Status: Reactivated

My Guardian Vampire

Chapter 4

"And if they get me and the sun goes down into the ground
And if they get me take this spike to my heart and...
And if they get me and the sun goes down
And if they get me take this spike and...
You put the spike in my heart"


His voice was so haunting... It creeped into my mind, forcing its way into my brain in a wave, taking over everything, drowning me in this sea in music. As I attempted to fight, feelings of sadness washed over my head: my brain wanted this music.

I knew I could no longer fight it, and simply let it cover me, filling me up and taking over all of me. I simply listened, and the words were put into my brain somehow as I sang and danced along in beat.

"And if the sun comes up,
Will it tear the skin right off our bones?
And then as razor sharp white teeth rip out our necks
I saw you there...

Someone get me to the doctor, someone get me to a church
Where they can pump this venom gaping hole
And you must keep your soul like a secret in your throat
And if they come and get me
What if...
You put the spike in my heart

And if they get me and the sun goes down
And if they get me take this spike and...

Come on!

Can you take this spike?
Will it fill our hearts with thoughts of endless
Nighttime sky
Can you take this spike?
Will it wash away that jet-black feeling?

And now the nightclub set the stage for this
They come in pairs, she said
We'll shoot back holy water like cheap whiskey
They're always there
Someone get me to the doctor, and someone call the nurse
And someone buy me roses, and someone burned the church
We're hanging out with corpses, and driving in this hearse
And someone save my soul tonight, please save my soul

Can you take this spike?
Will it fill our hearts with thoughts of endless
Nighttime sky
Can you take this spike?
Will it wash away the jet black now?

And as these days watch over time...
And as these days watch over time...
And as these days watch over us tonight
And as these days watch over time...
And as these days watch over time...
And as these days watch over us tonight
I'll never let them, I'll never let them...
I'll never let them hurt you not tonight
I'll never let them, I can't forget them...
I'll never let them hurt you, I promise

Struck down before our prime
Before you got off the floor
Can you stake my heart? (Can these thoughts of endless night, bring us back into the light?)
Can you stake my heart?
Can you stake my heart? (Can these thoughts of endless night, bring us back into the light?)
Can you stake my heart?
Can you stake my heart? (Can these thoughts of endless night, bring us back into the light?)
Can you stake my heart?
Can you stake my heart? (Can these thoughts of endless night, bring us back into the light?)
Can you stake my heart?
Can you... stake me... before... the sun... goes down?"


The song faded and ended as I fell, down and down from whatever world I was in back into reality--a fuzzy, confused, but still solid reality. I hit it so hard I actually fell, landing into Gerard’s arms. They were there so quickly it was if he was waiting for me.

I shivered and opened my eyes. I never realized that I had ever closed them. Gerard pushed me up, welcoming me with a huge toothy smile. I heard a very faint voice in my mind, telling me to stop listening, to stop and get away from this man, but I dreamily pushed it out of my head. I guessed that some part of me was fighting this for whatever reason, but that part of me seemed mostly gone. Gerard suddenly touched my forehead to his, making me smile.

"Why is it that I can never quite read you completely?" he asked, and though he was still smiling I knew he was sad at this, upsetting me and making me frown.

"I’m sorry Gerard," I said, pouting. I did not want to make him upset, this beautiful man that made the even more beautiful music that lulled me into a happy sleep inside.

"Don't worry love," he said, standing up and lightly touching my nose once. "I'll figure you out soon enough." He turned and grabbed his mic. "This last song is called 'Cemetery Drive,'" he said, taking the mic out of its stand and walking around as a collective sigh came up from the audience. He laughed into the microphone. "Don't worry," he purred. "We'll be back soon..." The music started up for the last time, and this time I wanted to stay grounded and watch the band make the music.

"This night, walk the dead
In a solitary style
And crash the cemetery gates...
In the dress your husband hates...
Way down, mark the grave
Where the searchlights find us
Drinking by the mausoleum door...
And they found you on the bathroom floor..."


Gerard must have somehow sensed I was not yet lost to his music, and I realized it was because I was not dancing nor singing. Gerard smiled devilishly, and came up to me. I noticed that the other band mates went up close to people in the audience too (except for the drummer of course).

Frank, I think his name was, went up to Brittany (the one that handed her the flyer), Mikey went up to Grace, and Ray went up to Casey. I saw Katy, thinking shed be awkwardly standing alone, but she was drooling over Bob, and he was staring at her somehow while he played: his eyes never went to his drums, leaving me with a sense of awe; he must be extremely good.

I then realized they were all playing to my friends, with me just grinning stupidly in my trance at the luck of it.

Suddenly Gerard completely filled my vision, singing in my face.

"I miss you, I miss you so far
And the collision of your kiss that made it so hard..."


For the seemingly millionth time this night, he came so very close to my face. Then once again he turned away, leaving me slightly breathless and making me pout. He bounced over to some other people, the entire crowd forming a tight invisible ring around the band.

Gerard started to flirt with some other girls, touching their necklaces, singing in their faces, causing jealousy to run through me.

"Back home, off the run
Singing songs that make you slit your wrists
It isn't that much fun, staring down a loaded gun...
So I won't stop dying, won't stop lying (are you there at all?)
If you want I'll keep on crying (do you care at all?)
Did you get what you deserve? (are you there at all?)
Is this what you always want me for?"


The voice suddenly came back again, and I attempted to push it out of my head, but this time it just grew louder, telling me to leave, to go.

"I miss you, I miss you so far
And the collision of your kiss that made it so hard..."


Suddenly a throbbing pain rain through my head, and I fell to my knees, clutching my head. The voice had brought me out of my daydream, telling me that now was my chance to break free, to run and hide. Gerard was suddenly there in front of me, kneeling though still singing and looking into my eyes.

"Way down, way down
Way down, way down
Way down, way down
Way down, way down...

I miss you, I miss you so far...
And the collision of your kiss that made it so hard"


I was almost crying now, and Gerard looked almost panicked, but more than panicked he looked angry and confused. He took me into his arms, and sang. The people around us were gone to the music; not noticing any of this, not realizing it was all so crazy. My friends were gone, lost in the band playing just for them. The voice was yelling again, but it hurt too much for me to understand what it was saying. I looked to Gerard, and his eyes seemed stranger than ever before. And still he sang...

"Well I'll I miss you, well I'll I miss you so far
And the collision of your kiss made it so hard
Made it so hard..."


Gerard suddenly pressed his lips to mine, leaving me no time to react. I don't know if my mind was emotionally capable of reacting; hot mercury poured through my veins as a warm electricity shot through my system, causing my heart to do fourty arial flips within my chest before my brain even realized he was kissing me. Even with his lips to mine, the echoes of the song unfinished somehow rang through my head, replacing completely the angry voice...

"Way down, way down
Way down, way down
Way down, way down
Way down, way down
Way down..."
♠ ♠ ♠
Beautiful Music by MCR (all music in this story is by MCR)
I love you commenters/subscribers <3
Please comment more,
(not that I dont love the comments I have ^-^)
Cupcakes for all!