Status: Reactivated

My Guardian Vampire

Chapter 78

My face fell, slowly, a large knot forming in my stomach, every part of my body suddenly wary. I suddenly had a strange thought: I almost missed what had happened with Gerard and his Brother; it was so much shorter, so much I’ll-just-kill-you-now type of thing instead of all this going on and on and on.

At this thought I laughed aloud, before it got strangled and almost turned into a sob. Billie Joe opened his eyes and looked at me strangely, and I almost felt back to where we were so long ago.

I sighed, deciding not to put up a fight. If I ever got the chance to run I’d take it, and I’d need my legs to be strong.

“Okay, fine, I’ll just go back to the closet now.” I stood up from the couch and walked around it, hanging my head slightly as I trudged back to my room with a couch, my square one.

“You’re just going to give up?” Billie Joe asked, sounding both surprised and bewildered. I paused in the middle of my walk, not turning around, keeping my worn pose.

“No, I’m not giving up. I’m tired, it’s late, my mind literally blew up on itself just a few minutes ago, and now my self-confidence is down because I can’t act like a convincing mindless bimbo zombie for five minutes to literally save my life. Because of this tomorrow I have to figure out how to escape a wedding full of vampires and who-knows-what. So goodnight.”

“You know, it doesn’t have to be like that.”

“Yes it does. You know as well as I do it does. You’re forcing me to marry you, though I don’t know why you’ll think it will make me love you any better. Unless, of course, I become that bimbo again, in which point I don’t even see why you’d want me of all people in the first place.”

“Ali, look, it’s not like that at all.”

I sighed, turning around to look at him.

“I know, I know, I’m just a stupid human. But you could always get some hooker with big tits and personality wise you’d never know the difference once she became zombied.”

I looked at him hopefully, but he shook his head.

“It’s not what you think-“

“I know. It never is. Goodnight, Billie Joe.”

I turned back around and walked into the room, shutting the door behind me. I don’t know why, but I felt like sleeping on the floor tonight. Maybe I just was too tired to take on Barney the Rat tonight, once and for all.

If I failed, I’m sure I’d have plenty of chances to take on barney later.

Once I closed the door I head Billie curse, and a bottle being smashed. I figured more would come, so I grabbed a pillow to put over my head.

But was it really a pillow?
Of course not.

I screamed, flinging Barney off of me, running out the door.

Barney 2, Ali 0.

I shut the door behind me, and it took a moment or two for my eyes to get adjusted. When they did, I yelped out in surprise.

Billie Joe and Mike were fighting. Not just the “Haha let’s be idiotic guys and beat the crap out of each other” fighting. Not even the “I’m really pissed at you so I’m going to beat on you until I lose my anger” kind of fighting.

No, this was much, much, scarier.

Billie Joe and Mike were circling around each other, for only a moment, fangs out, and then they would be a barely-there blur. More circling, Mike limping now, and then another blur. Red on someone’ something, somewhere, and then blood hit the floor like some kind of blood-filled bubble popped. Then Billie was over Mike, trying to choke him as Mike tried to tear at Billie’s face.

“Mike!” I yelled. “Billie! What the hell are you doing?”

“Ali-” Mike said, but was cut off by Billie’s hand in his face. Mike kicked Billie, and looked at me.
“Get out of here!” he screamed, and without even a thought connected to the brain from me, I was gone.

Tré, I realized, was carrying me, running away from the building, the outskirts, everything…
In the sun.

“Tré! Put me down! You’re killing yourself!” I could barely open my eyes with the wind in my face, but I could see Tré, his face so pale, his eyes dark and his face covered in sweat.

“No can do,” he said, his face a mask of total concentration. “I can make it. I can do this.”

I screamed and begged for Tré to stop, to let me down, to get away or something, but he never answered, keeping that one serious look of resolve on his face. Every second seemed stretched out for an eternity; with every that minute that passed, Tré seemed weaker and weaker, and the more that I screamed. I could barely think of what had happened to Mike, my mind unable to even begin to process what could’ve happened to him. I was completely focused on the weakening Tré, his speed quickly decreasing as we moved…

…And then, finally, he collapsed, sending me tumbling to the ground, face full of grass and dirt.

I quickly got up, lurching forward as the world seemed to be going in slow and extremely fast motion at once.

“Tré!” I shouted, spotting him. I stumbled over to him and dragged him into the nearest place I saw darkness. He looked at me, his lips chapped, his face pale, and his eyes so much dimmer than their usual perky happy blue. They looked…
Lifeless.

“Tré!” I shouted again, kneeling over him, feeling him face. “C’mon Tré, I put you in the shade. You’re all right now, right?”

His eyes moved, and I could feel some part of him, whatever was behind those lifeless eyes, look at me.

“I knew I could do it,” he said, his voice rasping like all the air had been taken out of him.

“What do you mean Tré? C’mon Tré, speak to me.”

He faintly smiled, his ghostly gaze now turning behind me. I looked around, seeing we were…

Back at the point house.

‘How did he know where..?’ I thought, but I shook my head, trying to get myself together.

“Tré, I’ll be right back,” I said, standing up and running to the house. ”Please don’t leave me!”

“Don’t leave me,” I heard Tré repeat before I entered the house.

I ran into the house, into the seashell living room, and through the hall, and to the basement doorway. I flung I open the door, trying to get enough breath to scream out anything. My heart was beating so fast I could barely breathe, but somehow managed to scream out.

”Help Tré! He’ Dying! He’s dying!” I yelled, and immediately took off. I didn’t think of who was here, or how’d they react, but al l knew was that Tré needed help.

Without looking back I was running through the hall again back into the living room, about to go outside when my arm was caught.

“Ali? What’re you-” Ray said, shielding his eyes against the sun coming through the open door.

“No time! Help Tré! He’s almost dead!” I yelled, and with that I yanked my arm free and went outside to Tré.

But he wasn’t there.

I stood there, tears coming to my eyes, a sense of dread and confusion overtaking me.

“What?!” I yelled aloud, tears breaking over and streaming down my face. This was a true nightmare.

“Tré…” I whispered, and then I was being pulled back, back to inside the house. I was then being suffocated, hugged, but suddenly I was numb and totally unbelieving to what was going on around me. “Tré!” I screamed. I had yelled so loudly and high pitched I was immediately let go.

“Ali? What’s wrong?”

Someone sat me down on the couch, and I couldn’t even tell who was talking to me. I was still stuck in total disbelief. How could he have just disappeared like that? I mean, I had seen some weird things, but he was nearly dead.

Then, it hit me.

“Billie…Billie Joe has Tré.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Duh duh duhn, once again.
DUDE I ACTUALLY SLEPT WELL LAST NIGHT!!!
Because of that, and the fact that this chapter is a little shorter than my usuals:
*Gives out Ali AND Frank Dolls *
lol, and because people asked so nicely for them :D
You guys are the shit. The bomb. The magna carta.
XD
Love you all!
---Merry Gilmore