I got all night y'know. If you're a druggie, beat it. If you're a cop..." he said, and took another long inhale and exhale of the drag before continuing. "Well, I'd beat it too."

I stepped into the light, fearing nothing now.

"What if I'm neither?" I said, examining the gorgeous man in front of me. We seemed to size each other up for a moment, before we caught eyes—smiling once we realized we had been doing the same thing. I never looked good to begin with, but standing next to this guy I looked like a piece of shit, one of the layers of dirt that seemed to be forever stuck to this city. He didn't seem to mind however, standing up off the wall and coming closer to me, his appraising stare still seeking me out.

"Well, I guess an option B can be made..." he said, pulling me close to him.

I expected for my heart to race, my cheeks to blush, any sign of life—but instead I felt...nothing. It was like hearing someone with a monotonous tone of voice read a children's book:

"The guy grabs the girl.
The guy kisses the girl.
The guy kills the girl."

I almost laughed at the small horror scene in my mind, complete with some balding guy in his 60's reading this horror book to a group of small terrified children, a secretive smile playing on my lips. The guy smiled also, turning me around and pushing me towards the wall.

"Name? Mine's Billie Joe," he said, kissing my neck. He was clearly not the type to waste time when he wanted something.

"Ali, don't fucking wear it out," I said, part of me still wondering why the hell I was acting like this. I once again shoved the thought aside, moaning slightly as Billie Joe began to give me a hickey. I tried to tell myself that I either liked this or hated it, trying to feel some emotion. My fists were clenched extremely hard, my fingernails biting into my skin with such force that I began to bleed.

As soon as I felt the blood begin to slowly trickle out of the wound, Billie Joe stopped as if he had been frozen. He slowly turned his head, and moved one of his hands that had currently been on my ass to my wrist, gently but forcefully pulling my fingers out of their grip.

I looked at him, wondering how the hell he knew I had been bleeding. He brought my hand to his mouth, licking up the blood slightly as my eyes grew wide. I didn't stop him, unable to speak. He stopped for a moment, thinking.

He looked at me questioningly again, and I began to feel... the fog again.

'What the fuck?'

I quickly pushed it out of my mind, and stared at him in horror. He looked back at me with an equal look on his face, both of us perplexed.

"You taste strange..." he said, and though it was barely audible, something he probably didn't mean to say out loud, I still heard it perfectly.

You're... a... a...." I said, almost fainting. Billie looked alarmed now, trying to push the fog in my head once again. "You're a fucking vampire..." I almost choked, pushing the fog out of my head once again. I almost died, my mind blowing up on the inside as it tried to comprehend what was going on. Billie Joe looked immediately alarmed, and shoved me hard against the brick, pinning me there.

"Who are you?!" Billie Joe asked, sounding angry, almost afraid. "What are you?!"
I trembled, not sure how to answer. My walls began to come down, no longer able to hold up the pressure.

'What am I?'

"I'm a fucking monster..." I said, and I mentally collapsed, only seeing black.
♠ ♠ ♠
Does this count as a cliffhanger?
I don't know.

I hope you've all had a good day

Yay for doing nothing in school!