Status: Reactivated

My Guardian Vampire

Chapter 71

He wasn't... horrible, he was ok.

Just as if any other person had tried to sing the song.

Even though the rest of the music was there, once he was gone everything left. The magic was sucked from everything, people standing around, not impressed. We weren't the only ones however to notice Gerard's sluggish appearance.

"Excuse me son," the police officer said, putting his hand on Gerard, right in the middle of the song. The guys stopped playing, and everyone seemed to hold their breath. "Have you been drinking tonight?"

'Oh, shit.'

Gerard looked at him for a moment, his face concentrating in a familiar look.

'Hey... He's taking the alcohol out of his system! That cheater!'

"Why no officer, I haven't," he said, and flashed a full smile, almost threateningly.

'Woah, what the hell happened to him?'

The officer stuck to his guns, though he looked a little shaken by the smile.

"Mind taking a test then?"

"Not at all," Gerard said, and the officer was handed a breathalyzer test. Gerard blew into the reader and we all waited, everyone looking in at the light.

I couldn't see it from where I was, but I heard the small "Beep!" once it was done.

"Alright son, sorry about that. Had to make sure. Carry on," he said, stepping out. I saw Gerard turn and smile to Mikey, Mikey smiling weakly back.

"Hold on a sec folks, we need to tune up," Gerard said anxiously, and quickly left the ring, making a B-line to Bert who was now standing outside the bathroom, under the light and leaning casually against the wall. He handed a flask to Gerard, which Gerard quickly took a chug out of, downing its contents until it was apparently empty. I couldn’t help but grimace.

He now looked much more relaxed, and Bert seeing his state laughed and kissed him on the cheek. Gerard walked back over through the crowd, smiling dreamily.

"And we're back," he said, and a few people chuckled nervously.

The beat started up again, and it seemed somehow the alcohol began to take immediate effect once again.

Once that song was over they began to play "Cemetery Drive."

As soon as I heard the strings being pulled on the guitars to the tune, my heart began to ache. When he began to sing it, it became the worst.

I really wanted to die at that moment. I would have given anything just to be dead. I didn't know it would have been worse if he had been singing well or not, but this was totally unbearable—every note was like being faced with the force of my stupidity, my destruction again and again. Bert came up during it and began to sing it with him, into the microphone, them both clearly drunk.

"Ali, you're gonna break my arm," Rob said, as I was apparently gripping him extremely tightly. I quickly lessened my grip and apologized, sinking lower into my seat.

Then it came.

I thought I would have been ok with it, even if he had kissed Bert during it, but he didn't.

"And the collision of your kiss made it so hard, made it so hard..."

Instead he leaned over to sing it in someone's face, and they grabbed him. He then I realized began to make out with some girl in the crowd, who I vaguely recognized...

It was the fucking whore from all those nights ago. Fucking Miss Stalker-Priss!

Bert, I imagined, would have been pissed, but when I looked to him he simply laughed, acting like this was one big joke. Inside, I fucking died. I pushed my head into Rob's chest, unable to take the pain. I didn't cry, just sat there, the overwhelming wish to be dead coming back.

"Rob, I want to die. Please make this stop," he patted the back of my head, holding me to him. This was probably a little awkward for him, but thankfully he was the type of guy to not really care.

"It'll be ok. This will all be over soon, I promise." I nodded into his shirt, hugging him tightly. "If it makes you feel any better, he pushed the chick away after a while..."

"’After a while...’" I echoed, and Rob said nothing.

Gerard's voice rang out, bouncing around in my head.

"Mkk, Nowwe gots a new song for y'all... It's called 'Idunlunya.'"

"That's 'I Don't Love You,” Ray said into the microphone, his voice monotone and tinted with annoyance. Gerard laughed, not noticing.

"Yeah, that."

The music began, and Gerard seemed to sober up a little bit before singing, though his face was now wet from sweat from the effort. I couldn’t understand what was the point of drinking to just get serious, but he seemed… I wasn’t sure how to place it. Concentrated, as if this was important.

"Well when you go
Don’t ever think I’ll make you try to stay
And maybe when you get back
I’ll be off to find another way...

And after all this time that you still owe
You’re still a good-for-nothing, I don’t know...
So takes your gloves and get out
Better get out,
While you can...

When you go,
Would you even turn to say:
'I don't love you, like I did,
Yesterday.'

Sometimes I cry so hard from pleading
So sick and tired of all the needless beating
But you baby when they knock you
Down and out
It's where you oughta stay

And after all this time that you still owe
Another dollar’s just another blow
So fix your eyes
And get up,
Better get up, while you can

When you go,
Would you even turn to say:
'I don’t love you, like I did,
Yesterday.'

When you go,
Would you have the guts to say:
'I don’t love you
Like I loved you
Yesterday

I don’t love you
Like I loved you
Yesterday

I don’t love you
Like I loved you
Yesterday...'"


Gerard dragged out the last lines, almost sobbing, and fell to the floor. No one seemed to move, not even his band mates, boyfriend, or brother. Everyone only stared at him wordlessly.

"Rob, please pick him up," I said, pushing my head back into Rob's chest again. He patted my head once and stood up, detangling himself from me, and pushed through the crowd and helped Gerard up. Once Gerard was up, he pushed Rob away violently. If he hadn't been so drunk, the push might've actually done Rob some damage.

"Get away from me, asshole!" Gerard yelled, and Bert walked over to Gerard's side.

"What the hell's your problem, man?" Rob said, offended.

"My problem is your fuckin' face. I saw you flirtin' with that girl over there."

Rob looked very confused.

"What the hell are you on about?"

"You know what I'm talkin' 'bout!" Gerard screamed, and Bert tried to pull on Gerard's arm gently, but Gerard ignored him, waving his hands accusingly at Rob. "You! You act like Ali was never even around, and as soon as she's gone you act like she doesn't even exist! How can you even act the same way to other people? I saw you pushing up against that girl just like you used to Ali-"

'Oh god Rob. Please, please don't say that I'm here. Keep your promise.'

"Ok Gerard. You're overreacting dude. It sucks she broke up with you, I know. But why the hell can't the rest of us flirt? She was never mine. We were friends."

'Thank you, Rob.'

"Broke up?! If that was all... You don't know? She's dead!" Gerard looked like he was going to start crying again. "Fucking dead..."

Rob looked at Gerard for a moment, bewildered.

"Dude, she's not dead, she's engaged."
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh no Rob!
Idiot!
Just like he is in real life XD
^-^ I feel like summer doesnt have enough holidays.
Oh well
Have a good day!
--Mighty Mouse