Status: Reactivated

My Guardian Vampire

Chapter 44

I woke up in a jail cell.

Just one sentence for something so mind-blowingly scary.

"Ahhhhhh!"I yelled, wondering what the hell had happened.

"Miss! Calm down, we were just giving you a place to sleep," a guard said. She opened the door, and I blushed and walked out with my head down.

I collapsed in a small wooden chair and sighed. The lady went behind a desk with an ancient computer on it and began to click away carelessly.

"What's your name, honey?" she asked.

"Green," I blurted. She looked at me questioningly.

"You're name is Green?" I blushed, flustered.

"My name is Lilly Green," I grinned. I was surprised at myself for giving a fake name, but then I realized my compulsive lying had probably just saved me. My own name would have probably registered me as "missing" I would have been forced to go home.

"Ok, Lilly Green. Teased much?" she smiled warmly, not trying to be mean. I nodded slightly, making sure I looked into her eyes.

"Yeah, kids just usually call me Green Lilly, or just Green, but I never really saw it as much of an insult. So I usually stick with Green as a first name. My parents were kind of hippies, to say the least."

She laughed slightly, and kept typing into the computer.

"What were you doing out in the schoolyard?" she asked.

"I... was with someone, a friend, and they got nervous once the police came. I don't have a home and neither does he, but so he probably didn't want to get sent back to an foster home..." I said, my mind taking over as half-lies pooled out of my mouth.

"You don't have a home honey?" she asked, leaning from the computer and looking at me. I almost took the lie back...

But then I realized it was true.

"...No," I said looking straight into her warm, brown eyes. I then began to cry, but I felt like this was at least a healthy cry. I felt some of the grief leave me as I cried. No home, nowhere to go back to. That door had shut long ago, even before I had met Billie Joe. I could have probably pinned down the exact second I myself had closed that door, but it didn't really see the point in trying.

I could start a new life here, in New York. If that didn't work out, I'd just go to New Jersey, or maybe Connecticut. I wasn't sure how well I would fare off, maybe I would get lucky, or just die.
Either was OK with me at this point.

"Oh honey, it will be better, I promise..." the lady said, walking over and gently petting me on the back. I nodded, calming down.

"Thank you," I said, reeling my emotions back into my head, once again trying to build up the broken damn. "What's your name?" I asked, looking up to her. She pointed to a badge.

"I am Officer Tony, but you can call me Luna," she said, and smiled.

"Thanks Luna," I said, nodding and smiling slightly.

"No problem...So let me get some information from you..."

I stuck mostly to truths, only making up things like parents, last address I had, etc.

"Where were you staying?" she asked, looking at the computer.

"I'm not sure where exactly, on the outskirts of the city by the train tracks..."

"Oh wow, how did you end up all the way here in the heart of the city?"

"I uh-" I blushed. "Kind of a long story..." She nodded.

"You can tell me later."

I smiled to her, and asked her what happened next, where did I go from here. She thought about it for a moment, and I was panicked for a moment that I would actually be sent to an orphanage as I had said that my parents had died a long time ago.

"Well, that depends, how is the place you're staying at? I won't report it, but I cannot allow you to stay somewhere illegally if I can help it. Plus, I'll need an address. Is your friend staying with you there?" I nodded.

"I don't know how to get in contact with him though..." I trailed, knowing I was stuck. We then heard a phone ring, and I politely waited for her to pick it up. She didn't move, looking at me.

"Dear, aren't you going to answer that?" she asked, and I looked confused, the phone continuing to ring. I then noticed the ring was coming from my jean pocket.

"Oh!" I said, surprised. I hadn't brought any phone with me, and had never seen the one coming from the inside of my pocket. I answered it carefully, as if it might explode. "Hello?"

"Ali? That you? Where are you?"

"Mike?" I asked. "Yeah, this is Green. Uhh...How did I get this phone?"

"Billie said he slipped it in before he left. Where are you?"

"I'm at a police station!" I yelled, slightly angry at the subject of Billie Joe.

"Yeah, which one?" he asked as if this was nothing exciting. I ignored this, and looked to Luna.

"Where are we?" I asked, and Luna reached her hand out for the phone. "Uh...Mike, Officer Tony wants to talk to you..."

"Hi Mike," she said, with almost a slight hint of hostility in her voice which surprised me. She told him the police station, but instead of giving the phone back to me, she stayed on the line. "So, is this the guy who left my friend here all alone in the city?"

I was about to correct her, but instead I was silenced by the sudden anger on her face.

"He hung up on me! Punk kid," she snarled, but then her face grew normal seeing my freaked out expression. "Sorry dear, rudeness really brings out the worst in me. That's why I came a police officer in the first place; people finally listen to me when I tell them not to be so rude."

I heard the door open behind me, and Luna stood up.

"May I help you?" she asked, and I turned around. Billie Joe slowly walked out of the darkness, not looking at me but instead directly at Luna.

'That was fast...'

"Hello, Luna," he said, stopping in front of the desk and putting a hand on back of my chair, both of us refusing to acknowledge each other. I was surprised at hearing Billie Joe use her first name.

"Billie Joe," she nodded grimly. I looked back and forth from one neutral face to the other.

'Wait...these two know each other?'
♠ ♠ ♠
I just noticed over 400 ppl read the first chapter.
Cool...

<.< >.>
*tackle-hugs every one of my readers*
<.< >.>

...Carry on.