Status: Reactivated

My Guardian Vampire

Chapter 66

"You're not being guarded, you're being protected," Billie said. I spun around, eyes wide and surprised. I had not heard him at all—yet there he was. A chill ran down my spine for some reason.

"Protected? From what?" He walked over to me and snaked his arm around my waist, pulling me to him.

"From being hurt," he said, and kissed me. I pushed him away, and he surprisingly didn’t look hurt—just very tired. He sighed, rubbing his eyes.

"By who?" I asked.

"By anyone," he said, trying to get me close to him. Every one of my senses told me to get away, but I couldn't. "You're mine now, and I love you. I'm not letting you go anywhere."

'Uh-oh, all aboard the crazy train...'

He pushed me even closer to this time, with enough force that when I gave up and moved, it hurt. My pulse must have been going wild; I was scared shitless. He saw my expression, and laughed.

"I don't mean that literally. We can go all over the world if you want, you and I. I just mean I'm not letting you get stolen by anyone..."

"Stolen?" I laughed, though there was a bit of fear in it. I did not like the way he was describing me as an object. That's one thing I had never figured out about all the guys. They were all so damn... territorial. "I'm not something to get stolen."

This looked like a new idea to him, as he looked at me blankly for a moment, before appearing to process this.

"Right. You're right. Here, to show you that you're not being held hostage..." he said, leaning over past me and taking the lock in his hands. He crushed his fingers around it, and it bent and then cracked like half-baked clay. "Go, be free," he said, kissing me once, and then suddenly I was alone.

I walked outside, shutting the door quickly behind me, half expecting some kind of alarm to go off. I also felt the fog slip inside my head, but I pushed it away, disgusted that he even try to use it right now. He persisted, and it suddenly became harder to fight than usual. I began to get painfully dizzy, and I grabbed my head.

"Stop it Billie!" I yelled aloud. At that moment it did stop, though the pain took a moment to recede.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it was short, but i was planning before to make it even shorter. Still, I apologize. I know this story is getting painfully long for some XP and again, I apologize for that. I am so thankful for the readers and commenters and subscribers I have; it is so unbelieveably awesome. I learned a lot this week at camp about how much writing meant to me. The camp is camp Hole in the Wall in CT, check it out if you like. It is my haven.
Three cheers for brittany once again!