Status: Reactivated

My Guardian Vampire

Chapter 69

I checked my money, and I found that I had enough to get into the concert, but I would definitely have to stop at home and take some money tonight.

I waited in the forest forever, watching silently the arc of the sun. Two passed and everyone left, and it was just me, alone… Except for the company of my thoughts. To my surprise, as much guilt and self-loathing for the stupidity of what I had done entered my mind… It didn’t feel the same as the insanity. I didn’t know why it wasn’t happening now, but I did figure it would come back soon now that I was here. I supposed it was just time to accept it, and let things fall where they would.

I'm not sure what time it was exactly, but soon enough I began to hear cars pull up, and guys shouting. The sound put an instant stress on my heart, my chest tightening.

'Oh fuck oh fuck oh fuck I don't want to see him.'

I felt like maybe even going back to Billie Joe would be better than what might come next.

I crept from the far end of the field to the parking lot, unable to resist the urge to see him, even if it meant I myself might be seen. I put my hood up to cover my face, and moved closer towards the vans, leaving the security of the brick school as my cover. I hid behind a car, and studied the vans.

Their van wasn't there.

I breathed out a sigh of relief, but it was short-lived. I remembered that they obviously couldn't come while the sun was up, and the sun keeping me from them was getting lower and lower with every breath I took. I held my breath, hoping that somehow if I didn't breathe the sun wouldn't continue sinking.

It didn't work.

I stood up, sighing at the unsuccessful stopping of time. I was hugged from behind.

"I'd know that sweatshirt anywhere!" I gasped and quickly broke away from the hands, spinning around sharply, my hood falling down.

"Oh, sorry, I thought you were—Wait, it is you! Nice hair," Rob said, hugging me again. I almost cried, my emotions once thrown off balance again.

"R-rob, what are you doing here?"

Stupid question.

"Oh, yeah, concert. Right. Sorry," I said, and Rob laughed.

"Still with the creep?" he said, smiling. I hung my head.

"No," I said, looking down at my converses.

"Oh shit, I'm sorry, I just thought-" he said, and I looked, up, trying to smile.

"It's ok, really. I left him. And I met a new dude, and well..." I said, and unthinkingly flashed my ring to him.

"Holy crap! Are you serious? Tell me this is some kind of friendship ring!"

"It's not. I'm... engaged..."

"Engaged?! You serious?" he asked, and I nodded. "How old are you, 'cause if I'm not mistaken, you're only a teenager. Though I guess it's cool if you believe in that stuff..."

"I'm only a teen, yes. He said we could wait, but…" I said, my voice catching on the words, the full realization hitting me.

"But what? You looked like you've just shit a brick."

"But I was going to get married in a few weeks..."

That's right. I was about to marry some guy that was going to... Well, I didn't exactly know what he was going to do, but I definitely had a bad feeling about it.

"You serious? Is that even legal?! Can I meet him?"

"Well, I kind of... ditched him to come here. I'm not so sure about this anymore..."

"Well..." he said, looking unsure.

"Just tell me what you think; I'm kind of desperate for help here..."

"I think if you're not ready for something like that then you shouldn't go through with it. But what do I know?"

"Probably more than I do," I said, sighing. He grinned.

"Probably?"

"Fine, you don't know more than I do. How's that?" He pouted, and I laughed and hugged him tightly, missing the friendly contact.

"Look, if you see Gerard, don't tell him I'm here please. I know that must sound a little conceded or whatever, but-"

"Don't worry about it. Mum's the word," he said and smiled, then someone called him over from his van. "Hey, I gotta go. See you inside." He gave me another quick squeeze and departed towards the van.

I suddenly noticed it was getting dark.
Crap.

I practically ran inside, putting my hood back up and praying no one would recognize me. I took the breathalyzer and paid my money and went in. I then quickly walked to the bathroom, my head down and my hands shoved into my pockets. Once inside, I locked the stall and figured I'd wait to come out until I heard the bands start. I then turned my sweatshirt inside out, so no one would recognize it as my own, and put it back on.

There I waited, people coming in every so often.
I began to recognize the voices of some of my lesser-known the friends, coming in a group. I was so afraid of being caught I raised my feet so no one could see my shoes.
They eventually left, and about ten minutes later the bands began to start.

With my pulse beating through me rapidly, I undid the lock, my hands trembling, and stepped outside the stall. Cautiously I walked out of the bathroom, my eyes quickly darting around the room. Over where the crowd was the lights were off, the nearest light coming from above the door of the bathroom, right above my head. I quickly moved out of the light towards the crowd in the darkness, hiding by the vending machine. There were quite a few people here, more than usual. I guessed that Gerard's band had grown the popularity of these shows.

The door blew open, and I knew who would be coming through it.

Every fucking cell in me knew it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey everybody!
Sorry I updated later than usual, but my internet has been all over the place today >.< Thank god for the sims XD.
I hope everyone had a good day, insane weather and all.